You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Ive always liked lovren, I remember watching some every touch videos when we were linked to him at Lyon and he looked good then too.

Rodgers has been talking about his leadership qualities and from lovrens interview you could tell hes a bigger personality then our other cbs so I can see an impact there.

Good buissness if we end up getting him for agger plus 8m but agger has been linked away for so long that I wont be believing reports until its done.

Welcome, Dejan.

Didn't know where else to put this but I'm a bit concerned about this season. Hopefully Lovren will slot in and do the biz, but if he doesn't where does Rodgers go from there? Now that Rodgers has his new centre backs he'll need to show he can improve our defence without having too much of an impact on our attacking play.

My concern is that this might not happen. If we continue to be leaky at the back then combined with the loss of Suarez it could be a long hard season. With lallana already injured I can't help thinking things are going to tricky for us this season and I'll be surprised if we're in contention for the title again.

Welcome, Dejan.

Didn't know where else to put this but I'm a bit concerned about this season. Hopefully Lovren will slot in and do the biz, but if he doesn't where does Rodgers go from there? Now that Rodgers has his new centre backs he'll need to show he can improve our defence without having too much of an impact on our attacking play.

My concern is that this might not happen. If we continue to be leaky at the back then combined with the loss of Suarez it could be a long hard season. With lallana already injured I can't help thinking things are going to tricky for us this season and I'll be surprised if we're in contention for the title again.

With our current midfield and lack of top quality fullbacks and Rodger's go-for-broke style, we will definitely leak goals as opposition teams will soon work out that if you can weather the early onslaught, or even concede a goal or two, space and time will appear, and we can be swamped. And the advantageous thing for the opposition that follows is that, despite this happening time and time again, most fans and the manager are happy enough blaming the center backs and the keeper, and ignoring the rest.

With our current midfield and lack of top quality fullbacks and Rodger's go-for-broke style, we will definitely leak goals as opposition teams will soon work out that if you can weather the early onslaught, or even concede a goal or two, space and time will appear, and we can be swamped. And the advantageous thing for the opposition that follows is that, despite this happening time and time again, most fans and the manager are happy enough blaming the center backs and the keeper, and ignoring the rest.

Do you really think Rodgers will use exactly the same tactical approach as last season?

Apt analogy that one Ice, since he's been known to cruise round in his motor at the speed of a milk float, at some incredibly inopportune moments for someone who definitely, categorically doesn't want to attract street walkers into his car, m'lud.

Allegedly.

The beady-eyed fucking sex ferret.

• Upvote 2

He won't sacrifice Gerrards  range of passing/set piece delivery for a more defensively mobile player so it will be the same. 

The early onslaught needs top level attacking player as a replacement for Suarez to be effective.

I can see why Rodgers was so keen to get him.  If he continues in that vein and stays injury free, him & the Mig will be first names on the team sheet in most games.

Maybe a bit early to compare him to Sami, but for impact on our defence the similarities are striking.  He's a threat from set plays.

And he was desperate to come here too.

I get the feeling this guy is going to be immense for us.