You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

Some journalist on Sunday Supplement yesterday was the first media person calling him out for what he actually is, they were all saying how great Mourinho is and this guy came out with the only truths I've ever heard about Mourinho. I hope they all follow suit and start calling out the horrible cunt.

Costa is Mourinhos perfect player, he's the most disgusting person I've seen in a Premier League game, yesterday for example, Fonte did absolutely nothing wrong by tackling him and that stupid cunt just walks to him and shoves him. The fact he jumps in Ibra's face cheering when he got a red the other night just shows how much of a gutless piece of shit him and his manager is.

Next time Mourinho gets to go on his soapbox on Goals on Sunday they should wheel out Souness as a surprise guest. 

He'd shit a brick. He funked out of squaring up to Wenger ffs.

I'd probably watch that to be fair. Have him sitting in the studio and then bring Souness out with a WWE Undertaker-style entrance.

Some journalist on Sunday Supplement yesterday was the first media person calling him out for what he actually is, they were all saying how great Mourinho is and this guy came out with the only truths I've ever heard about Mourinho. I hope they all follow suit and start calling out the horrible cunt.

Costa is Mourinhos perfect player, he's the most disgusting person I've seen in a Premier League game, yesterday for example, Fonte did absolutely nothing wrong by tackling him and that stupid cunt just walks to him and shoves him. The fact he jumps in Ibra's face cheering when he got a red the other night just shows how much of a gutless piece of shit him and his manager is.

This can't be the case as I remember how incensed he used to get about Suarez's supposed cheating.

How are Costa's hamstrings these days anyway? They must have been fine ever since the international football breaks. What terrific fitness management.

I find it hard to look beyond Drogba as his perfect player.  An absolutely pathological cheat, way beyond what Suarez used to get up to in regularity.  It was every time the ball came to him for a couple of years, and that's what Mourinho's really obsessively about; loading the percentages in your favour by choreographed, persistent cheating from the start of a game to the finish. 

When he stopped going down no matter what position he was in he scored over 30 goals and was absolutely unplayable for some of the right reasons, and even then he was the most consistent cheat I'd ever seen in football by a country mile.

• Upvote 3

Their fans are the same, just a relentless black hole of cuntishness, cuntishness implacable if you will. Costa takes cheating to a different level than Suarez, actually it's offensive to pair Suarez and Costa as one and the same.

Costa deliberately headbutts people and spits in peoples faces, just for the fun of doing it. He seems completely calculated when he purposely rakes his studs down Skrtels leg and relishes the argy bargy that pursues. He has absolutely no respect for any opposing professional as evidenced by him squaring up to Gerrard.

Suarez became the worlds worst human being for some innocuous bite that did no damage and this cunt is purposely trying to injure and fight as many players as possible yet no one's arsed, it pisses me off the hypocrisy of it all. 

• Upvote 1

He's a total sociopath.

Like a gay version of Don Revie.  Winning at all costs serves him well, but he won't be remembered by fans of Madrid fondly because the 'siege mentality' schtick is just so smalltime.

If he could coach his players to actually beat the team in front of them in a fair way then he'd be a great manager.  He doesn't and he isn't. 

Beating Chelsea is such a good feeling because it feels like you're winning something bigger than a football match, it feels like your pointing out that the original Da Vinci piece that Mourinho hawks around is actually a fake.

• Upvote 2

Their fans are the same, just a relentless black hole of cuntishness, cuntishness implacable if you will. Costa takes cheating to a different level than Suarez, actually it's offensive to pair Suarez and Costa as one and the same.

Costa deliberately headbutts people and spits in peoples faces, just for the fun of doing it. He seems completely calculated when he purposely rakes his studs down Skrtels leg and relishes the argy bargy that pursues. He has absolutely no respect for any opposing professional as evidenced by him squaring up to Gerrard.

Suarez became the worlds worst human being for some innocuous bite that did no damage and this cunt is purposely trying to injure and fight as many players as possible yet no one's arsed, it pisses me off the hypocrisy of it all.

Costa gets away with for some reason and he's considered some kind of hardman for it. At least 5 times a game he pushes people or goes head to head with them and no one bats an eyelid. He did it to David Luiz the other night I know he slightly made a meal of it but Costa pushed his head towards Luiz but not one thing was said. He's a cunt, just like his manager and just like their fans.

Pisses me off too, if Suarez had been a Chelsea player he'd be lauded as some sort of cheeky chappy not the spawn of satan.

He refers to himself in third person as well, a sure fire sign of a nutter.

Always remember a press conference where Thierry Henry was speaking and his phone went off, all the journos thought it was hilarious and Henry answered the phone and said 'I can't talk right now, we're doing Thiery Henry'. Damndest thing I ever did hear. 

That Inter Milan side of his, I always thought it was totally classless the way he left them. 

But that CL win of his was produced against the odds, using shithouse tactics allied with some luck.

They didn't win any of their first 3 group games, and then only won their fourth with two goals in the 86th and 89th minute away to Kiev. 

In the last group game they won 2-0 at the San Siro against Rubin Kazan, whereas Kiev lost 1-2 at home to Barca despite going a goal up within 2 minutes.

He then gets drawn against Chelsea, cosy, and wins 2-1 at the San Siro, and 1-0 at Stamford Bridge, with Ross Turnbull in goal for Chelsea.  His luck was in.

He then gets a lovely bit of luck in the next round by drawing CSKA Moscow, not that he knows anyone in Russia, and eeks out two 1-0 wins.  By now the 5th clean sheet for them in the competition.

Then came the unbelievable semi final against Barcelona when they won 3-1 at the San Siro despite conceding first, and then the second leg which was shithouse negativity incarnated.  They lost 1-0 but only conceded in the 84th minute.  They also had a man sent off after 28 minutes, and this initiated the sealing of the blast doors.

He then met Louis Van Gaal's Bayern in the final and won 2-0, all overseen by Howard Webb. 

It irks me so much because that was the title which saw him lifted onto a pedestal as one of only a handful to have won the CL with more than one team.  I don't think Mourinho deserves that accolade, his Porto team conceded 8 in the group stage alone and then navigated the knockouts by coming up against United, Lyon, and Deportivo, whereas Monaco had to overcome Lokomotiv Moscow, Real Madrid and Chelsea to reach the final.

Porto's top scorer was Benni McCarthy with 4 goals.   Not even close to the 9 scored by Morientes and 7 for Dado Prso at Monaco.

In fact, Monaco beat Real Madrid 3-1, and beat Deportivo 8-3.

Porto met Madrid in the group stages and lost 3-1 and got a penalty to scrape a 1-1 at the Bernabau, and the scraped a 1-0 aggregate win over Deportivo over their knockout games.

I just find him to be good in this competition due to his shithouse style of grinding out defensive performances through being overly physical and deploying snide antics behind the referees back.  It's cup game fodder, he invokes the smalltime 'us against the world' mentality and sends the players out to hurt the opposition.

At Inter his yard dogs were Stankovic, Lucio, Samuel, Pandev.

At Chelsea it was Terry, Carvalho, Drogba, etc.

At Porto it was Carvalho, Costa, Maniche and Costinha.

One last thing, his Porto win over Monaco was the only time I can find a CL/EC finalist who didn't register a shot on target.  I've gone back over 20 years, to the 1995 final, and can't find data past then, but Monaco were miserable on the night.

Incidentally, the closest to that was Man United when they were soundly beaten by Barca in 2011, where they registered 1 shot on target.

He cannot bring himself to trust his players to get positive results with a more open, fluid and expansive style of play regardless of the fact that since Porto (and including the fact that Porto were financially far better off than Benfica, Sporting and the rest of the Portuguese league at the time) he has had access to vast resources to secure some of the best players on the planet. Put them together and you've a great chance of create a fluid attacking style that wins plaudits as well as trophies. 

He needs games to be attritional and bitty, especially if it's a big game and especially if it's a big game in the Champions League. It's all about disrupting the rhythm of the opponent in the most calculating and cynical way possible while bending the rules, and it frequently results in breaking the rules. There isn't another manager currently employed whose teams are involved in so many controversial and distasteful incidents as Mourinho's teams. 

• Upvote 1

None of the above can match Mourinho's pan-league success.I am talking results, not popularity.

Our very own Brendan has spoken often of the debt he owes Mourinho for what he learned in his time with him, and if he can emulate a fraction of what Mourinho has achieved we will have done very well indeed.

So do you admire or respect him for doing what he has done ? 

I genuinely would stop following our results and campaign for his removal if he came to Anfield . There is a limit to what is acceptable in pursuit of winning a game of football and he crosses it.

• Upvote 2

I always thought my hatred of Man UTD & Slur Alex could not be equalled, but since the old drunken twat has left, Chelsea & Mourinho may have just overtaken my hatred for all things UTD and that's some achievement. I fucking despise everything about that club & that horrible, slimy snide twat in a way I never thought possible.

As much as I can't stand him, you can't really discredit his achievements. It's similar to how you get mongs who support us attempt to denigrate Ferguson's achievements with the Mancs.

"Oh, he owes all his success to a good crop of youngsters."

Conveniently ignoring he'd already one two league titles with them and some other trophies up until that point to go with those he won at Aberdeen, one of which was a European trophy after beating Real Madrid in the final.

"He was shit in Europe."

Again, he won a European trophy with bloody Aberdeen. Two European Cups is still nothing to be sniffed at, and could even have had three or four more for those cunts, if they hadn't have faced one of the all time great teams in the final both times.

I'd love to put Mourinho's achievements down to spawn, but you really can't. He's won trophies in every country he's managed and has done it consistently over a period spanning just over a decade. You can't paint it any other way.

Cunt of a person, absolutely. Brilliant manager, no question.

Someone like Ancelotti is worth far more praise, though. Proof you don't have to be a twat to be winner. Gives me great satisfaction that a pair of gents like him and Bob look down on him from their lofty three-time European Cup winners' perch.

• Upvote 5

*snip*

Cunt of a person, absolutely. Brilliant manager, no question.

Someone like Ancelotti is worth far more praise, though. Proof you don't have to be a twat to be winner. Gives me great satisfaction that a pair of gents like him and Bob look down on him from their lofty three-time European Cup winners' perch.

I think the thing about Mourinho in comparison to his peers, and one reason why so many hate him, is that he never seems to get any great satisfaction from football itself, just clean sheets and wins. He treats it like a job he excels at, but has no real love for.

He'd rather win a CL by an attritional 1-0 than thrill the crowd with a 4-3, whereas figures like Ancelotti - or even Ferguson for that matter - have a clear passion for the sport that can be seen through their sides. 

He's great at what he does, but he's like a record producer making a string of number ones thanks to autotune, he's soulless. 

• Upvote 3