You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The unpopular opinion thread 2014 - amnesty applies.

Kevin D

1. If I was given a choice of one of Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard or Gary Neville as a future Liverpool manager I would go for Gary Neville every time.

2. Jamies Carragher is a bluffer and his huge reputation relies mainly on a massive ability to manage his PR image rather than any valid asessment of his performances and contribution to the club over the course of his career.

3. Stevie G does not have the football intelligence or lack of ego necessary to be a world class central midfielder. On the other hand, he could have been the best player in the world playing right midfield.

• Upvote 1

1. If I was given a choice of one of Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard or Gary Neville as a future Liverpool manager I would go for Gary Neville every time.

2. Jamies Carragher is a bluffer and his huge reputation relies mainly on a massive ability to manage his PR image rather than any valid asessment of his performances and contribution to the club over the course of his career.

3. Stevie G does not have the football intelligence or lack of ego necessary to be a world class central midfielder. On the other hand, he could have been the best player in the world playing right midfield.

Why do you support Liverpool if you hate scousers so much?

2. Jamies Carragher is a bluffer and his huge reputation relies mainly on a massive ability to manage his PR image rather than any valid asessment of his performances and contribution to the club over the course of his career.

3. Stevie G does not have the football intelligence or lack of ego necessary to be a world class central midfielder. On the other hand, he could have been the best player in the world playing right midfield.

My opinion to this?

Fuck Off soft lad.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Please post this in a non-amnesty thread.

Thanks.

• Upvote 3

He can do it well.  He did it well at the start of the season when we had a few backs to the wall game.  The reason I am defending him so much is because rival fans and people who have disliked Gerrard for years always used this myth that Gerrard wasn't a proper midfielder.  They pumped this myth round so much it became fact.  When in reality Gerrard won all his trophies for Liverpool playing in the centre and was at his best when he was operating at both ends of the pitch.

The season everyone likes to rave about i.e. the 08/09 season is another complete myth.  It's not factual at all.  In that season Gerrard and Torres didn't actually play as often together in the league as people like to remember due to injuries.  Do you know that Gerrard actually only assisted Torres once in the league in that whole season?  We also came back from losing positions a record number times.  I think it was something like 10/11 games.  More often than not that was down to us playing one upfront with Gerrard in AM.  It was only when we threw another forward on and brought Gerrard back into CM when we actually won those games.  People don't remember that though.  It was playing Gerrard in that position in the middle of the season that cost us the league.

The Hollywood thing is just another myth that's come out of the DM generation.  I guarantee you in the coming years playing Gerrard in the holding role will be seen as a masterstroke by a lot of people.  It will be seen that way because so many people are against it but it is the single most obvious thing to do.

People are using the last 2 games as a stick to beat Gerrard with as it suits their agenda.  They don't see that he can actually just have a bad game once in a while and he was just back from injury.  I guess we will just have to agree to disagree and only time will tell who is right.

Edit.  Forgot to mention.  Go through the list of holding midfielders for any side in the prem.  In my unpopular opinion Gerrard is better than all of them at playing their own position.  It's down to the fact that not only can he do what they do he actually offers more than them as well.  They would all take him and start him.

The most deluded post I think I've ever read and very factually incorrect.

Suppose posts like this are made for this thread but fucking hell.  Part 2 isn't an opinion, it's flat out wrong.

• Downvote 1

The guest he make some good point about 09 season. This forum it be regular froth at mouth about Benitez say he no have balls to win league be too defensive, up until last 12 games after many many draw against bad team and have one decent striker at club.

Also I like Jack Johnson.

-Andre Wisdom is poor and won't make the grade here. 

-More than likely Flanagan won't either.

-Rafa bringing his contract up and to a lesser extent throwing a song and dance about Robbie Keane in the middle of his one and only title push was unprofessional, opportunistic and possibly cost us that title.

The guest he make some good point about 09 season. This forum it be regular froth at mouth about Benitez say he no have balls to win league be too defensive, up until last 12 games after many many draw against bad team and have one decent striker at club.

Also I like Jack Johnson.

tumblr_m21sx1VkiA1r26ppgo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

A lot of it is opinion which you can disagree with but I don't just want to know where it is factually incorrect I want to know where it is "very factually incorrect?

Gerrard never played a deeper role that season, Mascherano and Alonso did with the odd appearence from Lucas.  When we slapped United 4-1 (while on that run) you re-watch that game and tell me where Gerrard started and where he played for 90+ minutes.  He didn't skin past Evra to win a penalty and get Vidic sent off from a holding midfielder role.

I don't know if thats one of those things you've made up in your head and started to believe but I can't remember a single game that season were he playing holding midfield.  I agree with the Torres/Gerrard injury thing, they hardly played together - if they had we'd of won the league.

This is not the place DanDan.  There are some shocking opinions on here, not least mine, but this thread is somewhere you should feel safe to share your views, no matter how ridiculous they are.  

Are you saying Kevin D was right to neg an opinion in an Amnesty thread then stringy?

It's his cousin Kevie G I feel for as hie is the family member that's gonna get the revenge.*

*He's not really.