You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

Another game, another sitter missed. 

He was dreadful, but he wasn't alone in that. The personnel upfront didn't really matter, Gasperini's tactical changes at half time meant our forwards weren't actually going to get the ball in the second half. 

21 minutes ago, Code said:

Apart from the fact we created fuck all after he left the pitch you might have a point.

Another game, another goal. 

Jesus mate, he scored a penalty, you could pick randoms out of the crowd who'd score from the spot.

You're saying he played well?

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Jesus mate, he scored a penalty, you could pick randoms out of the crowd who'd score from the spot.

You're saying he played well?

Salah was one of or maybe our best attacking player.

58 minutes ago, Code said:

Apart from the fact we created fuck all after he left the pitch you might have a point.

hasn't got a goal in open play in 5 games or any assists

9 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

hasn't got a goal in open play in 5 games or any assists

Penalties needs to be scored.

Assists are sadly not down to the guy setting people up with a certain chance to score.

One of our greatest ever attackers, but the new manager and Edwards have to weigh up his wages and transfer value as a 32-year-old against the likelihood of him having a big enough impact for us next season and the season after.

The sensible thing for everyone would be for him to move on.

57 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

bite anyone's hand off for £50m+ in the summer. Hopefully the stupid Saudi's get nearer £100m

I think the same, and think it will be £40-£50m at best even from the Saudi's. He's not funding a rebuild that's for sure.

I know @Code thinks mo played well. But regardless of his measurement against gakpo or whatever. Is there anyone who thinks he's recovered from his injury and free enough from injury that he can be the star we expect? 

He looks a shadow to me and it's hard to believe he can/will turn it around in the oast 6 games? 

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I know @Code thinks mo played well. But regardless of his measurement against gakpo or whatever. Is there anyone who thinks he's recovered from his injury and free enough from injury that he can be the star we expect? 

He looks a shadow to me and it's hard to believe he can/will turn it around in the oast 6 games? 

Wonder how much of it is mental. It's the first major injury he's had since he's been here discounting the Ramos shoulder. 

Out for a few weeks, and as soon as we thought he was back he aggravated it and misses a couple more weeks. 

He's never missed so many games in a season, and for a a player that barely even picks up common knocks or small strains, it's going to be difficult for him 

It's going to have a major impact on him, he's going to be playing it much safer, not going into full sprints, swerving 50/50 challenges etc. 

On top of that, he's potentially having the same doubts we are, maybe he's got it into his head that his body is at the beginning of it's sharp decline and he doesn't know how much longer his career at this level is going to last. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Code said:

2 hours ago, Code said:

Screenshot_20240418_233429_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, Code said:

Salah was one of or maybe our best attacking player.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Penalties needs to be scored.

Assists are sadly not down to the guy setting people up with a certain chance to score.

It’s all over the front page 

You give me Code rage 

Racing through the best day’s 

The miss when he tried to lob the keeper when one on one cost us the tie, or at least put a massive dent in our chance to win it.

I’m not having a go at him, it’s just true. Score that, for him an easy chance, and we are set up for the second half.

Like the rest of the team he’s playing badly. 

• Upvote 1

Definitely should not be selling him! 17 goals in the premier league for a player that's supposedly finished.

He's not fully fit but we desperately need him so he's forced in and it makes things look worse.

Didn’t play well, but there’s no getting away from the fact we were much poorer after he went off.

Between the goal, the missed chance and the pass/possible red card incident, he’d shown he was capable of hurting Atalanta. 

I wouldn’t have been subbing him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Didn’t play well, but there’s no getting away from the fact we were much poorer after he went off.

Between the goal, the missed chance and the pass/possible red card incident, he’d shown he was capable of hurting Atalanta. 

I wouldn’t have been subbing him.

The subs were strange and shit. We took all pace and movement out of the side (not that it was amazing). As soon as they were made we went static as fuck. I thought Jones or Dom should have gone for Jota and gone 4-2-4 with Gakpo coming deep for Macca to try and use. What we got was Nunez like a headless chicken, Jota and Gakpo paceless wide and Harvey replacing Dom like for like. We were running out of ideas in any case but those subs just confirmed it 20 minutes early.

• Upvote 1

On 19/04/2024 at 00:47, Barrington Womble said:

You want to lock him in a hop drying facility for the last 6 games? It might work!