You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Fantastic news. Binning off one of the brightest young managers in the game after one poor season would be madness. Bin off Sterling, bring in some motivated players like milner, clyne and ings and let's have another crack at shocking the world and bringing home number 19.

In Brendan we trust

• Upvote 3

Agreed with what's been said by Jones there in The Echo, would prefer it if they at least said something about what's changed, if anything. I'm not giving Rodgers abuse though or getting wound up, just thought Klopp might have been the better choice if they could get him.

Two things I'd like to see next season, as well as good enough attacking players being signed : Markovic being given more time, but in an attacking role, not anywhere near the wing back position, and finally for Rodgers to sort that defence out, because we can't carry on like this. That for me would mean Lovren not playing much at all, but whatever happens, even if we sign great a great striker, winger, and DM, that defence has got to be sorted out.

I'm seriously worried about us now. We are toast and it just fell butter side down. This man cannot organize a defence, won't buy DMs and has no vision 3 years and millions of quids later. Fuck it. Fuck FSfuckingG in their left nostril. 

• Upvote 2

Glad he's staying, but the hard work starts now.

Not sure why people are upset about this, there's six months for Rodgers to improve the club before Klopp and Ancelotti get back in the ring.

It's win win, it was the right decision by FSG and they deserve credit for not being knee jerk.

You wanted him out the other week!

Fantastic news. Binning off one of the brightest young managers in the game after one poor season would be madness. Bin off Sterling, bring in some motivated players like milner, clyne and ings and let's have another crack at shocking the world and bringing home number 19.

In Brendan we trust

Fucking Stoke

Fucking six

Fucking one

Fuck off

• Upvote 1

This is it for me. I just can't see us ever coming back from this unless these douchers sell and we get the proverbial sugar daddy. We are so, so fucked. Rafa desperate to come back to us and we blank him like we are still hot shit. Klopp floating around and we don't snap him up. Ancelotti is available and we don't break the bank to make him an offer he can't refuse. Yet in other news, FSG have done enormous baseball deals with the Red Sox. WTF? Are we the red-headed step child in this equation or what? 

Nothing against the guy personally but how on earth anyone can see this dude as anything but an average manager bewilders me. Our flaccid capitulation in the CL that Suarez had given to us as a going away present, our pathetic and cowardly display against Villa. The utter embarrassment at Stoke? Jesus literally did weep. How much worse does it have to get? 

I respect all those who are backing him. I am glad you can find it in you to 'go again'. Me personally I just feel completely out of fucks to give now and that's what really scares me. This rant is probably my death rattle. Seriously guyzz, what the actual fuck is going on? 

• Upvote 8

I respect all those who are backing him. I am glad you can find it in you to 'go again'. Me personally I just feel completely out of fucks to give now and that's what really scares me. This rant is probably my death rattle. Seriously guyzz, what the actual fuck is going on? 

I'm not backing him personally, have become neutral. I back our players though, even Lovren if he's started next season. I think Rodgers has six months to sort things out, and still have little confidence that we'll defend properly, or get our tactics working properly against the top sides. At the same time I'm not totally writing him off. After the insanity of what happened at Stoke it might have made him change the way he works a fair bit (purely from shock), and possibly for the better. Now he has a chance to prove that, although I still only think he has around 6 months to do that, unless FSG really have lost the plot.

This is going to sound crazy but I prefer Rodgers to Lovren.

I think part of the problem with Lovren is Rodgers and the ways he sets us up to defend. Also the near constant changing of players which prevents them from ever getting settled together. So even though Lovren has driven me mad regularly, I back him over the manager for the time being.

Kidding aside - if it cost us 20m to part w Rodgers or you could get 20m for Lovren? No contest. 

I get the support the players thing.

Can't we use the £20m from the Lovren sale to pay off Rodgers?

And can we do this with other players? 

What can we get for Enrique? £3m? £4m? Will that be enough to try and land Ian Ayre on the moon?

• Upvote 5