You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

What an absolute crock of shit.

Your bitterness is embarrassing and pathetic.

Go and ask a Chelsea fan if they would be happy to win the EL next season! Or a Utd fan. Or an Arsenal fan.

That's the point I made.

Somebody else made a point that he took over when they were already struggling in the CL so in that sense I agree it was more of an achievement than if he'd taken over at the start of the season and was repsonsible for the poor CL run (which he wasn't).

He's clearly a very good manager and if ended up coming back here he'd have my full backing.

Go and ask a Chelsea fan if they would be happy to win the EL next season! Or a Utd fan. Or an Arsenal fan.

That's the point I made.

Somebody else made a point that he took over when they were already struggling in the CL so in that sense I agree it was more of an achievement than if he'd taken over at the start of the season and was repsonsible for the poor CL run (which he wasn't).

He's clearly a very good manager and if ended up coming back here he'd have my full backing.

If you think Chelsea fans didn't celebrate winning the UEFA Cup two years ago, you're very much mistaken.

If you think Chelsea fans didn't celebrate winning the UEFA Cup two years ago, you're very much mistaken.

Of course they celebrated, I didn't suggest otherwise.

My point is simply that winning the EL after dropping out of the CL tarnishes the achievement in my opinion.

Ignore the manager aspect i'm just talking generally.

If we'd won it this year of course i'd have been happy for some silverware but at the back of my mind i'd have still had the shite CL campaign in there.

It's obviously a subjective thing.

Going out against Besiktas is where Rodgers lost it for me. All the rubrics used to support him in terms of league standing - less money, worse players, etc. - obtained in our behalf against them and we still fucking went out.

That was a trophy we could have won and a competition we certainly should have done better in.

I don't hate Rafa, that's just something you have decided.

Whatever. You were the very first fan on his back and kept up your hateful campaign until he was gone. People aren't stupid. You were talking about jibbing the match in because people were singing Rafa songs. All very weird.

• Upvote 1

Whatever. You were the very first fan on his back and kept up your hateful campaign until he was gone. People aren't stupid. You were talking about jibbing the match in because people were singing Rafa songs. All very weird.

THE very first fan on his back? How so? Pointing out things I didn't like about him? Stone me.

And please quote me properly; I didn't say I was jibbing the match because of that, I mentioned loads of things and you're just being selective.

The only thing weird here, is you.

Anyway, there's a forum to argue about old points so feel free to go over there if you want to drag shite up.

I merely said that if he came back i'd get behind him and you're trying to have a go at me for that! How horrible of me!

Mental.

Always good to hear from an influential lifelong Liverpool supporter and his views.

Liverpool owners must avoid snap decisions, says Rick Parry By Simon Stone BBC Sport

Liverpool's owners should avoid knee-jerk reactions to a disappointing season, says the club's former chief executive Rick Parry.

A 1-0 defeat at struggling Hull means the Reds are unlikely to qualify for the Champions League next season.

They will also finish without a major trophy for the third straight season.

"You have to stay strong. You've got to stick to your principles and not be blown this way and that," said Parry, chief executive at Anfield until 2009.

"By last season's standards, this season's been a little bit disappointing.

"Then again, two domestic cup semi-finals and still technically in contention for a Champions League place is not a million miles away."

"Coming hard on the heels of a dismal performance in defeat by Aston Villa in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley, another late-season collapse has left manager Brendan Rodgers facing serious questions."

Appointed Kenny Dalglish's replacement in 2012, Brendan Rodgers is the first Liverpool manager in more than half a century not to win a trophy in his first three full seasons at the club.

The 42-year-old Northern Irishman, who took the Reds to the brink of the Premier League title last season only to lose out to Manchester City, believes he is still the right man to take the club forward.

He also insists the club's American owners, Fenway Sports Group, will support him with marquee signings this summer.

Speaking at The Sporting Directors' Summit in Manchester, Parry defended Rodgers.

He said: "You don't go from zero to hero overnight and you don't go from hero to zero overnight.

"But at a club like Liverpool, the weight of expectation, from the fans and the ownership in terms of delivering and winning trophies, is very high."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32525401

I know that you're full of shit.

Here you are (as usual) downplaying everything he's done at the same time as saying you'd give him your full backing. Just utter nonsense.

It's not nonsense, it's just an opinion. You clearly can't stand that opinion, which is cool if a bit bizarre.

I have said complimentary things about him but you're just ignoring them, that's your choice.