You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Their remaining home league games are all against complete dross so they'll win those and that'll hopefully keep the natives calm. I'm genuinely fearful though that he could get sacked, but a few wins at home will hopefully calm that.

The fact they had to send stewards to protect that banner is class though.

But what a fucking stupid banner to erect in the first place. As a manager you should be given time; but you have to earn respect and adulation. Just getting handed it because some megalomaniac drunk fuck-stick decided you're the man for the job is North Korea like.

• Upvote 3

Stewards protecting The Chosen One banner from being torn down

article-2589392-1C90B2A000000578-362_634

In years to come this image will remain a thing of great beauty. It just encapsulates the arrogance of Manchester United that Ferguson had instilled into the masses that slavsihly followed them. The idea that like some fucking Deity he could anoint a messiah to go out and continue his mission. Fuck right off

• Upvote 3

He said something before the City game that summed up who he is and why that spelled disaster for United.

"They have hurt more because I joined Manchester United with big expectations myself, that I was coming to the winning football club."

The winning football club. That's how the deluded undertaker thinks it works isn't it; you do a steady job for many years at one of the lower order which you constantly dress up as plucky, don't make any waves while always deferring to the big boss up in the private office, then when the book gets opened up one day he picks your name out, and it's your turn - your fortunes and role in life changing overnight.

Not a single, solitary clue what it takes to actually be a winner, he thought when you get the United job success takes care of itself, like it's on rails needing someone to just press the start button, and the only reason he wasn't covered in success before is he wasn't at the winning club.

I suspect being at the losing club is something that will follow you wherever you go Gollum, like the bloke who's shat himself forever wondering how everyone he stands next to in a crowd has always farted, even when he keeps moving around.

• Upvote 2

He has actually even managed to outdo himself in every sense of the word, as he has completely back flipped on his own very good record against Manchester City by making this Manchester United team the first to lose 3 OT derby games in a row since the early 70's.

The boy is a fucking genius!

There are levels in all sports even at and toward the top, and I presume the dedication, single-mindedness and ego it takes to make a living in professional football just over-ride the ability in some to see which one they're at.

While being an excellent choice to pick up, steady and improve a lower to midtable club, Moyes will never be a big club manager as long as he has a hole in his arse.

He said something before the City game that summed up who he is and why that spelled disaster for United.

"They have hurt more because I joined Manchester United with big expectations myself, that I was coming to the winning football club."

The winning football club. That's how the deluded undertaker thinks it works isn't it; you do a steady job for many years at one of the lower order which you constantly dress up as plucky, don't make any waves while always deferring to the big boss up in the private office, then when the book gets opened up one day he picks your name out, and it's your turn - your fortunes and role in life changing overnight.

Not a single, solitary clue what it takes to actually be a winner, he thought when you get the United job success takes care of itself, like it's on rails needing someone to just press the start button, and the only reason he wasn't covered in success before is he wasn't at the winning club.

I suspect being at the losing club is something that will follow you wherever you go Gollum, like the bloke who's shat himself forever wondering how everyone he stands next to in a crowd has always farted, even when he keeps moving around.

Hold it right there, mate! He didn't just turn up expecting the winning to just happen. Oh no. He brought iPads, whiteboards and shit. He came prepared. You can't fool Moyesie.

Apparently the mancs team cost £30 million more than city's last night. Quality comment on the Guardian website: "Moyes is like a school cook who's been given amazing ingredients but only knows how to make cottage pie". Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Upvote 2

Scariest thing about last night was how matter of fact City were, as if there was no doubt in their, or anyone else, mind that they would win at a canter. The spell is well and truly broken that's the true Moysian magic.

What worries me is this business of the fans abusing slur. His ego won't stand for that - it's probably the only thing that will make him sack Moyes sooner rather than later.

Great post.  Similar imo to Hodgson in that being given the job was like some sort of long overdue reward for paying his dues with smaller clubs instead of earning it on merit or making a convincing argument to be appointed.  The man's a charlatan and is without doubt Ferguson; the hate encrusted old cunt's, worst appointment.  

No-one believed he could do this in such a short period of time.  Hard work, dedication and unswerving commitment have confounded the commentators and the press.  I am slightly nervous that this might only be a flash in the pan.  I'd like to see it continue over many seasons. 

I just realised that my posts on Rodgers and Moyes are interchangeable.  

• Upvote 3