You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - gollum?

Guest San Don

Man U fans want to lose:

10152508_452072791604925_1321658962_n.jp

In a weird way, I can see where they're coming from. Back in 2009/10 (Rafa's last home game in charge) we were playing Chelsea who needed a win to remain ahead of the Mancs and in with a great chance of winning the title. A lot of our fans were prepared to see the team get beat because it made the Mancs' task that much harder, and Liverpool had already dropped out of contention for a Champions League place by then so there really wasn't anything left to play for. It was the lesser of two evils. When your team is in a situation where the fans would prefer to see you get beat just so your most hated rivals may miss out on a prize, you really have had a shit season.

• Upvote 2

In a weird way, I can see where they're coming from. Back in 2009/10 (Rafa's last home game in charge) we were playing Chelsea who needed a win to remain ahead of the Mancs' and in with a great chance of winning the title. A lot of our fans were prepared to see the team get beat because it made the Mancs task that much harder, and Liverpool had already dropped out of contention for a Champions League place by then so there really wasn't anything left to play for. When your team is in a situation where the fans would prefer to see you get beat just so your most hated rivals may miss out on a prize, you really have had a shit season.

Yep. I definitely see their dilemma.

In a weird way, I can see where they're coming from. Back in 2009/10 (Rafa's last home game in charge) we were playing Chelsea who needed a win to remain ahead of the Mancs and in with a great chance of winning the title. A lot of our fans were prepared to see the team get beat because it made the Mancs' task that much harder, and Liverpool had already dropped out of contention for a Champions League place by then so there really wasn't anything left to play for. It was the lesser of two evils. When your team is in a situation where the fans would prefer to see you get beat just so your most hated rivals may miss out on a prize, you really have had a shit season.

This is all true, but for it to be a real parallel that would have had to be Everton we were playing, and they would need to have been in with a strong chance of winning the league.

Even worse for them than it was for us, especially as Ancelotti's Chelsea were nowhere near as cunty as the current incarnation.  Small mercies.

Goes to show they still hate us the most

I was in the kop when we beat blackburn 2;1 but they won the league. I nearly cried when redknapp scored that free kick

Just really desperate stuff, the team they should be hating is their immediate city derby rivals and yet still....

Love the stuff from Charlton, ancient duffer with little managerial experience backing a manager without any rational argument and a recognition that Moyes has been pants. It doesn't get any better than this. Long live Moyes, the tactical genius!!

That picture is cringeworthy. How the mighty have fallen. And they're actually lapping it all up. Sad bastards.

I'm fucking glad they are losing tonight!

I want them dead. I want them destroyed on a biblical level, full on Fall of Troy level destruction.

I want Brendan to stand over and behold their ruin and laugh like a vengeful god!!

• Upvote 3

Don't know if they realise this in Oz but while they have been talking about Moyes, Simply Red's "Holding back the years" playing in the background... Class!

Has to be a Scouse director there.

Fuck you Mick Hucknall! Long live Moyseh!!

Holding back the years

Chance for me to escape from all I've known

Holding back the tears

Cause nothing here has grown

I've wasted all my tears

Wasted all those years

And nothing had the chance to be good

Nothing ever could yeah

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

So tight

I've wasted all my tears

Wasted all of those years

And nothing had the chance to be good

Cause nothing ever could oh yeah

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

I'll keep holding on

Holding, holding, holding

That's all I have today

It's all I have to say

Man Utd 0-3 Man City

_73810063_bbc-eop-2-864ad105-c789-4154-9

Damned lies and statistics. The tale of the tape makes it looks like United were unlucky against City. The noisy neighbours had plenty more gears to see off their opponents if they needed them.

More passes than their opponents, signs of progress.