You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The top four?

We fired Rafa because 'we' thought he would not win us the league. And we accepted mediocrity when we replaced him with Hodgson.

Do keep up.

No, one got fired because of his personality, views, use of club resources, and the other got fired because he was walking dogshit.

Do keep up.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could understand if they said they were going to leave the ground on hold until the market picked up,

but there not pumping money on to the playing side either,

I said when we got Rodgers that he was a cheap option and I still believe that,

I like to know who made the decision to employ Rodgers

They are pumping money somewhere, I've just been on a tour of the 2 new massive bars in the centenary on the weekend, oh and apparently £1 million is getting spent on the Main stand facilities aswell. I think its safe to say that the stadium is either on the back burner or they are full steam ahead on refurb/upgrade.

Guest ShoePiss
Well, I never... interesting.

Plenty more where that came from too mate, I don't want to spoil you rotten though. Maybe another tomorrow.

Guest ShoePiss
Would it be wise to spend big this summer with FFP?

I honestly don't know.

That's irrelevant, we won't spend much because we don't have much. Fuck all to do with working within any constraints of FFP. Although that is in essence what FFP is trying to achieve :)

Would it be wise to spend big this summer with FFP?

I honestly don't know.

Its not stopping the other clubs mate is it.

The only way well will even get a sniff of the CL is if the other teams get banned for breaking FFP rules which will never happen

. Platini will turn a blind eye now PSG have come into money.

Its not stopping the other clubs mate is it.

The only way well will even get a sniff of the CL is if the other teams get banned for breaking FFP rules which will never happen

. Platini will turn a blind eye now PSG have come into money.

It's not stopping some other clubs, but it doesn'tmean they are right - in the long term.

Also I don't necessarily think we need to spend big to improve.

About time LFC starting buying clever, rather than big.

They are pumping money somewhere, I've just been on a tour of the 2 new massive bars in the centenary on the weekend, oh and apparently £1 million is getting spent on the Main stand facilities aswell. I think its safe to say that the stadium is either on the back burner or they are full steam ahead on refurb/upgrade.

The money you say they are "pumping" is into corporate facilities,

"fattening the pig I think it's called,

they've been over "60 days" closer to 20 months and they still haven't made a decision on whether were building a stadium or doing a refurb

Guest ShoePiss
Come on, you know I'm not talking about those with a few genuine 'concerns'.

No idea on the plan. I suspect that's the honest position of everybody on here. Even those 'in the know' won't know what the plan is 'til later on in the window. I think things will be left late.

There's likely an emphasis on getting players on massive wages but offer nothing out of the club. I'd do the same if I were the owner.

That is something I hoped wouldn't happen, it has to be much better to have new signings in earlier. Being able to take part in pre season training is quite important, especially when the rest of the team are also getting to grips with a new management team.

It's not stopping some other clubs, but it doesn'tmean they are right - in the long term.

Also I don't necessarily think we need to spend big to improve.

About time LFC starting buying clever, rather than big.

There ain't no such thing thesedays, I fear, LFD.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
That is something I hoped wouldn't happen, it has to be much better to have new signings in earlier. Being able to take part in pre season training is quite important, especially when the rest of the team are also getting to grips with a new management team.

Yeah, I hate it. Been saying for about 10 seasons now. It's a funny window, though. World cup and olympics, new manager (with players likely to leave), and the American tour. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

I'm happy with Borini, I'd be happy with Allen. I'd guess the rest is dependant on who goes out.

Oh and another thing im less worried about who they might spend money on, and more worried about the few class players we have left leaving.

If come september 1st we have Skrtel, Agger and Suarez at the club i will be happy.

The money you say they are "pumping" is into corporate facilities,

"fattening the pig I think it's called,

they've been over "60 days" closer to 20 months and they still haven't made a decision on whether were building a stadium or doing a refurb

I think with the money they are spending it's clear were not moving anywhere

where was these, arab billionares, when the club was on it.s knee.s im not saying the owners are perfect far from it i belive they will sell the club in 3 years. we might then get our billionare saviours a long time before we contest a tittle again. where just along for the ride now.

Guest davelfc
The third got sacked because if stayed another year, and had a more successful go of it, then they'd never be able to sack him.

In one!

In many ways, I think this thread typifies what has gone wrong with us as supporters. The fact that people feel the need to go to extremes. Either they're the devils or our saviours. It seems to be the case with everything now from players to managers and obviously with FSG.

As somebody on the thread has said, people were saying under Hicks and Gillett that they they'd be happy with just spending what we earned. Well, this is what we're doing now. It's why we've signed the sponsorship deal with Warrior, got LeBron James in as some glorified cheerleader and decided to go ahead with erecting that big fuck off embarrassing hospitality tent. A lot of things I'm not happy about and really make me cringe, but unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast and has been the case since football sold it's soul at the formation of the Premier League.

I'd be lying if I said I was 100% happy with everything they've done because I certainly have a couple of reservations about them, but turning the club into title challengers without the aid of some bottomless pit of cash is monumental and virtually impossible. People trot out the line 'they haven't spent their own money' but who does? Those clubs are in the minority. Chelsea, City and any other club on the continent owned by Arabs. That's pretty much it.

Like I said, it's natural to have reservations and I really don't think they've helped themselves at times, but it's way too early yet to make cast iron judgements on them at this moment in time, in my opinion.