You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top professional. Hugely hard working and scored some important goals for us. I'm just glad he got his trophy win before he left. However, I think the time is right for him to move on. Best of luck to him.

I wish him all the best but I have to say that this is a positive step for us, in my opinion. I said earlier today in another thread that he would struggle to adapt to a slick passing game so I think it's for the best. I said to a mate on the phone the other day that his days would be numbered but didn't expect it to be this quick!

I'll never foget some of the important goals he scored for us.

A fantastic signing, taking into account the size of the fee and what he contributed.

If he could produce his best more consistently he could have been one of our greatest ever players, but I think the Carling cup final goal sums him up the best, A terrible miss hit shot followed up by a brilliant goal!

Good luck Dirk YNWA

I wish him all the best but I have to say that this is a positive step for us, in my opinion. I said earlier today in another thread that he would struggle to adapt to a slick passing game so I think it's for the best. I said to a mate on the phone the other day that his days would be numbered but didn't expect it to be this quick!

I'll never foget some of the important goals he scored for us.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. When our football was the most fluid and productive in Kenny's first six months, Kuyt was flourishing. While his first touch is erratic, his intelligence and movement were central to how well we were playing and I'm still to see anyone at the club link up as well with Suarez.

Guest San Don
Being so soon would this deal of been authorized by Rodgers or is it possibly a case of being inevitable as its in kuyts hands.

It would have to be cleared by Rodgers as he's still in (or was!) contract.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. When our football was the most fluid and productive in Kenny's first six months, Kuyt was flourishing. While his first touch is erratic, his intelligence and movement were central to how well we were playing and I'm still to see anyone at the club link up as well with Suarez.

He did link up well with Suarez in those six months but as with Dirk's overall career with us, to me it was a good run of form that was the exception rather than the rule. I'm not interested in getting into it in any great detail though because I wouldn't want to be seen as sticking the knife in on the day he's left. I was never a big fan of his but I wish hm well.

Being so soon would this deal of been authorized by Rodgers or is it possibly a case of being inevitable as its in kuyts hands.

Rodgers will have definitely had a say because after Kenny was sacked, Dirk said he'd like to stay. I assume that he'll have negotiated a deal quite some time ago in case he wasn't really considered as a starter again next season. It seems to me as though Rodgers has confirmed that, hence the deal being announced now.

Comments about his ability to contribute to a slick passing game are valid; however much of Rodgers' football is based on pressing hard high up the pitch, something which was a hallmark of Dirk's game. He wasn't getting any younger though and given his reduced opportunities last season I can see why he wanted a move.

On balance, probably the right time for him and for the club. He's been a good servant and goes with my best wishes.

He did link up well with Suarez in those six months but as with Dirk's overall career with us, to me it was a good run of form that was the exception rather than the rule. I'm not interested in getting into it in any great detail though because I wouldn't want to be seen as sticking the knife in on the day he's left. I was never a big fan of his but I wish hm well.

I don't know, a debate where 45% says he is shit and 55% say that they love him sounds as fitting a tribute to his time here as there could be.

3 minutes from thread opening post until signed and confirmed officially got to be some kind of record.

Wish him all the best! Smart player limited by his technique, but he always ran his socks off and played with his heart outside the shirt. His hair is worth 1m alone.

Not one of the greatest players we've ever had but could do the business when it mattered and I for one am sad to see him go but wish him all the best.

I have three great memories of Dirk. The goal at Wembley v Cardiff, The winning peno v Chelsea in the European Cup and his winner against the Mancs in the Cup. If I had to pick one, it would be the winner against the Mancs. I was 7 rows up from where he ran to and it was pandemonium! Especially after they'd dominated the game and it was the lying turds slip that let him in from the big man's flick on.

Good luck in Turkey, Dirk. YNWA

£1m?

1 million fucking pounds?

I know it has nothing to do with anybody at the club today but Purslow, I hope you choke on Roy Hodgsons cock you cunt.

WRT Kuyt. Thanks for the memories. Did a lot for us and played his heart out. Had his qualities and his limitations. He was too often a starter for us over the years and, though a useful option, our inability to find an alternative left us very limited and was indicative of our shortcomings as a whole.

Im sure we'll hear a goodbye message from him to the fans. Great guy and I hope he has a successful future at his new club.

1m is fine, not sure what people were expecting for someone supposedly on 80k a week and who will be 32 before they play another game. Great signing for us, wish him well.

Add on the fact he only has 12 months left on his contract as well.

Good luck Dirk for the future.

Guest the boy

I have three great memories of Dirk. The goal at Wembley v Cardiff, The winning peno v Chelsea in the European Cup and his winner against the Mancs in the Cup. If I had to pick one, it would be the winner against the Mancs. I was 7 rows up from where he ran to and it was pandemonium! Especially after they'd dominated the game and it was the lying turds slip that let him in from the big man's flick on.

3? How often have you watched us over the last 6 seasons?

I'll remember Kuyt by his immense contribution to one of the golden periods of the club's history in Europe. His winner against City will live long in the memory too.