You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top professional. Hugely hard working and scored some important goals for us. I'm just glad he got his trophy win before he left. However, I think the time is right for him to move on. Best of luck to him.

This.

I have to say though, £1M !!!!!

We always seem to overpay to buy and undersell just to get rid. You just know that if we were signing Dirk now we would pay 6 to 7 million.

Hopefully this deal was under the old regime and the new structure will address this.

3? How often have you watched us over the last 6 seasons?

I'll remember Kuyt by his immense contribution to one of the golden periods of the club's history in Europe. His winner against City will live long in the memory too.

I've been watching Liverpool since I could understand what football was.

I saw Dirk make his debut coming off the bench vs West Ham. Picking up the ball in there half striding forward and smashing one just the wrong side of the post. I saw him play all the way through the European Cup campaign of 06/07 including the final. I saw most of his home games in the league that season. Over the years circumstances have changed and I haven't been able to go as often as I would've liked.

I'm no superfan by any means but I have seen a lot of Dirk and for me personally, those moments I mentioned are my stand out memories of Dirk Kuyt.

I've been watching Liverpool since I could understand what football was.

I saw Dirk make his debut coming off the bench vs West Ham. Picking up the ball in there half striding forward and smashing one just the wrong side of the post. I saw him play all the way through the European Cup campaign of 06/07 including the final. I saw most of his home games in the league that season. Over the years circumstances have changed and I haven't been able to go as often as I would've liked.

I'm no superfan by any means but I have seen a lot of Dirk and for me personally, those moments I mentioned are my stand out memories of Dirk Kuyt.

Was at that game myself, there were Feyenoord fans dotted all over the ground that day, who had come over just to see his debut.

You just knew minutes after he came on the desire and graft he brought to the team. Endless energy and character in the bucketloads.

Love the guy, hope he has great success at Fenerbahce.

He was a player who never let us down with his important goals and he was an important players the year we should have won the title under Rafa...

I believe he only got away with being a decent wide man for us because we had such a devastating spine at one point and a prolific striker. His decline has mirrored the teams in my opinion.

I fully expect us to have identified a winger to come in and do a job for us as we desperately need to stop playing Henderson there. I wonder if Adam Johnson will be that man as his lack of games have surely cost him his place to Downing this summer in the Euro's...

its £4m off the payroll and thats what matters right now

He is a grafter but not a slick passer and hopefully that is what BR is looking to bring back.

I know £1m seems low but he is 32. This transfer is only going thru as Dirk will have taken the deal. Shifting anyone of 80k a week at 30 plus with 1 year on contract and getting a fee is good going, esp if he does not fit into plans

We wont get £1m for Joe Cole or Maxi

If some of our more skillful players had shown his effort and great attitude towards hard work we would have won the league by now.

Probably a good move for all concerned, Dirk gets one last big contract and a big signing on fee and we lose a player who is on high wages and is a little past his best

Best of luck to him

It's his time. We've had six good years out of him. Some top performances, some stinkers but always an attitude to the cause that I wish a few more of our players had. He was obviously a good bloke and whilst I often came out of the ground with clumps of skin in my hands because he used to frustrate me so much, I'll miss him.

Not that it's a big shock though. It's been coming since Kenny took over and his form has been on the way down ever since. You get the feeling that he needs to play every week to maintain any level of form and sharpness. He's not been getting that and I just didn't see how he was going to fit in under Rodgers and he's not going to is the simple answer.

Good luck to him, a tonne of great memories and I desperately hope we draw Fenerbache in Europe somewhere down the line for him to return to Anfield.

I've always had a soft spot for Dirk, but his rather terrible season combined with his total lack of class after Kenny got the boot changed my view of him. Glad to see him gone, thanks for the good matches, although we all know his shite matches were far more common.

Bye, Dirk, enjoy your last payday.

I've always had a soft spot for Dirk, but his rather terrible season combined with his total lack of class after Kenny got the boot changed my view of him. Glad to see him gone, thanks for the good matches, although we all know his shite matches were far more common.

Bye, Dirk, enjoy your last payday.

You total classless cunt.