You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

Remains to be seen if this is just a cheerleaders job to keep the masses happy or if it's an actual attempt to bring some football expertise on to the board. Is it a non-exec role? If so, it would be interesting to understand the remit as it could easily be a nothing job.

Non-exec Director.

Non-execs attend, by invite, ( which would normally be every time), and will be able to comment, but not vote, on agenda items.

It is great to have someone with LFC at heart around the Boardroom table and add experience which is currently sorely lacking.

• 3 weeks later...

Non-exec Director.

Non-execs attend, by invite, ( which would normally be every time), and will be able to comment, but not vote, on agenda items.

It is great to have someone with LFC at heart around the Boardroom table and add experience which is currently sorely lacking.

You've been advocating this role for him since he left in fairness Xerxes.  It's defo given me a boost knowing he's back.  

• 2 years later...

I'm gutted we lost the final but I don't think now is the time to have a go at them. Hodgson was terrible and he was kicked out sharpish. Rodgers had a good season but couldn't overcome his inexperience and build us up. He got three full seasons to show us what he could do, but once it was clear it wasn't going in the right direction another change was made.

FSG acted swiftly and brought Klopp in, persuading him to end his sabbatical prematurely. This has been a weird season as Klopp hasn't signed his own players yet, nor has he had a preseason. With that said he took us to two cup finals and most reds are made up with him. 

On the stadium progress has been made and we will see the benefit of that beginning next season. It could be increased even further, but it took a lot of work to get it this far, with all the issues with the council and the tenants. On the commercial side the club is growing too. 

FSG are not sugar daddies. They are growing the club and we are living to our means. On the footballing side they back the manager too - not wildly, but they do provide backing. The main obstacle is getting the right football man at the helm to spend the money wisely and build a team. FSG brought Klopp in. Let's see what happens. 

There might be better owners out there, but I can say with 100% certainty there are a lot worse. FSG are not perfect, but I think having a go at them having lost a final is a bit wide of the mark. Obviously if John Henry would have headed it to the Sevilla player and then missed the tackle to let them equalize, then fine, have a pop. But for me, FSG are OK. We're at the start of trying to build something up again with a new manager and an improved stadium. It's going in the right direction. 

• Upvote 4

I'm not getting the FSG hate either.

People are angry and they're easy to lash out at now that there's no Rodgers and Klopp is still in people's good books.

They're not ideal. They could've spent more. The attempts to put up ticket prices was a shitty trick too.

But, they're building us a nice, new, big stand. They've showed assertiveness in jibbing Rodgers and securing us a top manager.

They need to give Klopp free reign in the transfer market though. We finished 8th this season. That was down to injuries and treating the league as a lower priority since about March onwards. And a change of manager.

But, it's also partly down to a flawed transfer policy. Of buying players who've done okay at lesser clubs. Players with no winning mentality but good stats on a spreadsheet. That's why we have a team of bottlers still.

And, Gotze aside, who I think we might struggle to attract now anyway, I'm thinking we could be making the same mistakes again. Karius and Zielinski look decent. But, we've already got decent players. Who we bought from the English versions of Mainz and Empoli.

These might be Klopp's picks. Who knows? We might not even sign them. But, we need to be aiming higher. We need to bring in real top quality players now. Not potential stars.

I'm not getting the FSG hate either.

People are angry and they're easy to lash out at now that there's no Rodgers and Klopp is still in people's good books.

They're not ideal. They could've spent more. The attempts to put up ticket prices was a shitty trick too.

But, they're building us a nice, new, big stand. They've showed assertiveness in jibbing Rodgers and securing us a top manager.

They need to give Klopp free reign in the transfer market though. We finished 8th this season. That was down to injuries and treating the league as a lower priority since about March onwards. And a change of manager.

But, it's also partly down to a flawed transfer policy. Of buying players who've done okay at lesser clubs. Players with no winning mentality but good stats on a spreadsheet. That's why we have a team of bottlers still.

And, Gotze aside, who I think we might struggle to attract now anyway, I'm thinking we could be making the same mistakes again. Karius and Zielinski look decent. But, we've already got decent players. Who we bought from the English versions of Mainz and Empoli.

These might be Klopp's picks. Who knows? We might not even sign them. But, we need to be aiming higher. We need to bring in real top quality players now. Not potential stars.

There's nothing really wrong with our transfer policy. Buying talented young players on the cusp of stardom is what Atletico, Dortmund, Sevilla and Leicester do. You look at their signings since like 2010, and those clubs have barely signed a single player you could consider proven or top class.

The difference between us and them is that at those clubs there is a great chemistry between the manager and transfer people. Players they sign rarely flop because managers know how to use them.

You look at a guy like Aspas who has 18 goals this season. He's clearly not a bad player but he didn't even score a Premier League goal for us because Rodgers didn't use him correctly and chances are he never wanted him in the first place.

Klopp has said it time and again that he likes the transfer committee system and that the players we signed will be approved by himself. Karius and Zielinski are both talented and will probably thrive here because Klopp won't just toss them by the wayside like many of our past failed signings.

It's also one thing to say we should sign top players, and another thing entirely to actually get them to join. Not to mention you now have to pay at least 45mill to get a proven top player these days.

• Upvote 1

Are you suggesting that Leicester's success is based on a similar (to ours) transfer policy? I disagree, the majority of Leicester's transfers would have been rejected from our committee due to the weird age restrictions we have self-imposed.

FSG announced a global search for the appointment of a World Class CEO, and then appointed Ian Ayre. That appointment more than any other, more than the transfer policy, sums up their ambition and aim.

Worra tit he is!

I'd rather the cameraman looked for fit birds instead.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt and thinking he just dropped his hotdog. In dog shit. That can be the only explanation.

Failing that then its Redcafe goldust for years to come