You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bit of a contradiction there. They've a superior gk, wide players, forwards and central midfield when Gerrard doesn't show up (happens often these days).

Stop talking shite.

We have a better keeper, a better defense and a better midfield, with a goalscorer like they have we would be comfortably in 3rd now.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not 2009 any more. Teams aren't parking the bus. They're coming out and playing better football in most cases.

Ba and Cisse have been class for years in Germany. Ben Arfa has always been talented but a bit of a headcase. Downing's just been average if we're honest.

I'd argue that Ba being not far off his Bundesliga goal return in English football but in less than half the games shows something different.

Cisse scored goals for Freiburg but doesn't mean anything different to what I'm actually saying here.

I didn't state that teams do park the bus against but if you can't see a differing set up by sides against us than they do against Newcastle than that's your blind spot because they just do. No, they don't treat us like Man Utd or whatever but that doesn't mean much.

Not many sides have played better football than us this season and to state otherwise is a massive fallacy. If we'd have had half a decent goal scorer for most of the season we'd be in the same ball park as they are points wise.

I ain't one to overally use them but look at efforts at goal in most of our games compared to something like Newcastles today. 5 shots, 3 on target and 2 goals. We can't get anywhere near that conversation rate and that is something we need to improve on but that doesn't mean everything else is an issue with the side.

I'd argue that Ba being not far off his Bundesliga goal return in English football but in less than half the games shows something different.

Cisse scored goals for Freiburg but doesn't mean anything different to what I'm actually saying here.

I didn't state that teams do park the bus against but if you can't see a differing set up by sides against us than they do against Newcastle than that's your blind spot because they just do. No, they don't treat us like Man Utd or whatever but that doesn't mean much.

Not many sides have played better football than us this season and to state otherwise is a massive fallacy. If we'd have had half a decent goal scorer for most of the season we'd be in the same ball park as they are points wise.

I ain't one to overally use them but look at efforts at goal in most of our games compared to something like Newcastles today. 5 shots, 3 on target and 2 goals. We can't get anywhere near that conversation rate and that is something we need to improve on but that doesn't mean everything else is an issue with the side.

Then why wouldn't you swap forward players?

Since they don't need 12 chances to put the ball in the net. They're clearly going to score more goals.

Then why wouldn't you swap forward players?

Since they don't need 12 chances to put the ball in the net. They're clearly going to score more goals.

Because I ain't in the habit of giving up me best player to add someone(s) that may or may not work here. As I said, I'd rather we added someone(s) to what we already have and improve our lot.

Because I ain't in the habit of giving up me best player to add someone(s) that may or may not work here. As I said, I'd rather we added someone(s) to what we already have and improve our lot.

Unless Suarez improves drastically, he'll never me as much use to us as Cisse or Ba, nevermind both.

No point in a forward that scores a brilliant goal every now and then, with woeful finishing in between.

Unless Suarez improves drastically, he'll never me as much use to us as Cisse or Ba, nevermind both.

No point in a forward that scores a brilliant goal every now and then, with woeful finishing in between.

I'd argue that you are viewing this in a very black and white manner. Suarez record was fairly good until this whole race bollocks. Since then it has badly dropped but that is understandable given how much it must have played on his mind and how indifferent we've been since he's been back in the side.

I'd argue that you are viewing this in a very black and white manner. Suarez record was fairly good until this whole race bollocks. Since then it has badly dropped but that is understandable given how much it must have played on his mind and how indifferent we've been since he's been back in the side.

Even before it, he was missing many easy chances. Since it, his all round game has suffered though.

I still hold out hope that he'll start putting away the easy ones, inbetween his worldies. He's doing the hard stuff after all.

I believe Henry was similar when he first came over. Although he scored a lot from the off, he used to miss many. One day it clicked.

The argument that we are somehow "better" than we are is patently untrue.

Newcastle have bought better than us, and Pardew has managed his resources more effectively.

The problem with "if onlys" is that they didn't happen. We are where we are.

I happen to agree that with the squad that we have we should have done better in the league - but that doesn't mean we are top four material.

The answer to our improvement lies with Kenny,Comolli, Ayre and FSG.

So you would also concur that we're not much better than Blackburn? I mean, you can't say that we're leaps and bounds beyond a side 14 points behind us if one 14 points ahead isn't a significantly better football team.

You are aware that that arguement is utterly ridiculous, don't you?

Performing better than and being better than aren't always the same thing. Newcastle have performed far better than we have done this season but that doesn't mean they are that much better than us. If anything, they've over achieved as much as we have under achieved.

Blackburn have probably achieved exactly what their squad of players deems they will do.

Even before it, he was missing many easy chances. Since it, his all round game has suffered though.

I still hold out hope that he'll start putting away the easy ones, inbetween his worldies. He's doing the hard stuff after all.

I believe Henry was similar when he first came over. Although he scored a lot from the off, he used to miss many. One day it clicked.

Thing is though, he doesn't have a Ba (or Cisse) that will get goals if he doesn't. The pressue is all on that lad to create and score the goals. If there is less pressure on him then hopefully this will improve.

Pity our scouting is shyte.

Pity our purchasing has been shyte.

Never mind the owners.

Money was spent and wasted.

We could have had half of that Newcasle team, for less than Henderson and the known mediocrity Downing cost.

Never mind Carroll.

In the absence of an Arab benefactor, our scouting simply HAS to improve.

There is no other way for this club to hold its own.

Probably more to do with our policy to buy British based players overall than anything. No doubt we were aware of the players but if the manager believes Charlie Adam would be more effective than Cabaye its not the scouts fault.

Pink shirt

oldham-athletic-pink-kit.jpg

Purple shirt

tottenham-hotspur-away-shirt-11-12-1.jpg

Way different, although i have no idea how or what being colour blind hinders your sight to any of the other colours, similar or otherwise. Although purple surely just looks like blue no? Rather than pink?

Way different, although i have no idea how or what being colour blind hinders your sight to any of the other colours, similar or otherwise. Although purple surely just looks like blue no? Rather than pink?

I used to play snooker with a lad who couldn't tell the difference between the green and black. Was good fun, like.