You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton just taken the lead against portsmouth, this game has gone off big time in the last 5-10 mins. Cracking atmosphere.

Apparently Nigel Adkins is a red from Birkenhead, so I guess I'm rooting for him. Am I right in saying Rickie Lambert is also a red?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to play snooker with a lad who couldn't tell the difference between the green and black. Was good fun, like.

The brown & reds, me, when I used to play. Lost count of how many times I've fouled by potting a colour then a brown. Mates never said anything when I was lining the shot up either, bunch of cunts.

Still in the race for fourth? We're not even in the race to finish in the top six.

Let's just try to win today and then hopefully Everton don't.

This^^

Spurs doing their best to fuck things up.

Seeing as we're well out of it, I'm hoping Spurs and Newcastle sneak 3rd & 4th and fuck Arsenal & Chelsea out of the CL for a season. See how they like it!

Small time and schadenfreud (sp?) I know, but I need some comfort!

Would we be third?

Edit: Its besides the point. Im not confident that Kenny or Comolli will buy a Van Persie.

When the point was about in what areas of the park Newcastle are better than us then no it certainly isn't beside the point to name a goalscorer being the difference.

I dunno where we'd be but given we could've dead easily won half a dozen of the game we've drawn this year with better finishing I don't find it that unrealistic that we couldn't be in that position.

So if a manager makes a mistake that is it, is it?

Boss tolerance levels you have.

It's not one mistake though is it? It's one of the worst transfers in the history of the game. Add that to the other signings he's made. You then say, I paraphrase, "if we have a good striker" we'd be fine. Well we could and should have a good striker - £35M should get you one. But we signed Carroll, then Downing, Henderson, Adam et al.

It's not one mistake though is it? It's one of the worst transfers in the history of the game. Add that to the other signings he's made. You then say, I paraphrase, "if we have a good striker" we'd be fine. Well we could and should have a good striker - £35M should get you one. But we signed Carroll, then Downing, Henderson, Adam et al.

Is "one of the worst transfers in the history of the game" suddenly more than "one mistake" now, is it?

I never said we'd be fine because I simply don't believe we'd be so. That is why I didn't say we'd be winning the league with one. I firmly believe that we are a consistent goalscorer away from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle though.

Adam, Henderson and Downing are all decent players who haven't consistently performed as well as they did at their previous clubs, for whatever reason. I don't think any of them would be getting as much shite if we'd bought a better player than Carroll and actually been in the battle for those final two European Cup places.

So if a manager makes a mistake that is it, is it?

Boss tolerance levels you have.

a mistake?

Listen, buying a bad player is one thing. Buying four bad players for ridiculous amounts of money, continually sticking with them, playing a lot of your players in the wrong position, poor tactics, handling the Suarez affair terribly and saying ridiculous things in press conferences and interviews is another.

Dont even know anymore. I love Kenny and sometimes that takes precedence. But this isn't good enough for our club.

Is "one of the worst transfers in the history of the game" suddenly more than "one mistake" now, is it?

I never said we'd be fine because I simply don't believe we'd be so. That is why I didn't say we'd be winning the league with one. I firmly believe that we are a consistent goalscorer away from Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle though.

Adam, Henderson and Downing are all decent players who haven't consistently performed as well as they did at their previous clubs, for whatever reason. I don't think any of them would be getting as much shite if we'd bought a better player than Carroll and actually been in the battle for those final two European Cup places.

No they're not. They're shit. Every one of them. Adam and Downing sometimes have a flash of averageness, but thats it.

For goodness sake. I don't know why I bother with the internet because it always ends in pathetic linguistic games. Look. It's very simple. A mistake could be:

a) forgetting to put two sugars instead of one in a cup of tea

b) signing Andy Carroll

However, the second is quite a lot worse than the first. To suggest that the two are comparable in terms of consequences is a bit silly, no? I then helped you, by going further.. "Add that to the other signings he's made". So it's one horrific mistake after another. It isn't forgetting to put milk in your tea, it's wasting up to £100M of money. It's serious.

Once you make a series of bad mistakes you cannot complain that if only we had a great striker, we'd be dead good. We should have a great striker but we don't and that is Kenny's fault.