You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

If you contemplate the nuance, it's perfectly reasonable. If Suarez said negrito, it cannot be argued that he delivered a racist expression. Adjective needn't automatically become perjorative, however it sounds if given a literal translation into the British zeitgeist that it cannot reasonably be given. The word has been taken and misunderstood, so given that Carlisle is an Englishman well versed in the cultural nuance of the land, eating at a restaurant with "negro" in the title appears to be an act with considerably more racist intent.

After all, it's just the word that we're taking into consideration here, not context.

But we can admonish him for referring to a animal using a term which makes reference to the predominant colour of it's fur though, right?

I hope and pray that they were imposters and wind up merchants. The Telegraph also printed a very unhelpful article yesterday;

We either adopt zero tolerance towards racism in football or we don't. It's as simple as that – Telegraph Blogs

We are taking much damage at the moment.

Wouldn't trust that guy from the Telegraph, his eyes are too close together.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of having "black ex-players" foisting their fucking bullshit, no-nothing, retarded, blinkered, totally missing the point, thick as fucking pig shit so-called "opinions" on me the last couple of days. It's seem to be that if you're black and commenting on this right now, then you're right. The end.

How do radio and TV producers get people for this shit?

"Let's not worry about whether you're an ignorant cunt with no grasp of any of the actual facts, you're A BLACK MAN. If that doesn't make you right, well then I don't know what does! Here, now take this microphone and please dribble as much verbal diarrhoea down your big stupid face as possible for the next 5 minutes. Here's a grand".

Cunts.

It reminds me of teh world cup last summer.

"hey, guys, it's in Africa this World Cup! Let's wheel out Garth Crooks, Robbie Earl and Marcel Desailly to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. They're completely shit at everything in the world, but they're like, you know, kind of African! Here's a grand"

Cunts.

It's telling that John Barnes, who faced REAL on field racism and isn't an obnoxious drunkard, has taken a far more complex and balanced position. Carlisle will privately be shaking his head and tutting about what a sellout he is.

Credit to Ian Wright, too, while I'm at it. I've no doubt that he too took more shit from genuine racists than faux-martyrs like Carlisle and Jason Roberts, and he's not a warped, massively hypocritical drunk like certain others, either.

I'm so fucking sick and tired of having "black ex-players" foisting their fucking bullshit, no-nothing, retarded, blinkered, totally missing the point, thick as fucking pig shit so-called "opinions" on me the last couple of days. It's seem to be that if you're black and commenting on this right now, then you're right. The end.

How do radio and TV producers get people for this shit?

"Let's not worry about whether you're an ignorant cunt with no grasp of any of the actual facts, you're A BLACK MAN. If that doesn't make you right, well then I don't know what does! Here, now take this microphone and please dribble as much verbal diarrhoea down your big stupid face as possible for the next 5 minutes. Here's a grand".

Cunts.

It reminds me of teh world cup last summer.

"hey, guys, it's in Africa this World Cup! Let's wheel out Garth Crooks, Robbie Earl and Marcel Desailly to do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. They're completely shit at everything in the world, but they're like, you know, kind of African! Here's a grand"

Cunts.

Top rant.

Amazing you can't get that interview with evra anywhere online.. It's gone missing after doing the job for united getting the message across that Suarez racially abused evra.

Wait, what? You;re saying canal+ have removed the interview in both video and written form?

If this is true, then the club need to be made aware of it, if they aren't already.

Amazing you can't get that interview with evra anywhere online.. It's gone missing after doing the job for united getting the message across that Suarez racially abused evra.

Also the foriegn interviews are done after the players have had a shower normally.

I've actually thought about a lot of whats gone on is very strange in the sense that a lot of it has seemed so premeditated and organized its almost blatantly obvious its a stitch up.

I think its something that needs to be raised but no one will for fear of being a labeled a crackpot or something.

Kenny has alluded to it but theres only so much he can say without probably being fined up the ying yang. So theres only so much he can do by himself. He needs help to fight this. And no one prominent will stand with him properly.

All the while the Media are hell bent on crushing Luis.

Redeagle Re That John Terry Article in the Guardian? What astonishes Me most about it is it's from the pen of a Woman & not just any woman but a half-decent (or she Used to be) Journalist in Amy Lawrence who should damn well have known better given that she's covered football for years now no less. You'd have thought that Women most of all would be utterly disgusted with the actions of an openly sexist almost certain racist serial cheat like Terry has proven himself to be in recent years; But no - She leaps in the queue right at the front to defend him with All the cliches at the ready & using pen like a sword on behalf of England's Great Captain to slay all unbelievers (Shakes head).

Oh & while I'm on the subject re' Luis? Let me just say that the Sudden (& not at all murky no siree) disappearance of That Canal+ interview along with the removal of the Goal.Com article that spoke more sense than Anything else I've seen on this subject yesterday coupled with the brushing under the carpet of Anything Evra's said to insult Luis (almost certainly racist to) & a whole slew of black ex-footballers including at least one with Obvious former OT connection having been lined up/cued to take pot-shots at Suarez & Anything said in his support by black players or former players (I notice that Glen Johnson & John Barne's remarks have been virtually ignored/brushed under the carpet today & Yesterday - Don't fit The agenda no?); Well let's just say All of that along with the combined attack on us/Luis from the Usual corrupt suspects (The FA themselves, All United fans & media mouthpieces, the LMA, that absolute tw*t Gordon Taylor etc) & Finally the virtual ignorance/deliberate screaming down to drown out the fact that Evra himself has admitted Luis is No Racist?

Well let's just say that all of these recent goings-on have All the hallmarks of a Certain Scotsman based not to far from us who will prob' spend Christmas Day enjoying his whisky a Little To Much if you ask me - Up to & including the composition of the supposedly 'independent' panel (look at the history of Denis Smith for one) & the fact One party was interviewed twice & allowed to view video evidence of the supposed 'incident' whilst preparing whilst the other? Was only interviewed once - Guess which was which? Since then - I've heard tell & read plenty of great play on the fact in recent days that United have said nothing/maintained a supposedly 'Dignified' silence etc on this subject but they haven't; No, not really they haven't - They've just done Their talking in different ways if you ask me & what they Have done/arranged? Like the whole rancid affair absolutely stinks of attempting to ensure the stitchup is maintained & our good name dragged through the mud even If we get off the charge & humiliate the FA in the process by eviscerating their case in open court. Like I said, This whole evil affair? Has His fingerprints All over it..................

Redeagle Re That John Terry Article in the Guardian? What astonishes Me most about it is it's from the pen of a Woman & not just any woman but a half-decent (or she Used to be) Journalist in Amy Lawrence who should damn well have known better given that she's covered football for years now no less. You'd have thought that Women in general most of all would be utterly disgusted with the actions of an openly sexist almost certain racist serial cheat like Terry but no - She leaps in the queue right at the front to defend him with All the cliches at the ready & using pen like a sword on behalf of England's Great Captain to slay all unbelievers (Shakes head).

Oh & while I'm on the subject re' Luis? Let me just say that the Sudden (& not at all murky no siree) disappearance of That Canal+ interview along with the removal of the Goal.Com article that spoke more sense than Anything else I've seen on this subject yesterday coupled with the brushing under the carpet of Anything Evra's said to insult Luis (almost certainly racist to) & a whole slew of black ex-footballers including at least one with Obvious former OT connection having been lined up/cued to take pot-shots at Suarez & Anything said in his support by black players or former players (I notice that Glen Johnson & John Barne's remarks have been virtually ignored/brushed under the carpet today & Yesterday - Don't fit The agenda no?); Well let's just say All of that along with the combined attack on us/Luis from the Usual corrupt suspects (The FA themselves, All United fans & media mouthpieces, the LMA, that absolute tw*t Gordon Taylor etc) & Finally the virtual ignorance/deliberate screaming down to drown out the fact that Evra himself has admitted Luis is No Racist?

Well let's just say that all of these recent goings-on have All the hallmarks of a Certain Scotsman based not to far from us who will prob' spend Christmas Day enjoying his whisky a Little To Much if you ask me. I've heard tell & great play on the fact in recent days that United have said nothing/maintained a supposedly 'Dignified' silence etc on this subject but they haven't; No, not really they haven't - They've just done Their talking in different ways if you ask me & what they Have done/arranged? Like the whole rancid affair absolutely stinks of attempting to ensure the stitchup is maintained & our good name dragged through the mud even If we get off the charge & humiliate the FA in the process by eviscerating their case in open court. Like I said, This whole evil affair? Has His fingerprints All over it..................

Really good post that mate. The silence from Utd is deafening, but why do they need to say anything at all when there are people queuing up to take pot shots in their name...

I just posted this in another thread... The more you see things like this, the more and more it does my head in that we are even in this position of having to defend Luis, ourselves and our club....

negro.jpg

Really good post that mate. The silence from Utd is deafening, but why do they need to say anything at all when there are people queuing up to take pot shots in their name...

I just posted this in another thread... The more you see things like this, the more and more it does my head in that we are even in this position of having to defend Luis, ourselves and our club....

negro.jpg

Why did they have that flag?

Why did they have that flag?

The Argentine team paid tribute to Fernando Caceres, former footballer who is fighting for his life after receiving a bullet wound when criminals attempted to steal his car. The players unfurled a blue and white banner that read “Fuerza Negro”.

The flag has the signature of all players in the national team and it will be given to Caceres.

In recent days, apart from damage from the shot in the eye, a drug-resistant germ was found inside Fernando Caceres´head. Doctors at the hospital in Ciudadela believe that the germ could have entered through a catheter or the bullet itself. The bullet remains lodged in his brain and his ear is in danger. “We are expecting a miracle,” has expressed Ramon Caceres.

On the other hand, three teenagers involved in the attack on Caceres. ‘Toto’ (16), ‘Chanchi’ (17) and “Cuqui” (17) ‘are accused of being co-authors of the crime and attempted robbery and have been arrested.

Just watching that Football's Greatest on Sky Sports 4. It's about Eusebio. They were interviewing a former Benfica player about when Eusebio first came to Benfica from Mozambique.

They were talking about when Pele was talking to this former player about Eusebio after he just broke into the first team. The voice over translation said something along the lines of Pele said to this bloke "who is that black player, he's going to be a world star". The bloke speaking clearly said negrito though, to refer to Eusebio.

So, I'm confused, has this Benfica player been racist to Eusebio, the greatest player to ever play for Benfica (if you discount Freddy Adu)? Has Pele been racist calling Eusebio negrito? Or is it maybe a further example that the word negrito has no real racist connotations in the latin American world and is a word used in common parlance that has been so used for many, many moons?

Edited by Nelly-Torres

The Argentine team paid tribute to Fernando Caceres, former footballer who is fighting for his life after receiving a bullet wound when criminals attempted to steal his car. The players unfurled a blue and white banner that read “Fuerza Negro”.

The flag has the signature of all players in the national team and it will be given to Caceres.

In recent days, apart from damage from the shot in the eye, a drug-resistant germ was found inside Fernando Caceres´head. Doctors at the hospital in Ciudadela believe that the germ could have entered through a catheter or the bullet itself. The bullet remains lodged in his brain and his ear is in danger. “We are expecting a miracle,” has expressed Ramon Caceres.

On the other hand, three teenagers involved in the attack on Caceres. ‘Toto’ (16), ‘Chanchi’ (17) and “Cuqui” (17) ‘are accused of being co-authors of the crime and attempted robbery and have been arrested.

Have you a link to the picture? I'm on an iPad and can't copy the picture or gt it's properties.

iPad's are shit btw.

I`d just like to say that Clarke Carlisle has rubbed me up the wrong way for a good while now.

It seems to me that he sees himself as some pseudo intellectual philosopher, as he`s always seems to be pontificating about something or other these days, even blagging a spot on question time.

Well here`s news for you clarke, you`re not the Confucius type sage you obviously thing you are, you`re just another media whore rent a quote who`s getting exposure that far exceeds your talents. So kindly go and fuck yourself. Bellend!

Any chance we could get the lads wearing t shirts with a picture of that Negrito drink on them before the next home game?

Or even have them drinking the stuff before the game and leave the cartons lying around the place?

Or maybe have them in the pressbox?

This whole thing is so ridiculous, we need to start being silly!

I`d just like to say that Clarke Carlisle has rubbed me up the wrong way for a good while now.

It seems to me that he sees himself as some pseudo intellectual philosopher, as he`s always seems to be pontificating about something or other these days, even blagging a spot on question time.

Well here`s news for you clarke, you`re not the Confucius type sage you obviously thing you are, you`re just another media whore rent a quote who`s getting exposure that far exceeds your talents. So kindly go and fuck yourself. Bellend!

Carlisle is not great thinker. Indeed, his time in he spotlight is based on condescension ~ the perception, imagined or real, that he is "Britain's brainiest footballer". You know, the belief that he is intelligent for someone who kicks a ball around, so give him a pat on the head and a strawberry lollipop.

Frankly, I feel John Barnes was much more measured and reasoned in his assessment of the situation, he displayed an ability to be flexible of mind and as a result sounded closer to an intellectual than Carlisle, who just plays one on TV.

If anyone could set up a debate, I'd gladly expose Carlisle for the intellectual skinflint that he is.

Edited by TheDrowningMan