You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

10 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

Grim, hadn’t realised at the time Everton were only above us on goal difference. I’m pretty sure they were laughing at the thought of us being relegated 

I remember there were Liverpool relegation party pages popping up on Facebook around that time, populated by mancs and bs mainly. Grim times. Thank fuck he was fucked off

Its overstated how our situation was when Hogson got sacked, we were 12th with two games in hand, or basically 7th or 8th.

Benitez finished in 7th the season before, and he had players like Mascherano, Benayoun, Rieira, Babel etc to pick from.  Hodgson got Meireles in, but obviously did not know how to use him. 

• Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, Code said:

Its overstated how our situation was when Hogson got sacked, we were 12th with two games in hand, or basically 7th or 8th.

Benitez finished in 7th the season before, and he had players like Mascherano, Benayoun, Rieira, Babel etc to pick from.  Hodgson got Meireles in, but obviously did not know how to use him. 

Hodgson didn't know how to use anyone, because he's shite.

He also got Konchesky, Cole and Poulsen in because he's shite.

Benitez gets a bit of credit because of the whole "competing for trophies and winning a few" thing.  Hodgson gets no credit because he's shite.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Code said:

Risible

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Since we were promoted back to the top flight in the early Sixties, we have never finished lower than 8th. Hodgson definitely would have broken that.

Because he's shite.

For a long time it was 5th our lowest position and always qualified for Europe I think? 

Hodgson would of said mid table would of been a successful season. 

19 minutes ago, Code said:

As always Im dealing with facts, people should just learn from it and get on with it.

C'mon Code. "Dealing with facts" but assuming that Hodgson had us winning those two games in hand? So more like 'dealing with facts and assumptions, so not entirely facts."

Are you being deliberately contrary? Hodgson was a fucking disaster.

28 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

C'mon Code. "Dealing with facts" but assuming that Hodgson had us winning those two games in hand? So more like 'dealing with facts and assumptions, so not entirely facts."

Are you being deliberately contrary? Hodgson was a fucking disaster.

Not at all, I said the exact same thing back then. I said from day 1 when the Hodgson talk started he would be a disaster for us.  But why make up stuff that are not true, weird stuff. 

I cant remember now who those two games were against, but one of them were at home and our home record was as good as anyones apart from the mancs.

Why do people feel the need to make it sound like we were in danger of relegation, when its basically total bollocks? We were shite, but we would have finished between 6th and 9th.

D9107F86-A1E8-4F64-90C7-626A7153D15F.jpeg

94CC361E-BFA8-4FC4-BD64-EF7B12048114.jpeg

10 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ha ha! It's like he's never been away

I never wanted him gone in the first place despite him being a massive wind-up merchant but yesterday on the solo artists thread I could have decapitated him with a watermelon. Cheeky bunch of bastards.