You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Liverpool fan David Price has been banned from playing Reds' anthem 'You'll Never Walk Alone' as walk-on music ahead of his clash with Jakov Gospic at Everton's Goodison Park.

The British heavyweight will be representing the red half of the city on the undercard of Everton fan Tony Bellew's world cruiserweight title shot against Ilunga Makabu on Sunday.

Price, who has not fought since last Sunday, admitted he was surprised at not being allowed to play the iconic Gerry & The Pacemakers song used by Liverpool among other football teams at the home of their greatest rivals  - although he hinted at some sort of tribute to his beloved club. 

Everton fan Tony Bellew will take on Ilunga Makabu for shot at the world cruiserweight title on Sunday

Price has mischievously hinted that he will pay tribute to his beloved club in some way

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: 'We've been having arguments about it over the past few weeks. One of Everton's press officers has contacted Eddie Hearn and said, 'He can't come in to that song!' I laughed it off but I didn't know he was serious! 

'If it is an issue, then it won't be a problem for me. It's just a ring entrance song. I'll treat it like an away game - the team don't play it at away games.

'I'll wear my colours, I'll be in red. But I'll subtly get something in for the Liverpool fans'

Price has urged Liverpool and Everton fans to come together in support of both Merseyside fighters

Price has urged fans from both Merseyside clubs to come together at the weekend in support of him and Bellew. 

He said: 'For Bellew's sake, I hope so. He's fighting for the world title and, in my experience, he's not a bitter Evertonian! He's pretty reasonable, as far as Evertonians go! I'd like to see the crowd give Tony every opportunity.

'I always get well-wishes from Everton fans. Some tell me, 'We come to your fights but hate your entrance music!' But even though I'm a Red they want me to win'

They seem to think it's Simeone or Emery for them over at GOT. Also David Dein for a boardroom role as he's matey with this Moshi cat.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/next-manager-discussion-poll-reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-1687

The fume over at Mordor would be bad enough with Emery, it would be off the scale with Simeone. Can we dream?

Why would we fume if they got Emery?

So you've been in two champions league finals in three years and won La Liga by defeating the two biggest football clubs in the world. How about joining a perennial mid table club in England with an inferiority complex towards their neighbours and a penchant for bottling every meaningful game they play?

Let's forget the likes of Griezmann, Godin and Koke for a second and delve into the possibilities that lie ahead. I'm going to say a few names, what comes into your head when i say Tim Howard?...... Arouna Kone?........ here's one for you Oumar Niasse?

Diego?!!!

So you've been in two champions league finals in three years and won La Liga by defeating the two biggest football clubs in the world. How about joining a perennial mid table club in England with an inferiority complex towards their neighbours and a penchant for bottling every meaningful game they play?

Let's forget the likes of Griezmann, Godin and Koke for a second and delve into the possibilities that lie ahead. I'm going to say a few names, what comes into your head when i say Tim Howard?...... Arouna Kone?........ here's one for you Oumar Niasse?

Diego?!!!

In all honesty, if he's offered an open cheque, why wouldn't he come? Money talks in football. The thing is, I don't believe for a minute he will be offered an open cheque. Then what they have to offer, is being the first club with escalators.

In all honesty, if he's offered an open cheque, why wouldn't he come? Money talks in football. The thing is, I don't believe for a minute he will be offered an open cheque. Then what they have to offer, is being the first club with escalators.

Hasn't he already been offered an open cheque by other clubs in the last couple of years?

• Upvote 1

I don't think I've ever met an Evertonian, even when I've been to the city.

Are they as mentally ill as they seem in this thread? It sounds like the biggest case of mass psychosis going.

• Upvote 1

They seem to think it's Simeone or Emery for them over at GOT. Also David Dein for a boardroom role as he's matey with this Moshi cat.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/next-manager-discussion-poll-reset-21-05-2016.83876/page-1687

The fume over at Mordor would be bad enough with Emery, it would be off the scale with Simeone. Can we dream?

Why would we fume if they got Emery?

I would be made up

ad48e46525647c561786e21f9afa32793684cdf3

• Upvote 1

Simeone is like Klopp at Dortmund 3 years ago. There is not a chance he'd go at the moment no matter who came in for him and will probably move on when the time is right.

I don't know enough about him to know if he's ready to move, my point is if he is ready, there's nothing to say their new ownership can't create the environment he'd be willing to work in. My personal instinct is they don't have the money, but if they do, anything is possible.

I'm sure Everton would give him whatever he wanted. But my point is this idea it's impossible for them to recruit him is daft. Of course they can if the project and money are right. Nobody has a clue about the money side right now.

What project could they realistically offer him though? A push for top 4, a run in the Europa Cup, League Cup glory? Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think they're in May City takeover territory when it comes to offering either projects or money.

I don't think I've ever met an Evertonian, even when I've been to the city.

Are they as mentally ill as they seem in this thread? It sounds like the biggest case of mass psychosis going.

And the award for the most ridiculous,sycophantic comment ever posted on another teams forum goes to....

I don't know which city you have been to but even the most rabid kopite would be shocked by that rubbish... 

And the award for the most ridiculous,sycophantic comment ever posted on another teams forum goes to....

I don't know which city you have been to but even the most rabid kopite would be shocked by that rubbish...

I don't think he's that far off the mark, to be fair.

Maybe not mental. But, definitely weird. Like, proper weird.