You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Fingers crossed. I don't actually want them to go bust. I just want them to drop down a few divisions due to pints deductions and stay there on Tranmere's level to piss off all the horrible bitter snide Evertonians while we win more things. 

A lifetime of lower league irrelevance and misery. They are an irrelevance now but somehow still in the top division. 

That'll certainly sober a few of the bitters up.

1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Maybe so, but it’s terrible optics with his abysmal injury record, I honestly don’t see how he isn't going to cop flack. 

He's only really done two major fashion shoots, both in 21/22.  He did one for Arena Homme+ when he was out for four months with a fractured toe (the kind of injury that stops you playing football, but doesn't stop you wearing a skirt).  He did another for GQ when he was fit and playing again.

The worst of his injuries came later; the "optics" are caused by people still circulating those pictures, as if fashion shoots are all he does.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

I never understood how they all go the game, have a small stadium yet still do half season tickets 

I know loads who haven't set foot inside Goodison for years but call Liverpool fans telly clappers. 

I worked out that I've been to Goodison more times that some lad i know who calls us a tourist club and telly clappers. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I also don't understand why they think money is the cure to their woes. The more they spend, they shitter they get.

There's also this!

58 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. They don't seem to get that the extra revenue is pretty insignificant compared to TV money and CL participation, and most of it will be used for a couple of decades to pay for the fucking thing anyway. That's if they even manage to fill up the hospitality suites as well- outside of games against the hated 'Sly 6', I can't imagine there's going to be a big take-up by corporate types to see them play Dycheball against the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth or Fulham. Christ, they'd be lucky to fill the ground for most games if and when the ticket prices inevitably go up.

Yeah. I've no doubt the new stadium will increase their revenue but it won't be transformational, either financially (their match day revenue will go up by a few %, which will then have to offset against increased costs) nor from a prestige sense (the best players in the world don't move to specific fucking stadiums, and despite their wet dreams it won't become a tourist magnet to rival the Great Wall of China). They're moving out of Woodison because, well, it's made of wood, so sooner or later they're going to have to move out. They can't stay there forever.

But as you say, TV money is where it's at. I read somewhere that the last international TV rights deal for the Premier League would mean that all clubs could basically let fans in for free for a couple of years and they'd still have the same TV revenue as they had before the deal. So Everton could build BMD; build it for free - fuck, they could probably build two BMDs for free - and relegation would still swallow their newfound matchday revenue up several times over.

Over to you, Sean...

image.png

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's only really done two major fashion shoots, both in 21/22.  He did one for Arena Homme+ when he was out for four months with a fractured toe (the kind of injury that stops you playing football, but doesn't stop you wearing a skirt).  He did another for GQ when he was fit and playing again.

The worst of his injuries came later; the "optics" are caused by people still circulating those pictures, as if fashion shoots are all he does.

You're forgetting the mentality of your average Evertonian who is permanently angry, irrational and exaggerates everything. 

15 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

You're forgetting the mentality of your average Evertonian who is permanently angry, irrational and exaggerates everything. 

Nah not on this occasion. If your telling me that if Keita, Thiago or Ox was strutting around on fashion shoots during one of their endless injury periods you wouldn’t be calling them I’m saying I don’t believe you.

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Nah not on this occasion. If your telling me that if Keita, Thiago or Ox was strutting around on fashion shoots during one of their endless injury periods you wouldn’t be calling them I’m saying I don’t believe you.

He was "strutting around on fashion shoots" once during an injury absence.

Once.

What if, instead of wearing a skirt for Arena Homme+ he'd worn a trackie for a photoshoot for Four Four Two?  Do you think anyone would give him any grief about needing to concentrate on getting fit?  Do you think anyone would even notice?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He was "strutting around on fashion shoots" once during an injury absence.

Once.

What if, instead of wearing a skirt for Arena Homme+ he'd worn a trackie for a photoshoot for Four Four Two?  Do you think anyone would give him any grief about needing to concentrate on getting fit?  Do you think anyone would even notice?

I do yeah, if somebody with his abysmal injury record was fronting any ad campaigns involving modelling then they would get slaughtered. I don’t think his clobber save for a few qwerty blowhards has anything to do with it, the vast, vast majority couldn’t give a fuck what he wears

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I do yeah, if somebody with his abysmal injury record was fronting any ad campaigns involving modelling then they would get slaughtered. I don’t think his clobber save for a few qwerty blowhards has anything to do with it, the vast, vast majority couldn’t give a fuck what he wears

He didn't have an "abysmal" injury record.  He missed a couple of months of his first season at Everton, then he played 30+ league games a season for four seasons.  Then he did a fashion shoot when he had a broken toe and another when he was fit again.  That's it.  But those photos do the rounds in all his subsequent injuries, as if there's some sort of connection to be made.

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He didn't have an "abysmal" injury record.  He missed a couple of months of his first season at Everton, then he played 30+ league games a season for four seasons.  Then he did a fashion shoot when he had a broken toe and another when he was fit again.  That's it.  But those photos do the rounds in all his subsequent injuries, as if there's some sort of connection to be made.

So he did it when he was injured then, for whatever reason you appear to be all over this, as it’s not a hill I’m arsed about dying on I’ll bow to your clearly superior well researched knowledge, out of interest though this second one when he was “fit again”, how long was he fit for? Weirdly I’m in no doubt you’ll have all the stats.

3 minutes ago, Special K said:

I hope they do go bust. I hope they disappear and have to come back as 'New Everton', or something, with all *checks honours list* 15 trophies disposed of and forgotten about like Rangers. I want to see them in the Zingari League

If Everton went bust I don’t think I’d ever stop partying.

• Haha 1

Any comment on 

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Any negative reference to the subject matter or style of the photoshoots arises from bigotry, taking into account the so-called 'optics' of his cross-dressing. It may be classed as homophobic/Queerphobic, but that's not to say that Calvert-Lewin is LGBTQ+, it's only the negative reactions that are creating that narrative. This aggression and criticism only comes from toxic masculinity of the expectations that men can and should only wear mens' clothing. As AoT has stated before in this thread, players do photoshoots for other magazines and they draw no criticism. It's simple narrow-mindedness.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Chocoholic said:

Any comment on 

Any negative reference to the subject matter or style of the photoshoots arises from bigotry, taking into account the so-called 'optics' of his cross-dressing. It may be classed as homophobic/Queerphobic, but that's not to say that Calvert-Lewin is homosexual, it's only the negative reactions that are creating that narrative. This aggression and criticism only comes from toxic masculinity of the expectations that men can and should only wear mens' clothing. As AoT has stated before in this thread, players do photoshoots for other magazines and they draw no criticism. It's simple narrow-mindedness.

Bigotry, ha, ha ha. Searching for outrage. Nobody gives a fuck what he wears

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Bigotry, ha, ha ha. Searching for outrage. Nobody gives a fuck what he wears

I'm not searching for anything. If the cap fits, wear it, but it's more to comment on Everton fans' reactions and attitudes to Calvert-Lewin, than anyone else. Any comment or opinion from anyone here or any other clubs' fans is irrelevant.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

If it was Keita yeah. Keita seemed to miraculously be fit to play for Guinea in Zimbabwe or the Central african republic but as soon as he gets back to Liverpool he misses 6 weeks because of an innocuous muscle injury or the air con on the plane was too cold. 

I wouldn't be ranting on Liverpool spaces on Twitter saying "our no8 wears knickers and bras lad, Gerrard never did it, souness never did it and Billy Liddell never did it lad". 

I also find it funny the way Evertonians have a hypocritical attitude when they say they aren't arsed about what he wears yet if it was a Liverpool player they would never let you hear the end of it.