You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

For what it's worth, i fucking hate them, most (all) blues I know are cunts, nice enough lads but when it comes to footy...................cunts, they're bitter, obsessive cunts. My dad is a blue, an old style blue, always had time for us, his mask has slipped over recent years though, even he can't hide his hatred these days.

• Upvote 1

Maybe this goes against the grain but I have nothing against Everton. I used to go see them every now and again when we were away and I had no time or hope of going. Loads of my mates are decent blues. My Grandad was.

I hope they get a new stadium and a modicum of success. Why? Because i'm not bitter.

Nothing that trumps us obviously, but an EFC vs MUFC FA cup final I will support Everton every time.

Good luck to them. Proper club not like Chelsea.

kryten-head-bomb-o.gif

I'm out with seven of them tomorrow and I'm the only red.

Well I've had a fucking great day so far!

- Why can't McCarthy and Sissoko play in the same team?

- I feel sorry for Moshi taking over a club in crisis.

- Without Joe Anderson everton are fucked.

- You were still selling season tickets up until yesterday, you need more locals going.

- Rhyl Sun Centre is being demolished, when's the minutes applause/silence?

• Upvote 7

Maybe this goes against the grain but I have nothing against Everton. I used to go see them every now and again when we were away and I had no time or hope of going. Loads of my mates are decent blues. My Grandad was.

I hope they get a new stadium and a modicum of success. Why? Because i'm not bitter.

Nothing that trumps us obviously, but an EFC vs MUFC FA cup final I will support Everton every time.

Good luck to them. Proper club not like Chelsea.

Nice sentiment on the EFC V MUFC cup final.

Shame their players don't share your view as they roll over for their usual UTD bumming.

Well I've had a fucking great day so far!

- Why can't McCarthy and Sissoko play in the same team?

- I feel sorry for Moshi taking over a club in crisis.

- Without Joe Anderson everton are fucked.

- You were still selling season tickets up until yesterday, you need more locals going.

- Rhyl Sun Centre is being demolished, when's the minutes applause/silence?

Seriuosly Rhyl sun centre getting demolished?

I will have to google that.

I understand the equivocal view of Everton - I myself have a love/hate relationship with them.

I loved it when we were both footballing heavyweights, and was at the first all-Merseyside final in 84 when we were all singing "Merseyside".

There's a part of me that really wants them to do well.  And I definitely wanted them to win the Rideout final - I cheered the goal.

But in contrast to that "Merseyside" chanting, I went to the semi a few years ago and heard the "murderers" shouts.  I haven't been to a Goodison derby for a good few years, but the last time I was there it was horrible - as bad as Old Trafford.

And so, what I would say is, whenever you feel that "they're not so bad...", just bring to mind the whole atmosphere and unethical behaviour around that City game a couple of years ago and recognise them for what they are.

• Upvote 5

I understand the equivocal view of Everton - I myself have a love/hate relationship with them.

I loved it when we were both footballing heavyweights, and was at the first all-Merseyside final in 84 when we were all singing "Merseyside".

There's a part of me that really wants them to do well. And I definitely wanted them to win the Rideout final - I cheered the goal.

But in contrast to that "Merseyside" chanting, I went to the semi a few years ago and heard the "murderers" shouts. I haven't been to a Goodison derby for a good few years, but the last time I was there it was horrible - as bad as Old Trafford.

And so, what I would say is, whenever you feel that "they're not so bad...", just bring to mind the whole atmosphere and unethical behaviour around that City game a couple of years ago and recognise them for what they are.

You don't know what you are talking about f318b5e0f3370839298d67d75000d1e6.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Loads of my mates are blues. Some of them can get really bitter but all in all they are sound. I've never really dispised Everton like I do the mancs. But even now that I'm getting older I can't really be arsed to invest that my emotion into into it all anymore. I like the footy and that about it.

I've probably been in Goodison more times than I've been in Anfield as I grew up pretty much behind Goodison and used to bunk into pretty much every game through the big blue gates when I was a kid with my mates - even though I didn't support them. Until i was old enough and allowed by my mum to cross the big road into Stanley park and get into Anfield. Those were the days. I would do my round of 'minding cars' then get to the game.

Walking through Stanley park when you were a kid and a group of lads coming up to you like "who do you support" and not telling you who th support. If you said the wrong team you got the shit kicked out of you. Managed to escape a kicking a few times by saying Everton - haha.

• Upvote 2

There's a part of me that really wants them to do well. And I definitely wanted them to win the Rideout final - I cheered the goal.

But in contrast to that "Merseyside" chanting, I went to the semi a few years ago and heard the "murderers" shouts. I haven't been to a Goodison derby for a good few years, but the last time I was there it was horrible - as bad as Old Trafford.

I think the demographic of people who attend games has changed and their attitudes too. I think that due to the money now involved people take it much more seriously than they used to. Having to fork out say £50 a game or £1000 a season is likely to make it seem like you are buying in to a business rather than pursuing a leisure activity or hobby.

I think the demographic of people who attend games has changed and their attitudes too. I think that due to the money now involved people take it much more seriously than they used to. Having to fork out say £50 a game or £1000 a season is likely to make it seem like you are buying in to a business rather than pursuing a leisure activity or hobby.

aye, but the shite fans mostly go on kids tickets for buttons. 

I totally agree when money is tight and you can have a decent night out for the cost of freezing watching some alehouse team park the bus. Well it brings things into perspective.

When Klopp was the manager of Dortmund in 2014 their average season ticket holder was paying 6 times less to watch them than we are to watch Liverpool now.

It's very easy to call for patience when your fans are paying so little, very difficult to ask for patience when your fans are paying for the finished article. 

If FSG said we will charge a scale depending on where we we finish in the league, so top four and CL we charge what we are paying for now. Which puts us in the top four highest prices anyway. As we finish lower then the tickets scale down. Put their money where their mouths are. 

No good asking for us to accept yet another rebuild but still ask us to pay top four prices, when you know the moment we reach that level the prices will go up again. Like they did during that embarrassing CL campaign under the white toothed coward. 

I totally agree when money is tight and you can have a decent night out for the cost of freezing watching some alehouse team park the bus. Well it brings things into perspective.

When Klopp was the manager of Dortmund in 2014 their average season ticket holder was paying 6 times less to watch them than we are to watch Liverpool now.

It's very easy to call for patience when your fans are paying so little, very difficult to ask for patience when your fans are paying for the finished article. 

If FSG said we will charge a scale depending on where we we finish in the league, so top four and CL we charge what we are paying for now. Which puts us in the top four highest prices anyway. As we finish lower then the tickets scale down. Put their money where their mouths are. 

No good asking for us to accept yet another rebuild but still ask us to pay top four prices, when you know the moment we reach that level the prices will go up again. Like they did during that embarrassing CL campaign under the white toothed coward. 

and don't be worrying too much ,if some of these players turn out to be good enough to take us to top four, FSG will have them on planes to spain before you can say "cash in and buy more shite". I reckon FSG accept we're paying for midtable and we should worship them like Lords the moment the team has 6 good months, because it will all be due to their foresight and brilliance that we are "hitting above our weight". 

• Upvote 1