Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 1587 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

19 minutes ago, dylstar said:

Robbo dodged a bullet there ......

Everton FC "wouldnt back me" - ex-chief tells all over missed transfer coups

Everton’s former director of football has revealed how the Blues “wouldn’t back me” and missed out on a list of top players.

Steve Walsh has revealed all in an interview with that he has lined up a litany of transfer bargains during his time with the Blues, but was overruled on each occasion.

The "guess who I could've signed if I had gotten what I wanted" interview by a former sacked employee of a club. Classic. Feel so bad for ol' Walshy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah the rise in fees means its a no go imo. If Everton went in for a Cahill now Millwall would be asking 20ml knowing that even top 6 championship clubs would pay upwards of 12ml for him. Fees have gone through the roof at every level. 

I reckon it's harder and harder to get those bargains now because stats analysis means nearly nobody is unknown. 

1 hour ago, блядь said:

Can you imagine the scenes at the old wooden shack if they sold Pickford, Richarlson and Digne, or even two of them. Their fans are keeping the champagne on ice, they're rich now ffs. They aren't selling their best players to just keep afloat, especially not England's No.1

The bitters know that players won't want to leave, I mean just showing them the mock ups of BMD is enough to make any player want to stay, just to be part of that amazing transformation. I looked at the mock ups earlier and had to fight the urge to get an Everton tattoo. When BMD is finished they will be able to buy anyone from anybody, even our players will have their heads turned. They will finally be back in the big time, not just competing with the best but beating them all. BMD is the solution to all of their problems. 

And alas that is the problem, they've been fed that shit for years that all they needed to be great again was a new stadium, and after 5 attempts they sit there no closer to actually building one. The commonwealth games was supposed to fund it, but that didn't happen. The council were supposed to then be funding it but even Joe got cold feet when he saw the costs along with where they sit in the league now. Deep in debt to their owner and struggling to balance the books what investors would touch them? 

No sane club would be looking to build a vanity stadium at such costs given where they are financially, no serious owner would be touting it as so. Alarm bells should be ringing in their ears, instead they're being blocked out by air raid sirens and the crinkle of plastic flags. 

It's been a convincing blag for 4 years almost but the backlash will be awful for them once they realise they cant deliver it.

It will be like the final scene in Allo Allo where the Nazi's are planning their escape to Argentina but DBB will be Helga and Moshi will be Herr Flick.

• Upvote 1

Your head will all fall off when Moshri just cancels the debt and Usmanov pays for the new 120,000 seater stadium with the money from the back of his couch and they Slap 250k a week in front of Virg and he leaves 

42 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's been a convincing blag for 4 years almost but the backlash will be awful for them once they realise they cant deliver it.

It will be like the final scene in Allo Allo where the Nazi's are planning their escape to Argentina but DBB will be Helga and Moshi will be Herr Flick.

Herr Flick is now manager/head coach of Bayern Munich, if only on a caretaker basis.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Your head will all fall off when Moshri just cancels the debt and Usmanov pays for the new 120,000 seater stadium with the money from the back of his couch and they Slap 250k a week in front of Virg and he leaves 

Won't bother me, I'll be too busy being balls deep in Katy Perry.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chocoholic said:

For all the 'winner' jibes he got, Moyes had a knack of unearthing some great cheap bargains who played a lot of games for them and became 'legends'. That flag punching tit, Cahill; Jagielka, Baines, and the one for whom the money was spirited away - Arteta. 

Moyes bought Seumas Coleman for £60,000 at a time we were giving Glen Johnson more than that every week.

If we suspend disbelief for a minute and Tom Davies ended up being as good as Gerrard then it's still bad news for Everton because he would be playing elsewhere.

• Upvote 9

I own a blue car, my wife owns a blue car, a fair amount of my clothing is blue. I have blue trainers, a blue phone cover, our hall is painted blue, I write in blue ink, my calculator is blue and I even have a fucking blue credit card.

I used to eat blue Smarties, I still eat blue bon bons, I like refreshers (blue wrapper) and my kids drink blue Gatorade.

My power tools are blue, my bike is blue, the bricks at the bottom of my house are blue and the colour of the bottle of my favourite gin is blue.

Despite all this I still support Liverpool and if anyone was to ask why then my answer is simple.

It’s a fucking colour for fuck’s sake, get over it!

• Upvote 4

My Mrs booked a trip of a lifetime to South Africa. Part of the holiday was travelling on the 5 star Blue Train from Cape Town to Johannesburg. As soon as she told me I threw the tickets at her in disgust and stormed out the house. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

My Mrs booked a trip of a lifetime to South Africa. Part of the holiday was travelling on the 5 star Blue Train from Cape Town to Johannesburg. As soon as she told me I threw the tickets at her in disgust and stormed out the house. 

I can understand why you never burnt them, chance of a red flame.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I own a blue car, my wife owns a blue car, a fair amount of my clothing is blue. I have blue trainers, a blue phone cover, our hall is painted blue, I write in blue ink, my calculator is blue and I even have a fucking blue credit card.

I used to eat blue Smarties, I still eat blue bon bons, I like refreshers (blue wrapper) and my kids drink blue Gatorade.

My power tools are blue, my bike is blue, the bricks at the bottom of my house are blue and the colour of the bottle of my favourite gin is blue.

Despite all this I still support Liverpool and if anyone was to ask why then my answer is simple.

Yo, listen up, here's a story
About a little guy that lives in a blue world
And all day and all night and everything he sees is just blue
Like him inside and outside
Blue his house with a blue little window and a blue Corvette
And everything is blue for him
And himself and everybody around
'Cause he ain't got nobody to listen (To listen, to listen)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Blue nosed cunt

• Upvote 2