You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Here's hoping they do, too.

Gonna need a big old pts deduction for that to happen sadly.

But it is coming - it is just a matter of time.

Firesale of their half decent players in summer, no money to bring in half decent replacements, more pts deductions to come....plus you can only circle the bowl for so long when as badly run as they are on and off the park.

It won't be this season....but it will be soon.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fucking disgraceful, that.  Not even a slap on the wrist.

So there you go.  If you want to cheat persistently, the Premier League are fine with that.  Looks like they are corrupt, after all.

Yup, what a great deterrent Cheat once to keep your league status, 6 points the next season down the line.... Cheat twice... 2 points more once you are already looking safe enough without a big one.

From the BBC

Profit and sustainability rules (PSR) permit clubs to lose £105m over three years and an independent commission found Everton breached that by £16.6m for the three-year period to 2022-23.

They must have given them some serious allowances as the financial accounts were worse for the latest financial year

Feck me the gobshites are appealing the two point deduction!

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

2 points!!! Where's the deterrent? This is the second time too

The annoying thing is at their last one, part of their defence was the trend was heading in the right direction, yet we see now that's untrue. They should be extra punished. 

6 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

So repeat offence gets a much lesser sentence, joke!

That gobshite Keiran Maguire has been banging the drum that because 2 of the 3 years overlap, that even though the default is a 6 point punishment, 4 should be dropped because they've been punished before. Then because forest cooperated and got a 2 point reduction because of that, Everton should get the same. Which would then mean they get a zero deduction. And this is from a supposed football finance expert and a supporter of a club who stands to lose by Everton's cheating. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The annoying thing is at their last one, part of their defence was the trend was heading in the right direction, yet we see now that's untrue. They should be extra punished. 

Sean Dyche this weekend:

“I am not judging anyone, but the story has been out there a long time,” added Dyche. “I am definitely not judging managers because on the pitch is a different thing. But somebody had to, down that timeline, say: ‘Hang on a minute’. Someone. I certainly did. When I first got here, before the first deadline. We were linked with a few players and they were going to have a go and I said: ‘You can’t do that, we haven’t got that money and we are going to need that money more in the summer than we do now’. It was a big risk but we got the first job [staying in the Premier League] done. I have to take the heat along the way but I am not going to change my belief in it.

I think they’ll probably stay up but they’re two fewer points away from the drop zone than they were yesterday, so I’m not giving up hope. 

Particularly when you factor in that their inability to score goals is even worse than our first half appearance yesterday.