You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just listening to The Rest Is Football podcast with Linekar and Shearer talking about Everton's points deduction. They've got Nick Harris on with them who as any Twitter users will know spends a lot of his time calling out Man City for their cheating. Anyway he's been very interesting on Everton and hasn't sugar-coated what they've done at all. You can tell Linekar and Shearer want to give Everton the benefit of the doubt, but Nick Harris is methodically explaining how the PL did their best to help Everton out, but they couldn't stop taking themselves taking the piss.

Well worth a listen:

Apple - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rest-is-football/id1701022490

Spotify - 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

As funny as it is, I really don't want to see this being the end of Everton.

But this has the potential to really snowball and have far reaching consequences. 

1. Further points deduction when the next set of accounts are released

2. Ownership Debacle carrying on

3. Stadium Delays

4. Being sued by other clubs

It's really really really funny, but on the other hand it's the top blues you feel sorry for. I don't know.

I hope they get relegated, I hope it shit for them for a very very long time but they shouldn't be losing their club. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Antynwa said:

As funny as it is, I really don't want to see this being the end of Everton.

But this has the potential to really snowball and have far reaching consequences. 

1. Further points deduction when the next set of accounts are released

2. Ownership Debacle carrying on

3. Stadium Delays

4. Being sued by other clubs

It's really really really funny, but on the other hand it's the top blues you feel sorry for. I don't know.

I hope they get relegated, I hope it shit for them for a very very long time but they shouldn't be losing their club. 

That's what, around 6 people?

I have seen many of you reckon that Everton will not be relegated because there are at least 3 teams which are totally abysmal.

I don’t watch any other PL football than Liverpool so I don’t know.

OK the table at the l moment is telling there are really some dross at the bottom of the league, but ….

…You can never dismiss the psychological consequences of what’s going on right now. That may spur a stronger sense of reliance for the Toffes but it can also put them down. It could also give new hope to the previous bottom four. 

Everton may also have to sell players in January.

So let us see what the table looks like in 6 weeks and we shall have a better insight into Everton’s fate. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Just listening to The Rest Is Football podcast with Linekar and Shearer talking about Everton's points deduction. They've got Nick Harris on with them who as any Twitter users will know spends a lot of his time calling out Man City for their cheating. Anyway he's been very interesting on Everton and hasn't sugar-coated what they've done at all. You can tell Linekar and Shearer want to give Everton the benefit of the doubt, but Nick Harris is methodically explaining how the PL did their best to help Everton out, but they couldn't stop taking themselves taking the piss.

Well worth a listen:

Apple - https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rest-is-football/id1701022490

Spotify - 

An independent inquiry found them guilty despite all the whataboutery with City/Chelsea these fuckers are cheats and 10 points is a slap on the wrist

55 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I have seen many of you reckon that Everton will not be relegated because there are at least 3 teams which are totally abysmal.

OK the table at the l moment is telling there are really some dross at the bottom of the league, but ….

…You can never dismiss the psychological consequences of what’s going on right now. That may spur a stronger sense of reliance for the Toffes but it can also put them down. It could also give new hope to the previous bottom four. 

So let us see what the table looks like in 6 weeks and we shall have a better insight into Everton’s fate. 

Yup, agreed, we do not know how the players and coaching staff are going to react. Can they spend any money in Jan to buy players? A few of the players might already be in touch with their agents too about leaving in Jan.

Their fixtures leading up to Xmas:

United home

Forest away

Newcastle home

Chelsea home

Burnley away

Fulham home

Spurs away

Then they play City on the 27th. If they get 8-10 points from these fixtures, I reckon they will be fine. If they get less than 6 then I think they are fucked.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Yup, agreed, we do not know how the players and coaching staff are going to react. Can they spend any money in Jan to buy players? A few of the players might already be in touch with their agents too about leaving in Jan.

Their fixtures leading up to Xmas:

United home

Forest away

Newcastle home

Chelsea home

Burnley away

Fulham home

Spurs away

Then they play City on the 27th. If they get 8-10 points from these fixtures, I reckon they will be fine. If they get less than 6 then I think they are fucked.

It’s just going to take one of the promoted three to get their act together, even very slightly.  Maybe this Everton thing will give them a boost, maybe a new manager bounce,  but where there’s Everton there is hope/ hopelessness. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

We need Newcastle,Spurs,Arsenal or some Saudi club to offer DCL a way out

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Exactly there is way too much defeatism around here. Believe in the flush. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Reckoner said:

It’s just going to take one of the promoted three to get their act together, even very slightly.  Maybe this Everton thing will give them a boost, maybe a new manager bounce,  but where there’s Everton there is hope/ hopelessness. 

I still think they will be safe, Dyche will rally them around. But this might change if 777 walk away or if they actually get sued or have to sell to balance the books. 

At least 1 or 2 newly promoted clubs have to have a managerial change because they all look bloody useless. 

If, as has been mooted, they appeal, and if the PL have pursued this course of action partially because Everton were taking the piss, then surely the PL will look for a more punitive measure than -10 points?
Is it like making a spurious appeal against a red card, you can end up with a bigger ban than you started off with, or doesn’t it work like that because an independent body made the judgement?

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Unfortunately the 10 point deduction won’t matter a jot, they are completely flush proof. Only one side in PL history has survived the drop from a position of 4 points from 12 games…..Can you guess who?

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Was it the Hans Segers season of survival?

1994/95. They changed manager in November and it was a 42-game season, so they still had 30 matches to turn it around.

They may well still survive this season, but any setbacks (injuries, shit results against relegation rivals, etc) could finish them.