You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

We got crushed outside be ause they shut the gates. And the place was literally a building site with rocks and rubble everywhere. And the stadium was completely inaccessible, it took us 3 hours to get there. It was a fucking disgrace and it got washed away because of the way we won. 

Brian Reade covered it in one of his books, but apart from that I dont think anything was made of the biggest game in Europe being held in literally the middle of nowhere. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Brian Reade covered it in one of his books, but apart from that I dont think anything was made of the biggest game in Europe being held in literally the middle of nowhere. 

Brian Reade was on our flight going over there. The airport was a shambles too and I remember shouting at him."i fucking hope this shite gets in your column on Saturday". Haha. I was fuming. And twatted too as we got a litre bottle of vodka each in Manchester airport and drunk it on the flight... Which was sat on the runway for about 2 hours because they couldn't leave until they got an approved landing spot on the Turkish side.  

11 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Where did I say I wanted it?

I see that as the by product of the super league. The same super rich teams playing each other over and over (like now of course) but with the chance of potential interlopers only being other super rich teams. 

I don't disagree that things need to change but disagree that a super league is the way to go.

54 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Everton are letting Siggurdsson go, because his contract is up and their midfield needs refreshing. That's all. Nothing else to see here.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/06/03/everton-letting-gylfi-sigurdsson-leave-step-in-right-direction/

Screenshot_2022-06-04-18-56-42-53_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That article is ridiculous. Wonder why he made one appearance. 

Imagine if he played for Liverpool and the club released that statement. High horse fc would be all over it.

6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

That article is ridiculous. Wonder why he made one appearance. 

Imagine if he played for Liverpool and the club released that statement. High horse fc would be all over it.

Have everton actually said anything officially though?

I like a bit of bitter bashing as much as the next feller but....

2 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Who is to say they’d have been crowned European champions. They’d more than likely been beaten out of sight 

Oh c'mon now, only the season before they brushed aside the might of University College Dublin 1-0 on aggregate. World domination beckoned.

• Upvote 2

On 29/05/2022 at 18:27, Harry Squatter said:

My old boss in work used to say how much he would hate being a Kopite. 

He was bleating on about us once saying how much better it is to be a blue than a red.

I said it must be boss never winning anything but having a planet sized ego and thinking you are still relevant. Set aside the issue never winning anything I said they are only defined by how much they hate us and live their lives through the success of other teams. It also must be draining and miserable having to constantly look for things to be outraged about, use mental gymnastics to belittle everything your rivals do, suck up to Mancs who think you are tramps and literally moan about every single refereeing decison that has ever gone against you.

They've got plans to tackle that; their scouts have been keeping an eye on a little known player called Vic Aries Lee.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Everton are letting Siggurdsson go, because his contract is up and their midfield needs refreshing. That's all. Nothing else to see here.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/06/03/everton-letting-gylfi-sigurdsson-leave-step-in-right-direction/

Screenshot_2022-06-04-18-56-42-53_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That article is comypete and utter noncesense. 

04AWrKG.gif