You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reina continues to ready the fans for summer move.

Horus

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does evryone think he's leaving?

It's people putting 2 and 2 together. He did an interview with Sid Lowe where for the first time he stopped short of saying unequivocally, "I'm staying!".

It looked very much like he was using Sid Lowe to start getting the message out, to start letting us down lightly.

And it's no secret he wanted out last year (clause or not) and we're no closer to being back in the competitions that matter to him. So it's not a leap to surmise he is one of the players of whom John Henry said, "Wanted the club to move forward faster than we will" or some such.

If he does go back to Spain, where is he going to go? Barca and Real won’t be looking for anything more then a bench warmer so will he be happy to go elsewhere and not challenge for anything with no real hope of challenging for a title ever. I’d suggest he has much more of a chance of winning something here.

If he does go back to Spain, where is he going to go? Barca and Real won’t be looking for anything more then a bench warmer so will he be happy to go elsewhere and not challenge for anything with no real hope of challenging for a title ever. I’d suggest he has much more of a chance of winning something here.

He said he doesn't want to go to spain, that he wants to stay in England. Hence all the speculation about United and Arsenal.

It makes common sense for Reina to stay with us, he is young as a gk he has a manager who is a winner and he is adored and respected by the majority of fans. I can't help but think that Reina looks at the lack of respect shown to a few that have left our club over the past 12 months and may wander if we really are that different.

I think if Arsenal come in with a serious bid, he'll be off.

He has this on his facebook thing now:

After a week with the Spanish National Team, I return to Liverpool with the desire to play on Saturday and give everything for my team. Very important game to keep close to Europe. YNWA!!

Irrelevant, I know. Only the normal sound bites, Torres saying this sort of stuff used to make me think he got us. Doesn't mean jack. I think he is off, hope he stays but can't see it.

One thing I don't want to see is us keeping a player who doesn't want to be here 100%. If we start next season with 16 good players who are part of a better squad than this year, fully committed and motivated, we can do well.

That can be an advantage we would have over City, who don't seem to have good team spirit and Spurs, who probably will have a lot of players disappointed with the lack of Champions League football.

We need to start next season with everyone fighting for the shirt and the club pulling in the same direction. If Reina doesn't want to be part of that, that's his loss.

I like the look of de gea and lloris. I am not convinced the mancs have the money.

I think they will be selling the likes of berbatov and maybe even rooney before splashing. They seem to be linked with a load of players lately, i wonder if the glazers are chatting up another hedge fund in the background!

I prefer it when players say good things about our club, talk positively about players who play for our club and don't speculate about how their future could lie elsewhere. IMO, this is the standard bluprint for a professional player at LFC.

I find Pepe's behaviour unsettling and its just not needed right now. We are, as a team, trying to push as high up the table as we can. If the guy wants to leave, fine, just do it quietly in the close season and don't join any of our direct rivals. Simple really, especially when you are getting paid a King's ransom every week to represent LIVERPOOL FC FFS.

I know all this is speculation that he is looking to leave but I think if he were to move then it might be to At.Madrid. I am sure I read somewhere in the past a couple of years back that he wanted to play for them at one point in his career as his dad played for them one time or another. Might of been mentioned when we played them in the Champions League or something. If De Gea does leave then they will have the cash to sign him from us maybe.

Would be happy if we signed Steve Mandanda or Samir Handanovic who looked decent at the world cup.

If he goes to arsenal he will win fuck all there as well as they are the biggest chokers in the game.Promise the world and win sod all.As for going to utd twats bollocks to that.100 mill to start the chat.

Why when any team that bids £25m can sign him.

I hope that someone - Kenny and/or Comolli - sits down with him in the summer and shows him a video of the manc/Chelsea games. The mancs are going to win the title this year (spits) but we played them off the park. I don't think we're going to be miles behind again. In fact, looking at the comparative fortunes of the teams above us over the last 2 years, they really should be much further ahead but even in our weakened state we're not that far off the pace.

A few good signings and Arsenal won't really be a step up for him. And I don't know where the daily stories about the mancs' endless shopping list comes from. Aren't they supposed to be skint?