You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

David Haye - Wladimir Klitschko

The-Sir

Saying it's Wlad and it goes off late June as planned...where would your money be now mate?

I always had Wlad down as the winner until i saw how good Hayes power is at heavyweight, he's one of the hardest hitters in the division.

I can see Wlad try and jab and then land that huge right hand that he has but there is a big chance for Haye to get inside and land his power punches and Wlad doesn't have the best chin. It'll keep us on our toes i think because whoever lands the big punch is more than likely the winner.

I'm not sure yet but i think Steward could come up with the best gameplan for this one.

What do you reckon mate?

I always had Wlad down as the winner until i saw how good Hayes power is at heavyweight, he's one of the hardest hitters in the division.

I can see Wlad try and jab and then land that huge right hand that he has but there is a big chance for Haye to get inside and land his power punches and Wlad doesn't have the best chin. It'll keep us on our toes i think because whoever lands the big punch is more than likely the winner.

I'm not sure yet but i think Steward could come up with the best gameplan for this one.

What do you reckon mate?

Great point.

What do you reckon mate?

Pretty much exactly how I see it mate. While I think Wlad would like to win by KO or Stoppage, I think he will be focusing on the long game and looking at how he will win on points as a Plan A. The Plan B will come if he can wear Haye down.

I have a feeling that Haye doesn't realise how tough this fight could be and thinks all he has to do is land. Wlad is a big guy and although he has been tagged and stopped before, he still takes some finding.

Whilst this is almost a pick 'em fight, I think the manner of victory will most likely be quite decisive for either of them. Of course it could be Lewis - Holyfield all over again.

Haye will be the puncher in the fight, it all depends on when and how often he is able to land. If he lands properly then he has every chance, but I don't like the chances of someone going into a Heavyweight title fight where Plans A and B are the KO, Haye needs a strategy of how he is going to outwork Wlad as a primary objective and then see what happens when he starts swinging.

I think Haye has the speed and the power to the job, while Wlad has the skills and the ability to keep it at range.

I've always said that a chin beats a punch, given that we know Wlad is a bit chinny, I think I'd go Haye 55/45 at this moment in time...and that's to finish it inside 12 rounds. Speed kills and Haye has speed.

Yeah great post, bang on about Haye finding it hard get at Wlad as he's a very defensive fighter, it's going to be hard to tag him when all he does is stepback.

If all Haye does is go in the for the K.O then his in trouble but as much as i find Booth a slimey shit (can't believe i said i liked him) they are very good team and they'll come up with a pretty good plan as well, although one land of Wlads right and it's goodnight for Haye.

It's great seeing boxers who are at the top of their game fighting eachother, it's a rare thing nowadays.

I would like David to win, but my head says Wlad is a great bet at anything odds against, particularly if it's in Germany..

I think Haye will look to take the same approach as when he won the title, but seeing how he only just scraped the Valuev verdict & how much better the Klitschkos are than Valuev, I don't really fancy his chances.

I'd say this fight would be more like Haye vs Mormeck in the cruisers, although obviously Klitschko is bigger. Both went down but Haye got the decisive one and it was an immense fight. Haye is good in a war even if he is a bit chinny himself I think he learned from Carl Thompson to always keep at least one punch in reserve. Could go either way.

I would like David to win, but my head says Wlad is a great bet at anything odds against, particularly if it's in Germany..

I think Haye will look to take the same approach as when he won the title, but seeing how he only just scraped the Valuev verdict & how much better the Klitschkos are than Valuev, I don't really fancy his chances.

I dont think he only just scraped the Valuev fight to be honest, Haye was the only one throwing any meaningful punches. Besides which, any fighter is going to have a tough time against Valuev due to the size of him and the way in which he boxes.

This fight is going to be a completely different style of fight, both boxers can actually box, both are tactically superb, both have massive punches, both have suspect chins. I cant wait, this will be a proper fight.

The Klitschkos are much better than Valuev yes, but then David Haye is so much better than Valuev. I'm leaning towards Haye for this one.

When it was first mooted I made Klitschkos big favourites and maintain that with Vitali. Wlad was always the more intriguing fight as he is more vulnerable than his brother. Does Haye have the power of Sam Peter? Peter clocked Wlad a few times (had him down 3 times in their first fight I believe) and Wlad still churned out the victory. It's speed versus range, youth versus experience, power versus power and slightly suspect chin versus slightly suspect chin should be a classic. I think the rounds 5-8 will prove decisive in the fight and not necessarily because of a KO.

I think Haye will look to take the same approach as when he won the title.

Thats kind of my view aswell. Not seen a great deal of Wlad, but from what I've seen I get the impression that he stays behind that left jab for a while until he wears the other fella down, then steps in with big left-right combos later in the fight.

Haye won't just stand there like that for the whole fight, he'll be a long way away from him. Maybe not running away like against Valuev, but not too dissimilar. Its Haye bringing all the excitement to the table for me, with his speed and power.

Haye will win this one. He's quicker than Wlad and has more power. He's more attack minded (needs to be wary like) and as long as Wlad doesn't drag him into a war of attrition he shoud do it.

Klitchko #2 has a worryingly (for him) weak chin as already pointed out. This should be a cracker, all being well.