You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy M

Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?  

336 members have voted

1. 1. Which option is closest to your thinking on Roy?

• I like Roy and I would like to see him given time to succeed.
    • Not my first choice, but he's here and I'd like to see him given time before I make a judgement.
    • He may/may not have been the right choice, but from what I've seen I've got no faith in him.
    • I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done.

With a transfer budget of £245 million?

Imagine if Rafa or Roy had that.

That is failing.

Come on mate, you should know that Pellegrini was not buying the players at Madrid.

If you can call finishing with the highest points total in Madrid's history and winning 31 out of 38 games (the same as Barca) and scoring 102 goals (more than Barca) a failure then you must be somebody of exceptionally high standards.

My 'on the pitch' worry with Roy is that he seems to favour a passive 'funnel back behind the ball' defence .

I think our lack of pace means that we should be hunting in packs aggressively to win the ball high up the pitch , as what is happening at the moment is we are regaining possession near our area & taking forever to get it anywhere near Torres or Ngog who are by then totally outnumbered by the opposition.

It doesn't seem any coincidence to me that the 2 most aggressive halves we have played this season ( Arsenal 2nd / tonight 2nd ) have been our best in my opinion.

Good analysis.

• 5 weeks later...

Northampton Fans celebrate a win at anfield.

Blackpool Fans celebrate a win at anfield.

Everton Fans chant "going down" while they comfortably beat us 2-0 to send us second from bottom.

Option 4. - I don't want him here, and I want him sacked before any more damage is done.

There's no need for a new poll. Practically everyone at this point, apart from Irishlad and mypost, agree with AndyM.

They can't still be backing him surely?

Say what you like about Roy but he's managed to bring some unity to us fans, after years of bickering about the manager I think we can now all agree on something.

The guy is an embarrassment and should never have been a liverpool manager. he is always downplaying this MASSIVE club, shows no confidence in the team, doesn't defend or support are players.

It's sad that it has ended to quickly, but he has brought nothing new to the club and we have went backwards rapidly under him,

Hey, look on the bright side! At least Martin ONeil, Steve Bruce, Big Sam, Moysie and the Grand Old Sir Alex don't hate us anymore! They love us in fact, because we are giving out points like sweets and the well respected Roy won't say any nasty words about them.

Seriously, if Carra was so wound up about the LMA Ferguson disciple clique hating us then he really needs to re-assess his fuckin priorities.