You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Alternative Shirts are in and ready for shipping...

Fat Scouser

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will buy one of these but I would just like to add that IMO they are not different enough to our normal shirts, plus they bastardise the name of our new sponsor, who have done nothing wrong.

The people involved should not be out of pocket because of this as they have done a terrific job and should be applauded.

They were designed to be as close to the official shirt as they could legaly get away with, think you've missed the point a bit, have you seen the mancs alternative shirt? Epic Fail!!

There is a flaw in your argument; I said shirts. We have a black shirt, we have had several black shirts over the past ten seasons, many of which appear in Anfield on a weekly basis.

Im not missing the point at all. IMO it should be as UNLIKE our jerseys as possible, otherwise TV camera's, day trippers etc will glance over it without acknowledging the difference, hence defeating the purpose. This should be about raising awareness of our situation and trying to bring to the attention of a wider audience, these jerseys dont do that.

Again, the guys who designed and made these shirts should be applauded as they have done significantly more than I have for the cause, the above is my opinion on the matter if I was involved in their design.

Im not missing the point at all. IMO it should be as UNLIKE our jerseys as possible, otherwise TV camera's, day trippers etc will glance over it without acknowledging the difference, hence defeating the purpose. This should be about raising awareness of our situation and trying to bring to the attention of a wider audience, these jerseys dont do that.

Again, the guys who designed and made these shirts should be applauded as they have done significantly more than I have for the cause, the above is my opinion on the matter if I was involved in their design.

That was meant to quote njackets and not myself.

That was all considered mate. But in the end, they decided on what they thought would sell best. And don't get that wrong. As I said, no one's making a profit. All the money's going into anti-owner campaigns and anything left will go to the HJC.

Anyway, just nipped in to say, the lad is trying to get the website sorted and it should all be running smoothly soon.

This is the latest update from Jonny (as posted on RAWK)

Right - I'm just off the phone from Tom (Viga) and theres some good news...

First up - you can order shirts direct from them over the phone on the following number(s):

+44 (0)1382 205206 - this is the main number of our shirts, but if its constantly engaged, try

+44 (0)1382 223466 (this is a joint phone / fax line that diverts to fax if unanswered after 7 rings)

Obviously we've got every size in stock and they're ready to take orders right now. So if anyone wants to let auld arses that don't use t'interweb know that they can get a shirt by just calling that number then thats where to direct them please.

If you haven't ordered yet or were so impressed by the quality you want more ( ) then Viga and their web developer are working flat out to get a much more straightforward order processing front page up and running (hopefully by the end of today) that will allow you to just get on select what you want from stock and pay for it there and then.

Its how I wanted it to run from the start, but because of all of the risks involved in setting this up and catering for demand, customs, etc it wasn't possible until we had the stock in the warehouses at Viga.

So, I'll be back on later to let you know when the webpage is up and running to take orders, but in the meantime please do use the phone lines.

ISSUES

* There are no doubt some of you that will be a bit pissed off with any complications experienced - I'm sorry for that, but please bear in mind that I've tried to set something up here in next to no time at all and apart from these issues that came up over the past 2 days I wasn't aware of any problems in the process.

* There are also some out there who've duplicated orders - again, apologies for any issues caused in the order process. if you don't want or need the extra shirts, then please dont feel compelled to take them! Just let Viga know whats happened - believe me, you wont be able to trump some of the stuff thats gone on in sorting this out - theres no embarrassment in cancelling a genuinely duplicate order.

* There's also some out there who've been honest enough to put their hands up and say - I cant scrape the money together this month. Thats no worries either. Let us know if thats the case and also let us know when you will have the £20 so that we can hold your pre-order for you.

* But, and I hate to say it, there are well over 30% that have just turned their backs so far. E-mails have been sent and ignored. Calls have been made and ignored our met with a "not interested". You lot should hang your heads in shame.

I'm right up against it trying to get this sorted, and at the moment have no interest in naming and shaming, because I think theres enough infighting on here and elsewhere and I'm also very conscious of the importance of the provacy policy on RAWK and grateful to the site for allowing me to pull this together in the first place. But, that doesnt make it any less shameful.

So to recap - for anyone who's interested - theres the numbers again:

Danielle or Laura on:

+44 (0)1382 205206

or

+44 (0)1382 223466

OR direct sales later today / tonight off viga dot co dot uk/lsu

All the feedback on the shirts has been immensely positive and at £20 or £15 for the kids sizes you cant go wrong. Remember if we get these sold and I can get just my deposit back, then EVERY SINGLE PENNY OF 'PROFIT' WILL BE GOING TO THE HJC AND THE SOS.

Sizes in stock as follows:

YS 21

YM 19

YL 36

S 146

M 526

L 621

XL 312

XXL 145

XXXL 28

Anyone on here who's a regular poster elsewhere, please can you help to get this spread around the other sites?

Thanks for the offers of help and support over the last 24 hours - it's appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonny

I have bought 4 of these for me and mates. Had them in first batch so had them a couple of weeks now. I am seriously well impressed. Particularly as I watched it go from an idea, through a design process and now out on the streets. All through the work of fans.

The least we can do is take up the mantel and get them seen on the streets. I've been stopped a couple of times and asked about the shirt. The more this happens the more we can educate people.

The shirts are good quality too!

Can't wait to wear mine at the next home game. Hopefully I'll be stood with a crowd of people wearing the same one hour before kick off by the Shankly statue.

Thats not the point at all, the point is to not help fund the owners when you buy the shirt.

Guest ShoePiss

Can't make a payment on that site, it keeps coming up with errors when trying to get to the payment screen. Maybe they're not taking international orders?

Called both the numbers listed above and the first number (205206) is a fax and the second goes to viga voicemail asking to leave a message.

I'm calling on skype so can't leave a call back number....