You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rory Smith: Arsenal Have Bid For Reina

TheDrowningMan

I'm not surprised. I Had a very uneasy feeling when I watched that video. Thought it was a very crass act. Can you imagine the outrage from Liverpool supporters had someone had put a Madrid shirt on Gerrard.

Fabregas was born and raised in Barcelona. He joined them when he was still a young kid. That is why they put on the shirt. It's more like putting a West Ham shirt on Joe Cole.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the logic behind it, it makes sense.

The paedo is under a shitload of pressure right now, slowly but surely there are Arsenal fans are turning against him. They think his behaviour in the transfer market is holding them back, they've needed a top centre half and goalkeeper for some time now, and Wenger refuses to go and buy them, despite having the money. If he doesn't win a trophy this year he will probably go. He peaked years ago and he's just dragging it out now, his legacy is cast in stone, but he's never going to top what he did 6 years ago.

So maybe, if true, this is his way of trying to please the Arsenal fans, sign one of the (In my opinion he's the best) best goalkeepers in the world. Look at the others, Buffon won't leave Juventus, Arsenal won't buy Cesar, nor Casillas, Lloris is good but not nearly on Pepe's level, and we're in a position were we have no Champions League football, and are in serious debt, so maybe he's hoping Roy will take the money and go buy Schwarzer or some journeyman.

Everyone knows Wengers as good at signing Goalkeepers as Rafa was at signing wingers, dud after dud. So maybe he's trying to sign a proven world class goalkeeper who'll be solid for years to come.

He can fuck off though, Pepe's an honorary scouser for life.

Really? He didn't have a great experience there first time round. Is there a law in football that states you cannot turn down Barcelona as a player?

he was just a kid then and the whole setup at the club was in turmoil, he loves us and would only move to benefit his career greatly and he'd still be loyal to us in the process whilst Real and Inter already have top class keepers so dont need him, i think he'd also consider Atletico at some point but not now so Barca would be his only reasonable choice

he was just a kid then and the whole setup at the club was in turmoil, he loves us and would only move to benefit his career greatly and he'd still be loyal to us in the process whilst Real and Inter already have top class keepers so dont need him, i think he'd also consider Atletico at some point but not now so Barca would be his only reasonable choice

Did he tell you this? Seriously, why do people say 'he'll only leave for Barca' about so many players, it's becoming a worn out cliche quickly. One that pisses me off a lot.

so you don't think he'd leave for Barca? what if any clubs who could be in for him anytime soon do you think he would go to?

the fact is if a player plays for us or scum the only bigger club they coud possibly move to is Real or Barca

I don't know whether he'd leave to Barcelona, nor do you.

I'd like to think he wouldn't, I'd like to think he meant what he said when he signed his contract and said this is the best club in the world for him, and he was 100% committed to Liverpool.

I also think maybe because they favoured the vastly inferior Victor Valdes to him, he may not have the same affinity for the club that e.g. Fibreglass or Pique has for Barca.

Also, you said the set-up of the club was a shambles at that time, such a shambles yet they managed to raise Iniesta, Fabregas, Pique, Xavi, Messi and so on at that time?

I'd also like to think we're not small time compared to Barcelona as we've won more European Cups and our fair share of league titles in a much harder league, where more than two teams run for the title. (Not saying we're a bigger club necessarily, but that we stand up to them respectably.)

I don't know whether he'd leave to Barcelona, nor do you.

I'd like to think he wouldn't, I'd like to think he meant what he said when he signed his contract and said this is the best club in the world for him, and he was 100% committed to Liverpool.

I also think maybe because they favoured the vastly inferior Victor Valdes to him, he may not have the same affinity for the club that e.g. Fibreglass or Pique has for Barca.

Also, you said the set-up of the club was a shambles at that time, such a shambles yet they managed to raise Iniesta, Fabregas, Pique, Xavi, Messi and so on at that time?

I'd also like to think we're not small time compared to Barcelona as we've won more European Cups and our fair share of league titles in a much harder league, where more than two teams run for the title. (Not saying we're a bigger club necessarily, but that we stand up to them respectably.)

they didnt favour Valdes, Pepe went before Valdes broke through, of the players you mentioned only Xavi was in the first team back then and he was nowhere near the player he is now

they didnt favour Valdes, Pepe went before Valdes broke through, of the players you mentioned only Xavi was in the first team back then and he was nowhere near the player he is now

Of course Xavi wasn't, he was about 21, nowhere near his peak.

Valdes and Reina are the same age. That explains itself.

My original argument still stands.

Reina is unpopular with Arsenal fans because of that Fabregas shirt episode.

Wenger wouldn't spend 20m on a brilliant outfield player, never mind a goalkeeper.

It was in the Scum.

Other than that, totally believable.

That is basically spot on.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHB-89Mtfw&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCHB-89Mtfw&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]