You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There could be a possible realisation of an equity consideration," Broughton said. "But both George Gillett and Tom Hicks remain on the board and they have given commitments that the board of Kop Holdings [Liverpool's UK parent] is the party that is responsible for the sale."

Does that mean Investment as opposed to full sale ?

Hola, whilst everyone else wonders about the start of those comments, its the latter that makes me go hmmm.

Broughton is saying, against all the media talk of a Broughton 'golden' vote, that its the board of Kop Holdings, the parent compay, not the board of LFC, that will decide on the sale.

Or have I read that wrong ?

If it is CIC behind Hueng then they're not short of a few bob:

Blackstone Group, May 22, 2007, $3 billion, 9.4% stake.[4][10][12][14]

Morgan Stanley, December 19, 2007, $5 billion, 9.9% stake[4][11][12]

VISA, March 19, 2008, $100 million, > 0.1% stake[15][16]

China Railway Engineering Corporation, November 20, 2007, $100 million[17]

Teck Resources, July 3, 2009, $1.74 Billion, 17.2% stake[18]

Noble Group, September 21, 2009, $850 Million, 12.91% stake[19]

Nobel Oil Group, October 15th, 2009, $300 Million, 45% stake[20]

Penn West Energy Trust, May 13th, 2010, $1.2 Billion, 5% stake[21]

China Investment Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All i can say is that if this is happening, i really, really dont want us to turn into a club that spends shitloads just for the sake of it. I hope the owners have a bit of class and don't go making cringeworthy comments about who we want to sign. It'd be nice if the fans could try to do the same.

If it is CIC behind Hueng then they're not short of a few bob:

Blackstone Group, May 22, 2007, $3 billion, 9.4% stake.[4][10][12][14]

Morgan Stanley, December 19, 2007, $5 billion, 9.9% stake[4][11][12]

VISA, March 19, 2008, $100 million, > 0.1% stake[15][16]

China Railway Engineering Corporation, November 20, 2007, $100 million[17]

Teck Resources, July 3, 2009, $1.74 Billion, 17.2% stake[18]

Noble Group, September 21, 2009, $850 Million, 12.91% stake[19]

Nobel Oil Group, October 15th, 2009, $300 Million, 45% stake[20]

Penn West Energy Trust, May 13th, 2010, $1.2 Billion, 5% stake[21]

China Investment Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

has anyone with any credibility said that they have connections?

Stop buying trainers and shirts and jackets and pretty much everything else mate because guess where they are made.

I share your concern however that if this does not work out positively we will never get rid. They could change our fucking name to Chinapool if they want and still get millions of fans buying shit.

I'll have you know all my trainees are made by Indonesia's finest.

Guest davelfc
All i can say is that if this is happening, i really, really dont want us to turn into a club that spends shitloads just for the sake of it. I hope the owners have a bit of class and don't go making cringeworthy comments about who we want to sign. It'd be nice if the fans could try to do the same.

Being a fan the last few years has been like being stuck at half time in Istanbul. You really expect a sensible, rational response IF this came off, it would be like we'd just won on penalties.

But I agree we don't need to be classless like the chavs and the smaller mancs.

Bluemoon • View topic - Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

I want it to happen even more after reading this thread.

Reading some of those posts had genuinely shocked me. These fucking idiots have never won fuck all and have always been (and always will be) in Utds shadow. Yet responses such as "why would you want to buy liverpool?" and other snidey remarks have made me wonder whether these clowns believe they have arrived and indeed a bigger club than us?

I've never had anything against City, even when they were taken over i thought 'good on them' as i prefer them to utd, chelsea and smug arsenal. But they're acting like a kid in the playground who's just found out theres another kid whos better at football. All because SHOULD this deal go through, our potential would be limitless. Again, such insecurity could be understandable had they have won shit. Ever.

Why do they give such a fuck? Goes to show, they may support City, but they're still thick fucking manc cunts

There's really no nice way to spend shit loads of money on multiple players without pissing off every team in the league.

Reading some of those posts had genuinely shocked me. These fucking idiots have never won fuck all and have always been (and always will be) in Utds shadow. Yet responses such as "why would you want to buy liverpool?" and other snidey remarks have made me wonder whether these clowns believe they have arrived and indeed a bigger club than us?

I've never had anything against City, even when they were taken over i thought 'good on them' as i prefer them to utd, chelsea and smug arsenal. But they're acting like a kid in the playground who's just found out theres another kid whos better at football. All because SHOULD this deal go through, our potential would be limitless. Again, such insecurity could be understandable had they have won shit. Ever.

Why do they give such a fuck? Goes to show, they may support City, but they're still thick fucking manc cunts

Is right

I remember looking at that site around February time, the transfer forum is hilarious. There was about 8 topics in a row of "Should we bother trying to get Messi?" "David Villa" "Torres is a done deal" "Michael Essien, lets bring him here" "Cesc Fabregas" etc.

They're fucking delusional. If we do get a lot of cash I hope I dont become a foaming at the mouth spastic like they all are on there.

I don't buy this "buying the best players in the world", "bidding for Messi", "unlimited funds" stuff - thats just sensationalist bullshit. If this fella is backed by CIC or a similar fund, you're not talking about a 'rich man's toy' scenario. They'll be investing with the expectation to make money, just in the long term unlike the LBO parasites. It'd be a case of looking at the shit we're in right now, and weighing up the price vs opportunity of unlocking earning potential of the club in the long term based on a successful team in a new modern stadium with sponsorship agreements and the chinese market to mine for new opportunities. That's why they're playing hardball on the valuation, because at the price being quoted the growth potential makes it a solid long-term investment. At the parasite's valuation, that equation probably wouldn't work out.

They'd be prepared to make necessary short-term investment in the squad needed to get us back on a competitive footing (because being successful is vital to the future economic potential of the club), and medium-term investment in the stadium in order to realize the long-term growth potential in the value of the club as an asset -- which would make our operations self-sustaining, revenue allowing for reinvestment in the squad without continuous injections of capital while the book value of the fund's asset grows. These wealth funds are measured primarily by the value of the assets they control (not cash flow), so you wouldn't see owners throwing hundreds of millions at the club just to see trophies pile up. The maths would have to work for a far eastern group, unlike the vanity projects other clubs have gone through.

People prepared to take the long-term view of a club in our precarious situation with the money to follow it through are a rare commodity. The hope is that we'll end up in a situation where our best interests and the interests of the buyer align... Bloody hope so, because we're not likely to get another chance.

The above is all, of course, pure speculation, and I don't know shit.

according to RAWK poster...

Done Deal. Tonight.

If you mean the lad who started the thread didn't he say "Huang's gang, it's on"

Fair enough if he's come back and said done deal.

But also, Rory Smith has been on twitter again and said:

The money behind him is real and is substantial. Your scepticism is understandable, and admirable, but I suspect it's misplaced.

21 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

At no point has Kenny Huang (or anyone,for that matter) suggested he's using his money to buy #LFC. He's a deal broker. He's broking a deal.