You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm so nervous. Dont know what to do.

Guest simon

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread just earned Dave £24. Decided to renew my membership and start posting again after realising how frickin awesome the GF is. Have just loitered for year or so and can't really afford the membership fee at the mo but fuck it! This thread just made me too happy to care.

Si - best make sure you know how to make a 3-egg ommelette. It's the most predictable thing a chef can ask you to do but i'd put money on him asking you to make one. Butter in the pan, 3 eggs, seasoning, nothing else.

Also check the ingredients used in his menu at the mo and make sure you can identify them. If he sees you know your onions you're a shoe-in.

Good luck big bollocks.

Guest davelfc

Good luck Simon, remember to take some knives as they might have hidden them.

Anyone else think the site would make so much more money if Simon's threads were PPV?

I kept on going in for nothing and after four weeks they offered me a job as a commis chef.”

Sound familiar Si ?

Simon. PM me your address and a phone number. I'll come and pick you up and take you down there.

It seems I've lost my repping power, otherwise you'd get it. Top gesture that.

Good luck Simon, you deserve it.

I worked in the Commons 7 years ago.I done 5 split shifts a week with a break of usually 45 mins to 1 hour.

It was the hardest kitchen i ever worked.

Aiden is a topclass chef with amazing flair.He is also a hard cunt to work for as he demands perfection, However if you want to be the best, you have to work with the best.

Prepare to almost die in the kitchen.........but well worth it.

Best of luck

Guest simon

Now i am scared evrything i keep trying to make is just going wrong i dont know why as they are usualy perfect. I tried cooking my risotto today and its a disaster. I dont know if its nervousness or lack of sleep a have slept. I cant im too excited. Help what do i do i dont want to be like this when i go into work with Aiden. I dont know why but i just cant do anything these past few days i made an Omellet which the taste was absoloute perfect but added too much water so it broke. I made a Rissoto tonight consistancy was perfect every thing was apart from the Mascaponi i made which totaly killed it. I even burnt my Breky this morn i swear to god this is not me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Mental calm, mate. There are far more important things in life than getting it right. If you remember that, you won't be nervous. Have a 'fuck it, if it goes wrong, it goes wrong' attitude and you won't, erm, go wrong.

Guest simon

Its frustrating, I think its lack of sleep which i cant seem to do anything about i have Diazapam usualy works a treat but now its not i must of slep like 6 hours this week im absoloutley knacred

Guest ShoePiss
Its frustrating, I think its lack of sleep which i cant seem to do anything about i have Diazapam usualy works a treat but now its not i must of slep like 6 hours this week im absoloutley knacred

Read a book in bed, get rest otherwise you're going to have to sell that diazepam to the local smackheads to pay for extra ingredients.

Now i am scared evrything i keep trying to make is just going wrong i dont know why as they are usualy perfect. I tried cooking my risotto today and its a disaster. I dont know if its nervousness or lack of sleep a have slept. I cant im too excited. Help what do i do i dont want to be like this when i go into work with Aiden. I dont know why but i just cant do anything these past few days i made an Omellet which the taste was absoloute perfect but added too much water so it broke. I made a Rissoto tonight consistancy was perfect every thing was apart from the Mascaponi i made which totaly killed it. I even burnt my Breky this morn i swear to god this is not me.

ok calm down the fuck.

He aint hiring you so you can teach him how to make rissoto.And this aint no cook-off.Chances are, he is gonna ask you why you wanna be a chef ....and throw you in the deep-end.

If you get thrown into service, just concentrate and focus on the dishes your cooking.

If your doin prep....do a list and keep your section tidy. If your prep is done, keep asking for more.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.No such thing as a stupid question in kitchen.

Mind you, if it was Corn Flakes that you burnt, face it...you're fucked.

Guest simon
ok calm down the fuck.

He aint hiring you so you can teach him how to make rissoto.And this aint no cook-off.Chances are, he is gonna ask you why you wanna be a chef ....and throw you in the deep-end.

If you get thrown into service, just concentrate and focus on the dishes your cooking.

If your doin prep....do a list and keep your section tidy. If your prep is done, keep asking for more.

Don't be afraid to ask questions.No such thing as a stupid question in kitchen.

Im sure ill rise to the challenge mate i dont even feel nervous that the thing i dont know why but nothing is going right when im doing stuff this week. One thing is sure though is on Saturday i need to be wide awake. But i cant sleep.

What an absolutely legendary thread.

Si, I know we've had words but I'm fucking made up for you lad and you deserve not only this chance but to succeed for as long as you are willing to work for it.

It is only natural to be nervous about something like this because you are so passionate about it but you have to let your head rule your heart in certain situations.

Sleeping is vital for you to perform at your best throughout the day and while I'm no doctor I do practice Martial Arts and that entails breathing exercises. People think it is bollocks but it really isn't I will look for some tips that explain it better than I can but there are techniques that really work. Also little things like an open window, closing your eyes and taking deep breaths before you go to bed really do work. The deep breathing slows the heart rate down which allows your body to pass into a more relaxed state.

Goosfraba kid and the very best of luck with it all!

Don't worry Simon, he knows you're a young lad and that you're nervous, he'll be impressed that you've shown the initiative to go there in the first place and wants you to do well, he's on your side mate otherwise he wouldn't have invited you - he can get chefs with the click of a finger, but he'd rather give someome a chance like he got I imagine.

Im sure ill rise to the challenge mate i dont even feel nervous that the thing i dont know why but nothing is going right when im doing stuff this week. One thing is sure though is on Saturday i need to be wide awake. But i cant sleep.

Remember that he is giving you a chance not because he thinks you are a masterchef...You are there to learn.

Proper breathing is a martial arts meditation technique that is essential to achieve the full benefits of all meditation postures. It is the most important part of meditation. To practice this technique, assume a comfortable position and let go of all thoughts. Focus solely on breathing. Observe your natural breath and feel the rise and fall of the chest and abdomen. Continue to take deep breaths and start deepening your focus by taking three slow and deep breaths. Hold the breath for the count of eight and then exhale on the count of eight. Do not let any thoughts or worries interrupt you; focus on breathing alone. Feel the energy flow in and around your body. Your breathing should be noticeably slower and less frequent after several more deep breaths. Allow yourself to completely relax without any thought. When used regularly, meditation breathing techniques will help relax your entire body.

As promised