You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry fucking Redknapp

Redder Lurtz

Stu Monty

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Can't wait for this week's football ramble. Luke Moore, the Pompey fan, hates the cunt as much as I do and will go into it with two feet.

They could do a special where he basks in the glow of his Stuart Pearce prediction, then sticks the boot in Redknapp for half an hour.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate was over from Dubai at the weekend, said some of the lads who work for him regularly see the pair of them pissing it up at the local golf clubs and other membership-based watering holes. 

Unsurprisingly they are said to be a complete embarassment.

In other news, it hasn't been snowing in the UAE this month.  (The only gift...)

Can you imagine when he dies? There will be a national day of mourning. They'll rename the FA cup the Harry Redknapp cup in honour of that one time he won it in his long and glorious career to compliment his inter toto cup. He'll be cited as the greatest England manager who never was and they'll wheel Hodgson out from his piss soaked care home to tell the press his Arry selflessly let him have the job after he cried that his career was over

Rather than having him lying in state, they should prop his dead body up by an open car window and drive him through the crowds.

He'd be the main star of Sky Sport's Funeral Friday, complete with a countdown timer and reporters outside the local crematoriums.

• Upvote 6

I have a feeling Droopy will be back once more you know, and probably already knows where.  The bollocks knee excuse, the I've loved working with Tony Fernandes.

He's the sort of guy who only bothers with PR when it has a use to him; principally a fiscal one.

He'd still get employed on the media/punditry/television sofa circuit no matter how this ended, so it needn't be for that.

I have a feeling Droopy will be back once more you know, and probably already knows where.  The bollocks knee excuse, the I've loved working with Tony Fernandes.

He's the sort of guy who only bothers with PR when it has a use to him; principally a fiscal one.

He'd still get employed on the media/punditry/television sofa circuit no matter how this ended, so it needn't be for that.

He's waiting until Bournemouth get promoted then have a difficult start the following season.  

• Upvote 2

He will probably spend transfer deadline days in the Sky studio saying that every player is a triffic lad, good player, good family man, any club would be happy to have him. While a coke fueled Jim White drops to his knees and fellates him while caressing his saggy old man balls. 

Stu Monty

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Can't wait for this week's football ramble. Luke Moore, the Pompey fan, hates the cunt as much as I do and will go into it with two feet.

They could do a special where he basks in the glow of his Stuart Pearce prediction, then sticks the boot in Redknapp for half an hour.

He was like a pig in shit this week. Good entertainment.

He's waiting until Bournemouth get promoted then have a difficult start the following season.  

Bingo.  Or they don't come up and Howe gets poached.

As much as AFCB are yet another club who coincidentally went to the dogs financially after he left, I bet there are enough people here who would welcome him back.

Not really followed Qpr and their results but this is from a disgruntled supporter.

I heard he had an 18% win rate in the Premier League for Qpr.

Myths, scapegoats and excuses - Redknapp
Wednesday, 4th Feb 2015 03:30 by Clive Whittingham

Harry Redknapp is easy to dislike when he’s managing your football club.

That’s not what you’ll have read in the brochure before the trip. Harry Redknapp is like the owner of a seedy hotel overlooking a dodgy petrol station in a bit of Eastern Europe that used to be Russia. There he sits, whiling away his time on Trip Advisor registering fake accounts and posting fictitious reviews about his comfortable beds, Michelin starred food and revitalisation of Gareth Bale who he absolutely was not ever going to loan to Nottingham Forest.

When you’re actually there, experiencing it, you can’t help wondering where all this positive press is coming from.

The Harry Redknapp you see in the brochure is the England manager in waiting, cruelly denied his seat at the head of the nation’s footballing table by a Football Association lacking balls and bottle, taking a safe option with quietly-spoken, vastly-inferior, Roy Hodgson. Veteran sports journalists had queued up for six months to coronate Redknapp. The FA maintain he was never in the frame.

Where’s that clip where the Portsmouth player kicks the ball at Harry during an interview? Where’s that clip where Harry corpses with laughter talking about Benjani’s shooting practise? Where’s that clip of Chris Kamara walking in on Harry and Jim Smith crouched over the Racing Post? Where’s that clip of Harry calling out a West Ham fan who doesn’t rate youth team graduate Frank Lampard as highly as he does youth team graduate Scotty Cannon? Tell me that story about Harry bringing the supporter on during a West Ham pre-season friendly at Oxford City again would you, it’s been nearly 20 minutes.

That’s the Harry you get pitched… Harry Houdini. Riding in at the last possible minute, sweeping aside the mediocrity that went before him, hauling a new beginning in through his car window, with Gary Cotterill providing the voice-over through that chasm in his front teeth. ‘Arry the lad. ‘Arry the wheeler dealer. ‘Arry the old style English football manager leading the fight of domestic spit and sawdust against Johnny Foreigner and his flouncy tactics, fancy systems and latent homosexuality.

Let’s give a really brief, really harsh, assessment of Harry Redknapp’s two years as QPR manager. He signed 21 players permanently at a cost of £58m, not including the undisclosed fee for Reading keeper Alex McCarthy, and almost that many on loan. He sold or released 25 for a recouped amount of £21.5m. For all of this, QPR currently play with a striker at right wing, a central midfielder at left wing, and a 36 year old centre back with no ankles at left back. Redknapp took over a club in the bottom two of the Premier League going into an away game at Sunderland, and he leaves a club in the bottom two of the Premier League going into an away game at Sunderland. He’s achieved nothing in two years, and he’s spent millions. We are exactly where we were when he took over, and the accounts say we've lost obscene amounts doing it.

13358.jpg

One would hope the notoriously harsh British press may pick up on one or two items of low-hanging fruit here.

Redknapp was at pains to point out that before last season’s Championship campaign that he’d been forced to get rid of half his squad to cut costs, and then rebuild the team in one summer. Fair enough, big job completed successfully, cast a glance at Wigan and Reading to see what you could have won.

But last year QPR were still operating on a budget that dwarfed almost all of the rest of the division put together. In September they went to Yeovil Town with players still on the books earning as much in a week as the entire Glovers squad and yet still needed a late penalty from Charlie Austin and a fine display from Rob Green to win 1-0. Name another Championship manager last season who had £8m to go out and buy Charlie Austin and Matt Phillips, two of the division’s five outstanding players from the year before. Name another Championship manager who’d have been asked so few questions when Phillips subsequently nose-dived in form, fitness and confidence after arriving. QPR spent more than any other team in the division, scraped up in the very last second of the play-off final, and this apparently furthered Redknapp’s reputation.

Fact was, QPR were never as consistent in shape, performance, formation or results as they were when Steve McClaren was here doing the coaching during the summer and early part of the season while Redknapp was away having his knee fixed. Rangers were a shambles before that, they’ve been a shambles since. It was only by a quirk of fate and typically stoic shifts from Richard Dunne, Robert Green and Nedum Onuoha that McClaren ended up on the losing side at Wembley.

Redknapp, who said he’d been plotting his golf club memberships and retirement when Gary O’Neil was sent off in that final, then spent the entire summer talking about playing a back three, which a number of South American sides did in the World Cup. He was allowed to add Rio Ferdinand to his line up, despite the QPR board continuously saying they’d learnt their lessons about signing ageing, high-earning, players with nothing left to prove or achieve seeking a final pay day at the end of their careers. He sold Danny Simpson, the club’s only right back, because with three at the back QPR no longer needed right backs. He signed a whole host of ‘number 10’ type midfielders who are too attacking to play in sitting positions, not quick enough to play on the wing and not prolific enough to play up front – Jordon Mutch, Leroy Fer, Eduardo Vargas and Niko Kranjcar came in to join Adel Taarabt. After two hideous games, the three at the back was dropped. Suddenly QPR were forced to pick central players on the wings, and Redknapp was allowed to publicly bemoan his lack of options at full back without anybody asking whatever happened to Simpson.

Isn’t this the sort of stuff journalists are supposed to thrive on? Isn’t this fish in a barrel stuff? But then you have a drink with a press officer from one of his previous clubs and you hear about how they’d be packing up for the day and heading home only to see a couple of national hacks heading the other way across the car park for an unscheduled, off-diary, chat with the manager, and you realise who’s buttering bread on what side here. When everybody’s favourite spit-producing hyperbole king Jim White is asked about sources, he always trots out a story about Harry ringing him to let him know Robbie Keane had gone to Celtic. Purely out of the goodness of his heart, obviously.

The thing you quickly get used to when Harry Redknapp is your manager, is it’s never his fault.
When he’s not passing blame, he’s lying. He’ll sit there and say he’s no idea how much Charlie Austin earns, how much he’s been offered, or what the state of his contract negotiations are, because all of that is dealt with by the chairman and the chief executive. Then, sometimes in the very next sentence, he’ll happily reveal that Jose Bosingwa is on £65,000 a week, and Adel Taarabt and Shaun Wright-Phillips are not far behind. Whatever you think of that trio of individuals, the way Redknapp just threw club assets under the bus when it suited him, revealing details of contracts and wages, was completely unprofessional.

It continued right down to the death today. Redknapp was at the QPR training ground for the best part of 14 hours on Monday as the transfer deadline approached. He says he was trying to get Emmanuel Adebayor in on loan. Widespread reports say he was trying to return Mauro Zarate to West Ham just three weeks after taking him on loan in the first place in order to create space for Matt Jarvis to come the other way. Whatever, he was there, he was busy, and he was engaged.
Today, transfer window closed and no players in, we’re told that the knee problems he’s been suffering since he arrived here two years ago are too bad for him to continue. Fine yesterday, not today.

13178.jpg

Martin Samuel, an experienced, investigative sports journalist of many years standing in this country, treated Harry to a puff piece in The Mail today "confirming" as much.

The willingness to swallow this is embarrassing. Paris Hilton thinks more carefully about what goes down her gullet.

Here’s Harry on October 25: “I'm first one out on that training ground every single day. Every day. Anybody who says I'm not out there every day is lying. I'm in this ground 07.30 every morning. Everybody can bring their cameras any day of the week, when the players are out there I'm there.”

And here he is today: “I'm struggling so badly now. I can't walk, I can barely stand and watch. I'm in pain all the time. I went to see my grandson play football at the weekend, and after five minutes had to go back to the car. I couldn't even stand up. What sort of life is it if you can't watch the kids play? I feel positive about the future at Rangers – Sandro is back at the weekend and he will make a huge difference. We've got other players coming back from injury, too – if I could get out and coach them like I could five years ago, I'd be optimistic. But I can't.”

I’m sorry, but do these people think we’re fucking backwards or something? You’re telling me that had Harry Redknapp been able to once more land his precious Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch this January, and pair them together in the QPR attack, that he’d be resigning today? I suspect that if we were going into Saturday’s game with Southampton with “Little Boy Jermain” and “The Boy Crouchy” paired together in attack that we’d probably have Harry Redknapp as manager bad knees or no bad knees. You’re telling me this knee problem is considerably worse than three weeks ago after Burnley, or two weeks ago after Man Utd, when a departure would have left a successor with transfer window to spare, or yesterday even?

We didn’t float in on the last onion boat here you know.

Truth is, this is the last stop Harry Redknapp can get off at where he’d be able to pitch relegation as not being his fault. Bravely rescued shambolic club after relegation (which he spent £25m trying to avoid and failed), promoted them straight back in glorious circumstances (spending more than anybody else in the league), only to then have his hands tied behind his back in the January transfer window when reinforcements were needed (after spending £30m on nine players during the summer). That’s the line you’ll get, and this time next year when QPR are God knows where and Harry’s knees are in tip top shape again, he’ll be in that chair on Match of the Day pitching for another job.

For whoever that club is, remember this… you don’t realise just how much he’s doing your head in until he leaves

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/37757

• Upvote 1

I see him more stuffed and mounted behind the wheel of his Merc with the window half down .

He can be wheeled out in front of the cameras every transfer deadline day to the soundtrack of El Cid ( the bit where did Charlton Heston is strapped into the saddle to lead his troops into battle )

• 1 year later...

You have to admire Redknapp he's now franchising "proper football man" around the globe.

Harry Redknapp got off to a shaky start in his latest position as Central Coast Mariners’ “football consultant” with the experienced English coach getting the name of his new club wrong in a radio interview and indicating he would not be visiting Australia in his new role.

The Mariners revealed at the club’s end-of-season awards night last week that the 69-year-old would be taking on a part-time role, with chief executive Mike Charlesworth saying he expected Redknapp to visit Central Coast on “at least two occasions during the season and hopefully more during the off season”.

But Redknapp didn’t appear to be on the same page as his new employer when asked on talkSPORT radio in the UK on Tuesday about his involvement on the ground in Australia.

“No, no, I won’t be going. It’s a long way,” Redknapp said. “Thirty-odd hours on a plane. I came home the other week and it took me a week to recover. It’s a long way but it’s a fantastic country when you get there.”

Redknapp’s brief at the Mariners is to put the club on the global map by using his connections around the world, but he may well be advised to consult an atlas himself before embarking on his latest football venture on New South Wales’ central coast.

When asked the name of his new club, he replied: “It’s the South Coast Mariners. I met the owner, he’s a great guy, an English guy. Peter Storrie’s involved and they’ve got an English coach as well. They asked me if I would do a bit as an advisor.”

Redknapp, currently in a mentoring role at Derby County, most recently took up a two-game stint as coach of Jordan’s national side, overseeing an 8-0 win over Bangladesh before taking a 5-1 hammering by the Socceroos in the final game of the most recent phase of World Cup qualifying in the Asian conference.

Advertisement

Redknapp knows Storrie, the Mariners’ executive vice chairman, well – the pair worked together when Redknapp managed West Ham United and they joined forces again later at Portsmouth.

Charlesworth talked up Redknapp’s appointment, saying last week he was one of the biggest signings in the club’s history.

“Redknapp is a very well respected EPL [English Premier League] coach and has been for many years with the likes of West Ham, Portsmouth and Spurs,” Charlesworth said. “He’s a BBC football pundit and one of the greatest football characters in the game today.

“In the interest of assisting our coaches and staff, assisting the Mariners commercially and help to put them on the global map we’ve just made one of our biggest signings and that’s Harry himself joining the Mariners on a part-time basis.

“Just like Peter Storrie, Harry will be visiting the Coast on at least two occasions during the season and hopefully more during the off season and I think this great news and another huge step forward in the club’s development.”

The Mariners picked up the 2015-16 A-League season’s wooden spoon, finishing 12 points adrift at the bottom of the ladder having picked up just three wins and a total of 13 points from 27 games.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/04/harry-redknapp-says-he-will-not-visit-australia-in-new-role-with-south-coast-mariners?CMP=share_btn_tw

He should be on our transfer committee, if anyone wants to say I'm trolling please give a reason as I don't think his eye for a player can be questioned.

I'm not saying have him making decisions at the club, just pay him to watch matches and when he spots a top talent he tells us instead of the press.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Depends how badly you want us to sign Defoe, or Kranjcar, or Crouch, or Kaboul, or Chimbonda, or Samba, or...

Crouch was one of the biggest losses LFC has had and I was not his biggest fan, he left because Torres was here and the following season Torres injury problems started.Id like to see someone ask him if he regrets leaving as if he had stayed he would have played a lot of games and may still be here, Rafa wouldn't have been sacked that season either and we would probably have got cl.

You haven't mentioned players Harry signed like Lloris, Vertonghen, Van der Vaart etc etc.Over the years I've heard him say players would be stars years before they were aswell like Lampard, Ramsey, Glen Johnson and a lot more.