You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Supporter Ownership Announcement

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity why did share Liverpool refuse to join forces with SOS?

Surely if both parties are after the same ends why would they refuse to join SOS?

Share Liverpool had their first meeting on the same day as the meeting at The Sandon from which SOS was formed. The Share Liverpool meeting was earlier in the evening. One fan who went to both said that Rogan Taylor made a sneering comment about a small group of fans meeting in a pub corner in reference to The Sandon meeting.

That probably answers your question.

Oh, and may I take this opportunity to add that Rogan Taylor is a euro-loving cunt.

OK, since it's just numbers, go through it.

The club costs £500M. 800,001 people buy shares. 800,000 put £500 in each, you put in £100M. That makes £500M.

You have £100M invested in this club. Chippo has £500. Player A is 32, coming to the end of his career, and is the target of a £40M bid from Umbongo City Athletic. You want to sell him (and rightly so). Chippo says no, and his vote means Player A stays, and you' re left with a player that is over the hill next season, you've lost that £40M and have to shell out more money on Player A's replacement.

Chippo's £500 share over-ruled your £100M investment. Good business? Or is it OK, 'cause it's LFC, and heart rules head, etc?

If Supporter ownership is going to have a chance to succeed you have to allow wealthy supporters to invest more than £500. None of the investors should (or could) ofcourse be involved football decisions with the day to day running of the club. They can wote for board members and thats it.

However, someone who invests £100M needs to get something that the £500 investor doesnt get..

Not if we said a share cost £500 as a minimum but you could put in any sum you wanted to acquire a share but cannot have more than say, five shares.

I could invest £100M for 5 shares worth £2500. 3 years go by. Someone comes in a makes a bid for the club. I just have my 5 votes and the majority decides to sell the club. I get around £2500 back for my £100M investment.

I would need some security for my investment.

I didn't ask for a textbook biased political response. But anyway, purchased locally? To educate people that already know the situation? Top job.

You spent thousands on billboards and posters to educate people. Now, presuming most people in Liverpool know the situation, you're looking at educating OOTers, daytrippers.

Yet nowhere did the posters mention Hicks and Gillette. Tom and George? Tom who? Tom Selleck? Tom and Jerry? George who? George Harrison? George and Mildred? Boy George? Which Tom and George are you referring to?

Not Welcome Here! Not welcome where? Doesn't make any mention of Liverpool Football Club, Anfield, RBS, Kop Holding, nothing, no relevant information included whatsoever to highlight the cause. Nothing.

The killer is the arrogance portrayed by SoS in assuming your logo is enough to interest people. Put a BMW sign on there, I know what the company and product is. Put a Nike or Adidas logo on there, I know what I'm looking at. The same fans you aim for are the same ones who aren't old enough to remember Shankly, generations have passed since then. The same fans who, as can be seen on this forum, read The S*n online. The same fans who aren't old enough to remember Hysel or Hillsborough. And you think your logo is important enough to sway people into parting with their hard earned cash? Unbelievable, Jeff.

You think because you know who you are that everyone else does, and that self-importance has resulted in pissing a lot of people's money down the drain. The exposure was far less than you claim.

You should be so lucky as to have things associated with yourselves, because it seems there are far more people, rightly or wrongly, willing to do something in the name of this club than you yourselves are.

As for the second bit ... Join. Don't think so. Suggest a boycott? Again, don't think so. I don't need your permission to make a stand, and neither does anyone else. Maybe get my way if I ask nicely? Get t'fuck. I do that myself. I don't go to the games. I don't subscribe to Sky. I don't buy any LFC merchandise (expect when I'm in SE Asia). I don't visit the Site. I cancelled my LFC credit card, my Orange contract, everything, and I told them all why. Petty? Maybe, but at least it's a start.

What sacrifice do YOU make? Protest does not exist without personal sacrifice. Trouble is there are far too many wanting the first and far too few not willing to suffer the latter. You included. Maybe if you lot made more of a sacrifice you'd have more members.

Bad tit.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Bad tit.

Excellent rebuff. You're exactly the sort of person the Supporter Ownership group are looking for: retards who don't question anything. After all, if they're against the yanks, they must be ok.

When you contribute your hard-earned, this is the business model you'll be following:

Supporter's stake ... ... will succeed or fail pretty quickly.

If you aim for the moon, you will fall amongst the stars.

Sorry if i'm stating the bleedin obvious but fan ownership works at three of the biggest clubs in the world - barcelona, real madrid and bayern munich are all 'fan owned'

its not a question of can - its a question of how to make it work here

at bayern they have CEO's from many of Germany's leading corporations on their board - the club is something like 80% owned by fans and 20% owned by big firms like adidas

at Barcelona they have an elected president

its not a question of each fan votes on Player a or picks the team - the fans empower a board of professionals to do their job - they elect their leaders, agree policies - and those people are answerable to the fans for their decisions - it would be up to us what powers they have -how often they are elected etc.

the worrying thing on here is three years on from share liverpool kicking off at least 75% of fans have no clue what its about - they have seriously failed to get their message out and its because they aimed it at middle class 5K punters instead of normal fans - and I'm appalled they haven't tried to build with the union and instead want to carry on pissing in the wind on their own - the only way this works - the only chance we have is to get together - - be bigger than all the small minded politics and get rid of the two bastards who own us

good news the union are moving forward disgusted they couldn't work together

Guest Super Sub

The problem is not whether it will work or not but getting £500 million - £800 million and then £350 million for a staduim on top of that is not an easy thing to do!

I could invest £100M for 5 shares worth £2500. 3 years go by. Someone comes in a makes a bid for the club. I just have my 5 votes and the majority decides to sell the club. I get around £2500 back for my £100M investment.

I would need some security for my investment.

The larger institutional investors don't purchase "supporter" shares they are investors who get a return on their investment. That would be cheaper than servicing loans.

Obviously the larger their stake then the larger the say they would have - that is only natural. We all recognise we can't buy the Club outright with supporters' money.

I didn't ask for a textbook biased political response. But anyway, purchased locally? To educate people that already know the situation? Top job.

You spent thousands on billboards and posters to educate people. Now, presuming most people in Liverpool know the situation, you're looking at educating OOTers, daytrippers.

Yet nowhere did the posters mention Hicks and Gillette. Tom and George? Tom who? Tom Selleck? Tom and Jerry? George who? George Harrison? George and Mildred? Boy George? Which Tom and George are you referring to?

Not Welcome Here! Not welcome where? Doesn't make any mention of Liverpool Football Club, Anfield, RBS, Kop Holding, nothing, no relevant information included whatsoever to highlight the cause. Nothing.

The killer is the arrogance portrayed by SoS in assuming your logo is enough to interest people. Put a BMW sign on there, I know what the company and product is. Put a Nike or Adidas logo on there, I know what I'm looking at. The same fans you aim for are the same ones who aren't old enough to remember Shankly, generations have passed since then. The same fans who, as can be seen on this forum, read The S*n online. The same fans who aren't old enough to remember Hysel or Hillsborough. And you think your logo is important enough to sway people into parting with their hard earned cash? Unbelievable, Jeff.

You think because you know who you are that everyone else does, and that self-importance has resulted in pissing a lot of people's money down the drain. The exposure was far less than you claim.

You should be so lucky as to have things associated with yourselves, because it seems there are far more people, rightly or wrongly, willing to do something in the name of this club than you yourselves are.

As for the second bit ... Join. Don't think so. Suggest a boycott? Again, don't think so. I don't need your permission to make a stand, and neither does anyone else. Maybe get my way if I ask nicely? Get t'fuck. I do that myself. I don't go to the games. I don't subscribe to Sky. I don't buy any LFC merchandise (expect when I'm in SE Asia). I don't visit the Site. I cancelled my LFC credit card, my Orange contract, everything, and I told them all why. Petty? Maybe, but at least it's a start.

What sacrifice do YOU make? Protest does not exist without personal sacrifice. Trouble is there are far too many wanting the first and far too few not willing to suffer the latter. You included. Maybe if you lot made more of a sacrifice you'd have more members.

HAHAHAHAHA! Political, social, class, tribal, media warrior all in one person! Well done.

Nob.

but thats where fan ownership comes in - if its made clear any other owners will not be welcome , their profits will be restricted etc, if the fans are the only people they can sell to the price has to come down

first get the price down to a realistic current valuation - 300 mil which should mean its sold as a going concern top players and all - any lower and its a fire sale

then work out what type of debt the club itself could support based on turnover and still have money to invest in players thats 100 million which we'd work to get down and would be loaned against the worth of the club a 30% mortgage if you like

then work out how much investment would be required to ensure a majority fan holding 149 million but with right for a stadium build and share of profit probably

that means the fans themselves would need to raise about 50 million not 500 million - bearing in mind the two leeches bought the club with fuck all

I know its all a pipe dream - it needs investors, still needs 50 mil from us , needs the fans to act as one but it wouldn't need 500 mil or even close

so fan ownership could work, the maths could work but it would need incredible leadership and a hell of a lot of guts and faith from us because everybody and his dog would be telling us it can't work and a million reasons why

Fans group ‘has money in place’ for Liverpool move | Liverpool - Times Online

Moves to turn Liverpool into the first Barclays Premier League club owned by their own supporters have taken a step forward after the board of ShareLiverpoolFC confirmed it has the funds in place to underwrite a full share issue.

With dissension over the ownership regime of Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr reaching new heights in recent weeks after Liverpool’s debt levels rose to an unprecedented £351million, ShareLiverpool is hoping to turn the tangible discord into a credible collective effort by supporters to buy a stake in the club.

The bid, which has the backing of a number of former Liverpool players including John Aldridge and John Barnes, had been in danger of failing in its infancy because of an inability to put together the six-figure sum necessary to underwrite it. However, funding has been provided to ensure that it can move to the next stage, which will involve fans being asked to commit to investing a minimum of £500 a share in the not for profit scheme.

ShareLiverpool officials believe that there are more than 4 million Liverpool fans in the UK and Ireland and are looking to tap into the huge interest that exists in the Merseyside club at home and abroad.

“I’m delighted ShareLiverpoolFC is now able to push on and issue the share offer,” Aldridge, who is on the board of the fans group, said. “We’ll need a tremendous response from the fans but I think millions of them are desperately worried about the current situation both on and off the field. At last, they’ve got a chance to actually to do something about it. Our fans have brought us ‘back from the dead’ in matches many times before: think only of the ‘miracle’ of Istanbul.

“They can do it again – this time at the heart of the club itself.”

The aim of the scheme is to emulate the model of European clubs such as Bayern Munich, where supporters own 80 per cent of the club. “ShareLiverpoolFC board will now look to specify a date for a share issue later this summer,” Dr Rogan Taylor, a founder member, said.

“This is a serious and rigorously professional undertaking and we believe our core aspiration is both desirable and deliverable. This is our time. It presents the best – and perhaps the only chance – of fans gaining control or at the very least a significant equity stake in the club they love and support.”

I don't need your permission to make a stand, and neither does anyone else.

Well make one then.

Go on, what's stopping you?

Then maybe we can all sit on here playing the chin rubbers and acting more intelligent than we really are, umming and arrrring over whether or not to join you, throwing up objections, one after the other, not sure if you're making enough of a sacrifice or not.

This isn't the fight of the unions, this is OUR fight, us, Liverpool supporters.

Difference with Share Liverpool is if the Union cocks up or it makes an announcement then we are rightly held to account and we don't hide we issue releases and also engage through the press and forums to answer.

How do you get any answers from SL aboiut who is underwriting these costs and how much?

Wonder who that might be?

Barca’s membership I think costs about 200 euros and gets discounts on season tickets, other tickets and opportunity to buy them earlier, etc. Discounts on club stuff, as well as off the basketball team. They also get the right to vote in presidential elections.

They currently have 170,000 members, so that’s a nice 34 million euros per year prior to the revenue from match tickets.

If we could do something like this it would be brilliant.

Unfortunately the supporters would need to get the money together to buy the club first which is a whole different kettle of fish, and the very difficult part.

Wonder if something could be arranged where the proposal could be that membership costs £150 year, and that if people are willing to put in £500 now they get three years included? At least that would give people more of a carrot, if the club was bought.

Also could a charitable trust be set up for larger donations from supporters or businesses?

It's still a long bloody way to £300 million.