You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if we're still talking about the 5 year thing as I got a little bored but I'd just like to point out that (and this is completely without facts or research) 95% of managers don't stay in the same job for more than 5 years so at any one point 95% of all clubs would have a manager of less than 5 years. Those are pretty favourable odds, 1/20 I think, of one of those sub 5 year managers winning the league.

Also bare in mind, in one of those leagues i.e. la liga you can get the sack despite winning the league!

If Rafa is such a great manager in the transfer market, why did he not buy Barry for around £6-7M the summer before it was just before he sold his own house to get him, why did he not bring in Johnson earlier and a lot cheaper as well, both players who has played in this league every year since Rafa came here.

Where these players new to him, you would not think so?

I`m sure there are other examples as well, but these are recent ones.

If Rafa is such a great manager in the transfer market, why did he not buy Barry for around £6-7M the summer before it was just before he sold his own house to get him, why did he not bring in Johnson earlier and a lot cheaper as well, both players who has played in this league every year since Rafa came here.

:wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, eh?

Look at the squad, Rafa inherited. Look at our squad now. And then please shut the fuck up.

So players can't get better? Why did Chelsea let Johnson go rather than try (and fail) to get him back for £17m a couple of years later? And while we're on it, why didn't Real try that bit harder to get Xabi in 2004? Or Barca with Mascherano from West Ham? Repeat to fade...

I don't believe the UEFA quota system was looking so certain back then.

If Rafa was a decent manager he'd have jacked off Gareth Barrys dad 30 years ago and taken one of the sperm and put in the microwave for 9 months until Gareth arrived, therefore getting him cheap.

PS Code72 is crazy.

Not bored yet? The 5 year thing was introduced by Code72 and people were referring to that so I did to.

Lets leave it to something recent and something easier defined... how about:

In the last 20 years... Name me a manager of La Liga, PL or Serie A team who has won the league for the first time after being in charge for more than 3 years. (except teams inherited in the 2nd division)...

They all won it with other peoples players though, so it doesnt count.

(I'll get me coat)

Roberto: I'm thinking of a number between one and ten. Guess it and you die first.

Bender: Erm, er, Fifty-Six.

Roberto: Fifty-six? Fifty-six!? That's all I can think about now. I'll kill you, you no good fifty-sixin...

Like when he tried to sign Johnson for 8 million you mean?

So players can't get better? Why did Chelsea let Johnson go rather than try (and fail) to get him back for £17m a couple of years later? And while we're on it, why didn't Real try that bit harder to get Xabi in 2004? Or Barca with Mascherano from West Ham? Repeat to fade...

A manager should be able to spot possible ability and know how he could make certain players into great players, Rafa obviously thinks he has this ability, if not, how the fuck do you explain the signings of players like N`Gog and Lucas?

That's because they get the sack at big clubs if they don't challenge for and/or win the league in the first 5 years.

Then you're happy with Rafa cos he challenged in his 5th year?

Glad that seems to be cleared up, you can stop going on about it now.

A website administrator should be able to spot possible ability and know how he could make certain posters into great posters, Mr Usher obviously thinks he has this ability, if not, how the fuck do you explain the signings of posters like Code72 and ToxtethTerror?

A manager should be able to spot possible ability and know how he could make certain players into great players, Rafa obviously thinks he has this ability, if not, how the fuck do you explain the signings of players like N`Gog and Lucas?

Edited by jackofdk
Fuck it, can't be arsed with the nonsense.

Fine. Well Ferguson should have bought Valencia before Wigan got him, Ferdinand before Leeds got him, Carrick before Spurs got him etc. The fact that these players improved greatly at the aforementioned clubs, as well as the fact that Ferguson possibly didn't need them before the time he bought them is obviously moot.

You need some poonie and you need it bad.

code, the size of your ego is astounding,

fair play, there's nothing wrong with a bit of confidence but you cant seem to accept that anyone, be they a european cup winning manager or an average joe on here, could possibly be better equipped to manage or have more knowledge of the game then yourself

are you like this with your mates down the pub?

code, the size of your ego is astounding,

fair play, there's nothing wrong with a bit of confidence but you cant seem to accept that anyone, be they a european cup winning manager or an average joe on here, could possibly be better equipped to manage or have more knowledge of the game then yourself

are you like this with your mates down the pub?

"with your mates"

I have never said Ferguson is great in the transfer market have I, I actually think he has made a lot of poor signings, he knows how to get the best out them though, in my opinion the mancs had the worst "first 11" in the top 3 this season.

Rafa`s transfer record is a joke the way I see it he has made a few great signings, most in his first few years in the job, Alonso and Reina, he also signed Mascherano and Torres both great players when we signed them and not exactly bargains either.

Apart from that, there are nothing I would use as an argument to praise his ability in the transfer market.

If we had someone else in charge of getting the players in and Rafa had to work with what he got I think we would have won the league by now because he is a great coach, but he is also limited because of his own ideas about the game.