You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wenger Leaving?

ToxtethTerror

Rumours going round on 5 Live that Wenger might be leaving this summer after disagreements with board member Danny Fitzman. Fitzman is apparently pissed off that experienced players don't get replaced properly and there are players at the club (Van Persie, Fabregas) who want to leave if they don't win anything thise season.

So long without a trophy and a soft center in his team was always going to come home to roost.

I wonder where he will end up... Man City?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumours going round on 5 Live that Wenger might be leaving this summer after disagreements with board member Danny Fitzman. Fitzman is apparently pissed off that experienced players don't get replaced properly and there are players at the club (Van Persie, Fabregas) who want to leave if they don't win anything thise season.

So long without a trophy and a soft center in his team was always going to come home to roost.

I caught the report of the game before just as it finished.The whistling and not sure if it was booing at the end of the match was loud very loud from the fans.

I dont think his job there is as safe as it once was.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Danny Fiszman only ever bought into Arsenal as an investment for his kids, and had little interest in football beforehand.

His family's background is/was in diamond dealing

Might have something to do with his shareholding multiplying in value beyond his wildest dreams and he is trying to engineer a way out by selling out to Usmanov or AN.Other and having a ready made excuse to hand.

As opposed to having to admit that he wants to take the money and run, as the price he would get now is potentially alot less than what he may get in the future.

I doubt very much that this will result in Wenger leaving, if there is any movement at all, it is far more likely it will result in Fiszman selling his stake.

He wouldn't be the first major shareholder at Arsenal to reduce or totally sell their shareholding in the last 12 months.

Guest Ibetitsme7

can't see this rumour lasting 24 hours even

Wenger loves that club, after all, they named it after him

Arsenal seem pretty good at keeping things in-house to me so wouldn't wipe my arse on a 5Live rumour

I can see them losing a few players this summer though, that I can believe

I reckon they'll let Fabregas go. Difficult to see how all these attacking players fit in and they'd get big money for Fabregas, although I don't think he's as good as other people seem to think. That lad Ramsey looks like a good prospect and they've got all sorts of others (Vela, Wilshere...) coming through

don't reckon there'd be too many tears shed down there if either Adebayor or vanPersie went either, so could be a few of Arsenal's bigger players off

I don't reckon they'd miss the egotistical twats that much and they'd do nicely out of it financially. They might well come back stronger next season, especially if he buys some decent defensive players

Arsenal are a bunch of fannies. Winger has been talking about his young prospects for ages - yeah bollocks. Deliver fuck-all at teh end of the season. Sure nice and pretty to watch.

FFS Arsehairshaver? Yes, brilliant, pretty, lovely, but they need a couple of hard cunts in thier squad (not thick cunts such as Ebouseless(

Arsenal are a bunch of fannies. Winger has been talking about his young prospects for ages - yeah bollocks. Deliver fuck-all at teh end of the season. Sure nice and pretty to watch.

FFS Arsehairshaver? Yes, brilliant, pretty, lovely, but they need a couple of hard cunts in thier squad (not thick cunts such as Ebouseless(

I wish one summer we got the players Arsenal sign and Arsenal fans will wish they get the players we sign!

Can't see it, but if he did and there was a mass exodus, we should bid for Van Persie - fucking class that lad.

If we had 2 quality attacking full backs, then Van Persie and Walcott would fit perfectly into our system playing on the left and right hand side of the 3 behind Torres.

I don't know if thats a good thing or not. There have been conflicting reports about the amount of dough he has to spend, and whether or not he was just sticking with youngsters. It was obvious to everyone he needed 2/3 players, and while he had a talented bunch of players he had bought on the cheap, some of them just were not up to it. Didn't help that they never replaced Flamini either.

I've never considered Arsenal in the top tier of clubs, so I could see them falling away quickly if they sacked Wenger and didn't make a good choice with his replacement.

Sooner or later he's going to have to change his policy of building for the future. You can't keep building for tomorrow if tomorrow never comes.

This team of promising kids has had potential for 3 seasons and they haven't gone anywhere. By the time they all mature the team will have broken up and they'll be too far behind the rest anyway.

Him spending big on Arshavin has come too late. And he went in big on the wrong position too.

When you think how long and how much it took Ferguson to replace Keane, there has got to be question marks about a manager who lets Gilberto, Flamini and Diarra go all around the same time. Not only do they need someone to do that role, but they will waste Fabregas' talent by not having a proper partner for him.

Villa are starting to look jaded now so Arsenal could still easily qualify for the CL. If they do his recent underachievment will again be overlooked and the youth policy will be justified by all and sundry.

Everton have an easier run in, they could yet pip them. Do you think this Arsenal team has the balls for a tough run-in? I don't.