You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My Dog goes ape shit whenever I use tape measure and also whenever I get a black bin bag out. I mean really mad trying to bite the things out of my hand and yelping like they're evil like.

I haven't got a clue why though, any ideas anyone??

Hoovers are different as they present a different challenge to the dog like a car. They either have experience of them when young or they don't and never recover.

The most likely explantion though is that your dog has no repsect for you and likes the objects for some reason. When you get them out the dog decides that those toys belong to him/her(bitch) and therefore is 'claiming' them. Failing that you are encouraging your presumably bored dog to get some attention by being what we describe as a bit naughty.

I do this job. Best just take him for a walk.

Well the only relation I can get out of the bin bag thing is our cat died a few years back and some neighbour kindly gave us it back in a bin bag. The dog was'nt particularly close to the cat though they just sort of co-existed.

As for the tape measure, fuck knows, I don't keep the dogs lead anywhere near it though. She's quite a well behaved dog though thats the thing, but it all goes out the window when she hears that tape measure or you rustle a bin bag.

Weird.

Well the only relation I can get out of the bin bag thing is our cat died a few years back and some neighbour kindly gave us it back in a bin bag. The dog was'nt particularly close to the cat though they just sort of co-existed.

As for the tape measure, fuck knows, I don't keep the dogs lead anywhere near it though. She's quite a well behaved dog though thats the thing, but it all goes out the window when she hears that tape measure or you rustle a bin bag.

Weird.

She thinks you are going to stick her in a bin bag and measure out a proper grave!!!

They hear every crease of the binbag on a microaudio level but you can read into it what you want really, it probably just reminds him her of a toy or playtime that they enjoyed. Same principles I use everyday really as I never use food for getting what I want from the dog.

On another dog related note.

I was in Nepal not so long ago telling the chief of police in his office that they should use pigs rather than dogs for drug detection as they have a nose multiple time better than a dogs and I can train them to shit on the same 2p coin every time if they want.

You should have seen his face he thought I was joking about him being a pig. After I calmed him down he said 'But how are we going to look on parade with pigs, no one will take it seriously' I told him if he was serious about finding drugs then they were the better option, such snobbery is the reason why some middle class peoples kids life is being destroyed so maybe not such a bad thing.