You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just so you know, the Sandon incident....

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else is new?

They routinely cross the line from 'having a go' to 'full on liverpool hate dripping from their papers'.

And that is when they have little to work on

We have just given them the big green light to go to fucking town on us

It doesn't matter, Stan, you know how the press like to portray the people of Liverpool. The main person to blame, isn't the people on forums, it's the whopper that did it.

I must admit if I was there and seen the yank parade himself, I would have been tempted myself.

I seen Moores in Criket the other week and nearly give him a mouth full but thought better of it.

The press have there minds made up about us and it will never change, it is ingrained. What we do is stand together and unite and it may not have been the best thing to do but I really cannot condone it. Some may find that sad but that is honestly the way I feel.

He was a prick for going there and he got a slap, fuck him and his da.

And that is when they have little to work on

We have just given them the big green light to go to fucking town on us

What exactly are you worried about Andy? That other people apart from Liverpool fans in the country will think we're scum? Most of them think that anyway.

What happened.............l demand to know. ....please

Ok...

In a nutshell: Tommy Hicks Jr decided it was a bright idea to walk into the Sandon after the match against Boro.

Some lads took exception to him being well... in liverpool, i reckon, and someone threw a punch at him.

No confirmation of a connection but Hicks' security managed to break it up and then the people there drowned the three of them in ale before/during they made their escape.

What exactly are you worried about Andy? That other people apart from Liverpool fans in the country will think we're scum? Most of them think that anyway.

Mick, it runs deeper than that. Until this, the press had been quite sympathetic and had been quite anti Gillett and Hicks, we could have used them - for want of a better expression - to help publicise the issues but incidents like this are going to make them less sympathetic. That's before you acknowledge the wrongs and rights of the incident. At first, it sounds funny, some little urchin chinned Tommy Hicks' son but after the initial chuckle, you realise, or at least I did that it's not on.

Take your head out of your arse, this does not help us in any way shape or form at all

At the end of the day the press will not get rid of those two, sadly yesterday might.

I agree to a point about the rights and wrongs but the biggest wrong of the lot was him putting himself there.

Mick, I couldnt really give two shites about what they think in general

But just because someone thinks you a fucking animal, it does not mean that you have to behave like one

Ok...

In a nutshell: Tommy Hicks Jr decided it was a bright idea to walk into the Sandon after the match against Boro.

Some lads took exception to him being well... in liverpool, i reckon, and someone threw a punch at him.

No confirmation of a connection but Hicks' security managed to break it up and then the people there drowned the three of them in ale before/during they made their escape.

You dirty Yank bastards, get out of our Pub :whistle:

What happened.............l demand to know. ....please

It differs from account to account

to having songs shouted at him and being told to leave

to having songs shouted at him, being told to leave and having beer thrown at him

to all of the above plus someone trying to lamp him one

to everything plus having glasses thrown at him

first hand accounts tend towards the first one but that isnt so dramatic and you can bet which one the press will use

At the end of the day the press will not get rid of those two, sadly yesterday might.

I agree to a point about the rights and wrongs but the biggest wrong of the lot was him putting himself there.

I don't think someone like this would 'get rid of them' but it would definately show that they are hated in a very personal level on Merseyside.

So running a business and annoying Liverpool fans is the equivalent of breaking into someone's house and raping their wife? Jesus, I'm not sticking up for the Americans here, but some people need to get some fucking life perspective here. This fervent extremism is pathetic.

Ok Chris agree it was an extreme comparisson but to some people Liverpool is their life. That is the one they have and choose to follow.

He made a bad error of judgement, maybe got a half a slap and got a beer shampoo, fucken hell he got of light.

I do now after reading a few peoples views on it, that it was not the right thing to do but I still think he should have known better and stayed away.

Ok...

.....cheers

And rightly so in this case. How we can expect to garner any kind of sympathy from the pen pushers in the press - who might have a little bit of power in raising awareness and bringing people to the cause - when there are mindless wankers out there perpetrating that kind of sickening idiocy is well beyond me.

The attitude from the outside now? "Fuck 'em they deserve everything they get."

Nice one lads. Done your club proud there.

Chris, your spot on.

How the fuck is can anyone, whether its The Echo, SOS or the man on the fucking street stand up and defend us after something like this.

The sad thing is it wouldn't have even registered on the map of the national press had it not been for a load of soft cunt internet warriors gloating about it.

Ok Chris agree it was an extreme comparisson but to some people Liverpool is their life. That is the one they have and choose to follow.

He made a bad error of judgement, maybe got a half a slap and got a beer shampoo, fucken hell he got of light.

I do now after reading a few peoples views on it, that it was not the right thing to do but I still think he should have known better and stayed away.

Liverpool is my life

Doesn't mean I have to act like a fucking tool, nor does it give me license too

I don't think someone like this would 'get rid of them' but it would definately show that they are hated in a very personal level on Merseyside.

Sorry that was my point as usual not put across in the right way.

For him to go into the pub they really must not know how dispised they are. I know for sure that if it was my son in the same circumstances he would not have been in Liverpool, never mind the pub.

'

To be honest Coop fuck joe public do you let someone enter your house and rape the wife, do you fuck and that is what they have done.

Sometimes in desperate times it takes desperate measures and at least if they had any lingering doubts as to their popularity, they will now know the answer.

We are not Weetabix.

no, that's just shite. This guys dad brought a company, legally, noone was raped. sometimes fans need to get a grip. if your mother, sister, wife or daughter were raped i doubt you'd be comparing the two.