Quantcast
Rate the last film you watched... - Page 803 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Elite

Rate the last film you watched...

Downfall, brilliant film about Hitler's final days in his bunker...9/10

I went to the pictures to see that in 2004 & recorded it off the telly last night.

Tremendous film although maybe not a first date-type, popcorn, soda & drive thru, one for the family style comedy caper.

• Upvote 1

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCdZpjfIaj0

other parts in "Up next"

• Upvote 1

I watched Pans Labyrinth for the first time last night, really enjoyed it, good storytelling & some really gruesome bits, 8/10.

I've decided I'm going to watch more subtitled films, it stops me from dicking about on my phone so any suggestions are welcome.

Das Boot

The Lives of Others

Mesrine

City of God

Delicatessen

• Upvote 3

Ok watch Der Baader Meinhoff Complex

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765432/

• Upvote 1

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/18706/the-top-50-foreign-language-films-of-the-last-decade

Can't go wrong with most of these. 

• Upvote 3

The Battle Of Algiers

Army Of Shadows

Persona

Bande a Part

L' Avventura.

If you enjoyed Pans Labyrinth you could give Del Toro's other early works ago -

The Devil's Backbone

Cronos

Almodovar's The Skin I Live In is pretty good, really messed up.

• Upvote 3

Out of rep, thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have a look for some of them on Netflix this week.

I'm going to refer to myself as a 'culture vulture' when I've seen a good few of these, I'll probably get a smoking jacket, aviators & ram a tin of baked beans up my arse as well.

• Upvote 1

The Battle Of Algiers

Army Of Shadows

Persona

Bande a Part

L' Avventura.

If you enjoyed Pans Labyrinth you could give Del Toro's other early works ago -

The Devil's Backbone

Cronos

Almodovar's The Skin I Live In is pretty good, really messed up.

I too was going to suggest Devils Backbone and Cronos.

I also suggest Julias Eyes and Timecrimes as a couple of other decent Spanish offerings.

Yup, very peculiar film Pan's Labyrinth, part fairytale, part horror, some exceptionally brutal parts.

Exellent film, ambiguous ending, never a bad thing.

The best film I've seen this year was black and white with subtitles, Embrace Of The Serpent. Phenomenal film, light years away from all the Hollywood and super hero hustle and bustle.

I saw it on SALTS on Kodi.

I've watched some of the old Charlie Chan movies, there are almost 50 of them. Most (all?) of them are public domain now and on Youtube. Hilariously racist at times but really entertaining.

various/10

Me and the missus refer to our lads as number 1 and number 2 sons in tribute to watching those films. Warner Oland was actually Swedish,I believe. Keye Luke(number 1 son) died back in 1991.

• Upvote 1

Me and the missus refer to our lads as number 1 and number 2 sons in tribute to watching those films. Warner Oland was actually Swedish,I believe. Keye Luke(number 1 son) died back in 1991.

The put-downs of his children are hilarious. He has 14 kids!

Youtube also made me aware of the somewhat similar "Mr. Wong" movies with Boris Karloff, also produced by Monogram Pictures.

The put-downs of his children are hilarious. He has 14 kids!

Youtube also made me aware of the somewhat similar "Mr. Wong" movies with Boris Karloff, also produced by Monogram Pictures.

Probably should be retitled Mr Wrong these days.

Dr Strange

Very good

Great first appearance and the effects immense. Only watched in 2D as my 3D gives me a headache