You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

She's an annoying little twat in those horrendous pitch perfect films my daughters have made me suffer through, and Star Wars is shite!

The case for the prosecution rests!

Your entire case is objected to for being entirely argumentative and containing no evidence whatsoever.

27 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Your entire case is objected to for being entirely argumentative and containing no evidence whatsoever.

If I may beg your honours indulgence:

Anna Kendrick is annoying little twat. This is a fact and is not up for debate.

She is an even more annoying twat in those horrendous pitch perfect films. Again this is a fact and not up for debate.

Star wars is fucking clown shoes. Those who like this piss poor film series are bad nerds and need a slap with a wet fish! Again this is a fact and not up for debate.

Once again the prosecution rests.

16 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

If I may beg your honours indulgence:

Anna Kendrick is annoying little twat. This is a fact and is not up for debate.

She is an even more annoying twat in those horrendous pitch perfect films. Again this is a fact and not up for debate.

Star wars is fucking clown shoes. Those who like this piss poor film series are bad nerds and need a slap with a wet fish! Again this is a fact and not up for debate.

Once again the prosecution rests.

She was in Twilight as well. Apparently 

Anger Management 

Not massive on Adam Sandler films but with Jack Nicholson in, this is funny as fuck. Another film I thought I'd seen years ago but hadn't. Pissed myself pretty much all of the way through. Jack Nicholson's dryness is just brilliant. Also, she doesn't get the recognition she deserves but the wonderful Marisa Tomei is in it and bumps a solid 7.5 to an 8. 

Marisa-Tomei-2007.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Anger Management 

Not massive on Adam Sandler films but with Jack Nicholson in, this is funny as fuck. Another film I thought I'd seen years ago but hadn't. Pissed myself pretty much all of the way through. Jack Nicholson's dryness is just brilliant. Also, she doesn't get the recognition she deserves but the wonderful Marisa Tomei is in it and bumps a solid 7.5 to an 8. 

Marisa-Tomei-2007.jpg

Now there's a proper woman.

The Killer.

I don’t know really. I enjoyed it, when I compare it to Fincher’s other work (Seven, Zodiac, Fight Club, Gone Girl etc) it’s a bit, I dunno…… basic?

It’s a solid enough film, it certainly isn’t bad. I just expected better. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

The Killer.

I don’t know really. I enjoyed it, when I compare it to Fincher’s other work (Seven, Zodiac, Fight Club, Gone Girl etc) it’s a bit, I dunno…… basic?

It’s a solid enough film, it certainly isn’t bad. I just expected better. 

I'm the same with it. It's not terrible but it's not something I'd watch again. 6/10.

It made me laugh though when I read some 'reviews' on Facebook from the Live, Laugh, Love brigade who didn't like it because nothing really happens and because of the narrative talking from the main character, same divvies that won't watch a film/show with subtitles.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Let's not get carried away thinking she wouldn't get a game. She certainly would. I'd just last a few seconds longer than with the likes of Gemma Arterton

anna-kendrick.jpg?w=1581&h=1054&crop=1

Gemma-Arterton.jpg

Happy to live next door to either 

Gemma A. used to attend the all girls school that backed on to my gran's house in Gravesend. So there's a remote possibility that I've seen (or spied) her prancing around, playing hockey or some other posh sport when I was an adolescent. If only I'd known she was destined to turn into a complete fox in her later years, nothing would have happened anyway. Obviously.

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Gemma A. used to attend the all girls school that backed on to my gran's house in Gravesend. So there's a remote possibility that I've seen (or spied) her prancing around, playing hockey or some other posh sport when I was an adolescent. If only I'd known she was destined to turn into a complete fox in her later years.

Nice try. 

37 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The Old Oak

Ropey acting aside, this is so on the money it's frightening.

We live amongst these bigots but they're so fucking thick that they could watch this on constant repeat without recognising themselves.

A film which needed making.

8.5/10 NERD

I've just read up on that after reading this. Ken Loach is usually bang on the money so I'll give this a go although I can feel my blood boiling already. I still haven't watched Belfast actually. 

Cobweb - 6.5/10. Decent enough horror that is creepy rather than horrific. It’s not difficult to work out what has been happening, but, while the last 15 minutes might be expected in terms of plot, the execution is very unexpected and throws up more questions than it answers. The ending is deeply unsatisfying as well.

• Upvote 1