You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meeting With Tom and George

HBenn

All,

This is my first post so go easy...I personally believe that George Gillett and Tom Hicks probably see Liverpool firmly as an investment but I would like to hear their views and also express my opinions to them on why I believe Rafa Benitez is essential to Liverpools' future.

With that in mind does anybody know if a forum could be set up with these guys so that we could do this. I mean I know that the Independent supporters association have nights where they have speakers, which Les Lawson comments about in the club programme and I know we have the AGM where Rick Parry and David Moores used to turn upto but that obviously isn't unitl March/April.

With both Gillett and Hicks over here for the United game in a few weeks and George Gillett saying how he loves to mingle with the fans in Canada ( I know, I know PR) would it be possible to set up a meeting then. Does anybody know!

I mean if it were feasible it could clear a lot of things up and if they turned the invite down with some crappy excuse then it isn't going to reflect well on them and their image in the media.

I live in the Midlands and a load of my mates are Villa fans and the Americans there have done some things like this to get their opinions and obviously it has added to their popularity but whether our chairmen would be as keen I don't know!!

What do people think?

haha agreed!

Welcome to posting Hbenn, but I doubt very much those two would consent to an uncensored discussion on LFC, it would be harmfull to their long-term goals IMO.

If it was censored language (swearing, and rightly text speak)only, then maybe it would work. But if they censored posts asking the real questions then, no chance.

The idea put forward is a great idea and I must compliment you on your first post. Very interesting and worth the lurking.

Keep up the good work.

Well from what I have read by Dave Usher, with regards to their supposed lack of interest in supporting Rafa, I wouldn't be suprised if they did try and duck a meeting. However, if they did that then they wouldn't be able to come out with all that stuff about caring about what the supporters think and if they really aren't interested in what the fans think it will expose that to everyone. Of course if they are interested and accept then it would help their PR and our understanding of what they are doing!

By the way, with regards to the lurkage, I am just a really slow reader and typist!<lol>

Well from what I have read by Dave Usher, with regards to their supposed lack of interest in supporting Rafa, I wouldn't be suprised if they did try and duck a meeting. However, if they did that then they wouldn't be able to come out with all that stuff about caring about what the supporters think and if they really aren't interested in what the fans think it will expose that to everyone. Of course if they are interested and accept then it would help their PR and our understanding of what they are doing!

By the way, with regards to the lurkage, I am just a really slow reader and typist!

And you were doing so well!