You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tennis

Remmie

12 minutes ago, redheart said:

FFS sake that ball was tapped backwards.

She went down like a dying swan. Pathetica

I don't think Novak should have been disqualified but he is a professional tennis player, even an underarm swing will have serious venom in it and I reckon would smart if you got twatted in the throat 

I love the US Open, absolutely my favourite Grand Slam, but for various reasons I've hardly watched any this year.  Then I read that Vika Azarenka beat Serena Williams in the semi final in an apparently brilliant match so I watched it on replay on Amazon Prime last night.  And it was fantastic, brilliant and brutal, the best women's match I have seen in probably 20 years so give it a watch if you have any interest.  

Williams played the best tennis I've ever seen her play but was bettered by Azarenka who lifted her game to another level particularly in the second set.

The lack of crowd was factor in the most positive of ways, both players were more focused and just fed off each other and you really felt (and heard) the intensity from both players as there was no crowd noise to drown it out, you could even hear Williams breathing in the later stages.

Brilliant stuff.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nadal will still be winning the French Open when he's like 50. 

I think this one would be his finest of all, given time of year, heavier balls used and even the roof being put on today all makes him more vulnerable.

If anyone can wipe this first set and start again mentally it’s Djokovic, but I’ve never seen anyone break him 3 times in a set, especially when he’s playing superbly himself.