You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How many of you are doing your sums?

loadsoftrophies

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely got me thinking.

But as someone on sky pointed out the other day that before we went on this ace run, we were 14 points behind United. if they win tomorrow, we'll still be 14 points behind them.

Was saying exactly the same thing to our Mike earlier. The problem we have is that you have to be so consistent to win the league, so the poor start has basically wrecked our chances.

For us to have any chance we need the mancs to have a spell like we had August-October, and it's just not going to happen.

Fancy a wager? ;-)

Nah not really, we should have done more earlier in the season when we took 2 points from 18 or somthing daft like that away from home. It's unlikely but if the Arse win tomorrow not out of the question.

Was saying exactly the same thing to our Mike earlier. The problem we have is that you have to be so consistent to win the league, so the poor start has basically wrecked our chances.

For us to have any chance we need the mancs to have a spell like we had August-October, and it's just not going to happen.

I think we all know its a bit unrealistic to catch manure but this result has breathed a lot of life into the club which it badly needed as now the team is in great form with the rest of the season and Barcelona to come.

The pressure is on Manchester United if they lose to Arsenal tomorrow. Their THIN, and old, midfield will have to stay healthy in order to keep going. They get a few injuries? Drop a few points? A few draws when we win, add losses to us at Anfield and we CAN win this title. Fuck all the negative shit.

It's still possible and goddamnit I believe in this club, roster, and manager.

Sorry, I meant as in taking the wager on Barney coming back... which would effectively be the same as us coming back...

If someone had bet me £50 that Barney would come back and win at 3-0 down, i'd have taken the bet and lost.

I'm a bit lost here mate!

The pressure is on Manchester United if they lose to Arsenal tomorrow. Their THIN, and old, midfield will have to stay healthy in order to keep going. They get a few injuries? Drop a few points? A few draws when we win, add losses to us at Anfield and we CAN win this title. Fuck all the negative shit.

It's still possible and goddamnit I believe in this club, roster, and manager.

Pressure?!

Eleven points!

Lots of ifs, buts and ands.

It will take a monumental lining of all the planets if we are to be Champions in May.

However, if we are going to dream than:

Roy Carroll plays a blinder at Old Trafford; we destroy Charlton at home and Everton are awarded a last minute penalty winner after a Johnson dive handing us the title.

As Dave so eloquently put it in one of his recent match reports, there is always a 'Blackburn' game from us just around the corner and when you're so far behind you can't afford that.

A fair point from Dave at the time, and our confidence is still a bit fragile despite today's performance and result. But with every successive game we win, the chances of a 'Blackburn game' diminish a bit more.

I've never written the title off, and I'm now confident we'll finish above Chelsea. I'm starting to look at the games where the Mancs might drop points, and if they slip up in a couple of games by the time they come to Anfield at the beginning of March, then we should be in a position to put some serious pressure on them.

A fair point from Dave at the time, and our confidence is still a bit fragile despite today's performance and result. But with every successive game we win, the chances of a 'Blackburn game' diminish a bit more.

I've never written the title off, and I'm now confident we'll finish above Chelsea. I'm starting to look at the games where the Mancs might drop points, and if they slip up in a couple of games by the time they come to Anfield at the beginning of March, then we should be in a position to put some serious pressure on them.

'If', 'should' etc.

Let it go Neil!

Can we do it? More than likely left ourselves with to much. Is it worth every bit of sweat and effort we can muster chasing a team with a far harder fixture list than us? Most defo.

Hopefully Chelsea fuck up a few more and let us in 2nd then we can go after these twats.

Of course it's worth trying, that goes without saying.

We try to win every game! Just left with too much to do.

At this point, i'm just hoping that next season we start much better than the last two.