You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

You've clearly never had anything wrong with you, which is great, or met the right doctor or get upset as there's no cure for the common cold

Well my hands are absolutely fucked with tendinitis, after being shunted about half the medical establishments in Scotland for months I got a letter through the post telling me my hands were fucked with tendinitis.

Put me off doctors for a long time.

That's one for small pleasures actually, if you have tendinits, put some 'Flexall' on it & you can actually sleep for a few hours. A mate told me about it rather than a doctor as well.

Just had one of those Ainsley Harriott "East Indian Mulligatawny" cup a soups.

Apart from Ainsley's ridiculous, gurning mug on the box looking at me lasciviously whilst i slurped away, it was a masive success.

It even had little bits in it that had the consistency of some sort of meat, no idea what they were, but they were ace.

Well my hands are absolutely fucked with tendinitis, after being shunted about half the medical establishments in Scotland for months I got a letter through the post telling me my hands were fucked with tendinitis.

Put me off doctors for a long time.

That's one for small pleasures actually, if you have tendinits, put some 'Flexall' on it & you can actually sleep for a few hours. A mate told me about it rather than a doctor as well.

Yeah, I was being a bit flippant. My take on it is if you actually do have something tricky you often discover how little they really know. I guess we live in a world where we expect/imagine there is a cure/treatment for most things and it turns out in reality there just isnt.

Current mmedical knowledge appears to be great at the crisis end, less good at the chronic stuff

• Upvote 1

Was told last week that the office was being audited by an external organisation. Immediately pictured some fat, balding bloke with glasses who would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.

The pleasure? Coming into work this morning to discover the auditor is an absolutely stunning Chinese girl who will now be sitting opposite me for the next fortnight.

And before you ask, any and all of the pictures I have already taken on the sly over the desk divider will remain for my own personal use...

• Upvote 2

22 degrees of your Celsius here.  TWENTY TWO.  

DO YOU HEAR THAT, Spamback of Dubai?

And you can fuck off too! In fact, I was contemplating this for the Things that annoy the shit out of you thread.....sitting under cold, grey clouds when I know you southern bastards are basking in temperatures like that. And I just know it'll have all clouded over by the time I get on Sunday

And you can fuck off too! In fact, I was contemplating this for the Things that annoy the shit out of you thread.....sitting under cold, grey clouds when I know you southern bastards are basking in temperatures like that. And I just know it'll have all clouded over by the time I get on Sunday

I'd rather be in Edinburgh with shitty weather than in London with nice weather.

Edit - not sure if Stingvest is in London like?

I know, it's only 33 here on Sunday.