You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amazingly Wonderful

Red Nick

Amazing that the signing of a Man City reserve strker can make us feel the best since May 25, 2005.

Its a big IF but IF the transfer can inspire him to 75% of his previous best he will have been a better signing than Owen could ever have been.

Crouch and Fowler could be as good as anything in the Premiership and Fowler could make it to the world cup squad.

I really want him to succeed and jsut pray that we dont see a forlorn figure who just cant cut it anymore.

He has the best movement of any English striker in the premiership and if he's playing well he was meant to be in a Rafa pass n move team.

From Man City reserve to God

Lets hope he can do it

I can understand the concerns, but I'm glad there's been such a positive response. When the rumour first started someone somewhere claimed he'd been chatting to Rafa and Paco and that he'd been told that they'd be able to improve his fitness with certain techniques he'd never had done to him before.

Trouble is that there's so many rumours and parts of rumours going round these days I can't remember where I read it.

I think we've got to compare him to Gary Mac. If we'd had Gary Mac in his heyday we might have already gone past number 18. As it was we got a player that brought a big part of the inspiration that led to the treble. With Robbie we've got someone that's costing us virtually nothing that can bring a lot more positives to the side than anyone else of his age.

Couldn't agree more with the comparison. Gary Amc was GH's best ever signing and we never looked the same when we let him go.Should have kept him on as a coach IMO but I was not ferench and losing the plot

Lets see if Rafa and Pako can get the best out of him - I reckon they will. If they do it will be yet another thing to love Rafa for. Fair play to Rafa for giving Robbie the same chance he gave Pelegroso - his faith will be repaid this time.

that's the interesting thing for me about this situation. benitez will be spending a lot of time with robbie in training, working out precisely how to utilise his talents, and telling him exactly what he wants him to do. also he's the man most likely to keep fowler fit, what with his focus on physiology and all. if he plays to robbie's strengths, uses him wisely & keeps him fit, then we're going to have some fun with this signing.

that's the interesting thing for me about this situation. benitez will be spending a lot of time with robbie in training, working out precisely how to utilise his talents, and telling him exactly what he wants him to do. also he's the man most likely to keep fowler fit, what with his focus on physiology and all. if he plays to robbie's strengths, uses him wisely & keeps him fit, then we're going to have some fun with this signing.

im finding myself agreeing with you again and with Robbies movement we could be like a new team because he still has the talent to find space in crowded areas