You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which is your favourite season of The Wire?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite season of The Wire?

Have you seen The Corner mini-series Paul? Its fantastic. Right up there with The Wire - kind of like a little spin off.

Generation Kill disappointed me. Having said that, it took me 2 goes with The Wire, so maybe I need to try again.

We switched over to SkyHD without having watched the first episode which I'd plussed on our old box, so I jibbed it off (I hate watching stuff where I've not seen the start). Just ordered it on DVD from Amazon.

I thought Generation Kill was very good, albeit incomparable with The Wire.

The lad who plays the main character in The Corner is a brilliant actor. Not done a lot since by all accounts (in common with quite a few of the "street" actors in The Wire) but he is brilliant. As is his mother, who went on to achieve minor fame as the doctor in CSI Miami!

I was quitting smoking at the same time as I started watching The Corner. Still not sure if it helped or hindered.

Freamon will amaze you.

We switched over to SkyHD without having watched the first episode which I'd plussed on our old box, so I jibbed it off (I hate watching stuff where I've not seen the start). Just ordered it on DVD from Amazon.

I thought Generation Kill was very good, albeit incomparable with The Wire.

Dont know who wrote it , but i've just started the Rescue Me series.

The acting isnt perfect but i'm just starting to get into it . As yet , no match for The wire or that cop thing , you know the one with the bald guy who leads the strike team ? Still , early days.

Rescue Me is ace. Does anyone know if there is - or will be - a fourth season?

Dont know about a fourth , but the good thing about being behind the times ala elvis , is that by the time i catch up with these great tv series , i have approx. 1 million hours of ace tv to watch! Cushdy.

I've still got all of The Corner and all of Generation Kill plussed and ready to be watched. i did watch the first episode of The Corner though, and wasn't blown away; thought there were a few pretty poor actors in it. Am sure I'll change my mind when I get into it.

I think a lot of these series have some poor acting, but the story lines and scripts etc. really are superb. Gripping even !

I think a lot of these series have some poor acting, but the story lines and scripts etc. really are superb. Gripping even !

I meant poor in comparison to The Wire, though. I don't know, the first episode just seemed amateurish next to The Wire, though I guess that's understandable.

I meant poor in comparison to The Wire, though. I don't know, the first episode just seemed amateurish next to The Wire, though I guess that's understandable.

Quite. That's like saying The Sopranos is shit in comparison with Goodfellas. (Or the other way round, whichever you prefer.)

Never seen a single episode, and won't be staying up til gone midnight tonight either, but have slapped in on my Sky+ planner, and as it is on every night this week, have series linked that mother-fucker too.

Now I don't series link stuff lightly, but this show has been touted as quite something on this very forum for a long time.

I'm worried though that it cannot possibly live up to the hype it's getting. Is this really the "best TV drama ever made"?

If it isn't, I'll be searching through the many Wire threads on here and dishing out some thunderous neg.

Never seen a single episode, and won't be staying up til gone midnight tonight either, but have slapped in on my Sky+ planner, and as it is on every night this week, have series linked that mother-fucker too.

Now I don't series link stuff lightly, but this show has been touted as quite something on this very forum for a long time.

I'm worried though that it cannot possibly live up to the hype it's getting. Is this really the "best TV drama ever made"?

If it isn't, I'll be searching through the many Wire threads on here and dishing out some thunderous neg.

battlestar_galactica.jpg

Also I like The Shield better.

Why is it? It sounds a bit like Hill Street Blues. Surely it's not better than Hill Street Blues?

To be fair, Hill Street Blues was fucking excellent.

Its been a while since I saw and Hill Street Blues and grown up a lot since, so I'm just gonna tell you The Wire is better. But I may consider re-watching Hill Street Blues one day.