You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

5 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Spot on here. Results make it or break it and with him, I think after leaving United when he went from being a sacred cow to someone that was "toxic" according to the Manc pr machine, he then had a tougher job at Spurs because that shit sticks.

The media have an unbelievable power in this country, especially the very powerful pundits like Carra and Neville for influencing people. I just hope Carragher isn't a knobhead about Slot, but I won't be holding my breath. 

I would imagine carragher will do whatever sky thinks makes good TV. The thing is, if he's shit, he doesn't have to say so, because him and Neville can go at it. It's if he's in that bit where he's alright, but isn't quite hitting the heights we have with klopp is the real test. 

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

Excellent post. We all hated him but despite the embarrassment of riches, Mourinho and his players and the Chelsea fans were a formidably strong force. Something Peps City can’t relate to at all

I havent negged but saying "Pep" is like saying "Fergie". This needs to be stamped out.

On 24/04/2024 at 22:49, Bobby Hundreds said:

The issue with many of the Dutch is they sound like really shit Sean Connery impersonators. I think he's one of those guys.. itshhh nissshhhhe to be here"

Christ just got to be on board with whoever it is no matter how apocalyptically underwhelming it is.

and cheese toasties for the squad in the canteen. 

9 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Like I said Vlad, I've nothing against him at all. In fact, I think for his career he's probably made the right decision. He'll always be a hero at Leverkusen now and Real's job is possibly his in a year. It's the biggest job in world football. We're one of the biggest clubs but for a Spanish lad, it makes sense. We're the level below Real.

I think management is mercenary in nature because any of them can be in the shit with fanbases after a handful of bad results and that includes Jurgen, Pep and Ancelloti - maybe Jurgen a lot less so because we adore him. Still, I've no doubt that Jurgen has a gigantic bond with us and Dortmund. I doubt Pep has that with City other than professional pride at winning trophies (I know I know) and it's probably the same with Ancelloti at Real. The key thing is getting someone that can be very good and someone that the fans will relate to. I mean you see how it is going so badly wrong at the Red Mancs and to be honest he walked in there with a lot of goodwill and their fans being excited by him. While their players are a horrible bunch, it is clear he's a knobhead. The anti-Klopp if you will.

It's funny but I listened to John Terry talking about Mourinho and how he rang him to tell him he was coming "home" to Chelsea for that second spell. He's always held up as the ultimate mercanary manager, but that somewhat surprised me. I don't see Pep ever having that emotional bond with City, other than lots of cash in his bank account. I mean I hate Mourinho, but he was a great manager in his day and it's clear he could build a rapport with the pre-Millenial players because a lot of them from the Porto/Chelsea/Inter teams seem to love him. 

Mourinho was desperate for the United job that summer. Chelsea was 2nd prize - "coming home" a load of bollox from a prick

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Slot right in,

Thank you very much,

We need somebody with the winning touch,

Got no hair,

We dont care,

Just as long as there's success to share.

That has just made me physically sick.

• Haha 4