You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sun 21st Apr 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

14 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

I want to see a performance where we move the ball quickly and actually fucking counter press when we lose it. And then regroup and press again if we don’t win it back straight away.

Basically I want a performance where we look vaguely like a Jurgen Klopp team. 

We’ll certainly see that alright, just not from us. This has got a hiding all over it the way we’re playing now and Silva’s been unlucky not taking more points off us recently. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm thinking about not watching because our finishing is likely to have me spin kicking the TV off the wall.

Get on this Tory bastard, bragging about his wall mounted TV….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Honestly we look absolutely spent. I've no idea where we drag a win from introduce a few kids see if their energy levels can do something.

I'm thinking about not watching because our finishing is likely to have me spin kicking the TV off the wall.

We got a clean sheet the other night..hopefully that gets the defence going again. And then I'm hoping the forward line follows today. We're finishing badly, but we're still creating loads of chances. We all know how this works, it's shit until we give someone a proper hiding. 

• Upvote 1

I haven’t had such low expectation before a game for ages. Years. Trent will get raped on the left wing and our players will look like they’ve just woken up. Klopp will do his sarcastic ‘ok then’ face, Gary Neville will make his Ooooh noise and we will all call each other names.

• Upvote 1

This is our first game fully focused on the league and we have Ali and Trent back, I'm not sure if we'll win it or not but I'm definitely not feeling worried. Eventually one of our strikers is going to score from open play for the first time in a while and when that happens things could quickly change for the better.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

We got a clean sheet the other night..hopefully that gets the defence going again. And then I'm hoping the forward line follows today. We're finishing badly, but we're still creating loads of chances. We all know how this works, it's shit until we give someone a proper hiding. 

Confidence is key. When we lose it we proper got to shit. If we have some back today we are again a top side.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, whtwht said:

Confidence is key. When we lose it we proper got to shit. If we have some back today we are again a top side.

Yeah. And I think we need to get a couple of those easy ones in. We're missing all the one on ones, not even hitting the target. And plenty of chances in the 6 yard box and we contrive to only hit the keeper or defender. 

I do wonder with the one on ones are our own keepers getting in the players head. Both are tremendous at one on ones and they're probably just as good in training. Perhaps we need them on the training pitch up against Adrian till they get some confidence back. 

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What's he say? He seems to be doing a lot of press at the moment. I'm still not convinced he's not on his way this summer. 

“To give them the advantage with six games to go is almost handing them the title I think”

Regardless if you think or not if your Vice-Captain and basically saying it’s over what message does that send.

13 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

“To give them the advantage with six games to go is almost handing them the title I think”

Regardless if you think or not if your Vice-Captain and basically saying it’s over what message does that send.

I've just watched the interview on SSN. It was quite downbeat. But his message was he's feeling good and he's got to pass that on to the other fellas. Klopp also did an interview, which was also not exactly positive. But the same kind of message, let's get to the last game. They're not exactly going to say "well city aren't quite as good as normal, so we expect them.to drop points". 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've just watched the interview on SSN. It was quite downbeat. But his message was he's feeling good and he's got to pass that on to the other fellas. Klopp also did an interview, which was also not exactly positive. But the same kind of message, let's get to the last game. They're not exactly going to say "well city aren't quite as good as normal, so we expect them.to drop points". 

Well we've already had our hearts broken twice by hoping we can catch the cheating cunts, only to end up 1 point behind. 

It's managing expectations, and just focusing on ourselves rather than constantly hoping other teams fail and the inevitable disappointments when they don't. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Rumours of a few changes in today's line-up, including a benched Salah

That wouldn't surprise me considering how close this game is to both the Atalanta and the derby game and we need to play at 12.30 next Saturday. I think we'll see a few changes across the games. I hope we can keep a solid back 4, in fact 5 with whoever plays deep in midfield. Try and give us a building block and then as much freshness as we can ahead. 

1 hour ago, Trojan1892 said:

I don’t think he means anything by it.  He’s just genuinely the thickest cunt in the league.  Words just tumble out of his mouth and he doesn’t even know what he’s saying.  Any time I see him talking on anything it’s just unbearable to listen to.  You can tell he’s been media trained to within an inch of his life so he thinks he’s a lot better at this PR stuff than he is.  Everything just feels so robotic with absolutely no thought to it at all.

I expect us to get murdered today if he starts because he and the coaching staff have clearly learned nothing from his time out.  He was still walking around letting players run off him.  As great as the first 10 mins of his long balls were he fell to bits attacking wise after that and was nothing but a problem individually and tactically for the rest of the time he was on the pitch.

If we start with Danns up front it’s going to get ugly fairly quickly.  He’s not good enough to start games and is far too loose with ball.  The players aren’t the problem it’s braindead shite tactics that we refuse to change.  I thought a few weeks ago with Alonso turning us down that I didn’t want Amorim because of the 3 at the back and we should have a rethink about Lijnders but he’s meant to be the genius behind this failed inverted full back nonsense that we refuse to give up.  I’ve gone from being devastated Klopps going to thinking at least we won’t have to watch this shite set up again next season.  There’s no way any other manager and coaching staff would blindly persist with this garbage.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Reckoner said:

I haven’t had such low expectation before a game for ages. Years. Trent will get raped on the left wing and our players will look like they’ve just woken up. Klopp will do his sarcastic ‘ok then’ face, Gary Neville will make his Ooooh noise and we will all call each other names.

Have you got next week’s lottery numbers as well please mate

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

If that's true it's utter madness. Why take him off midweek?

We're at the stage where every decision is the wrong one, isn't it?

We haven't scored a goal in open play in about 400 minutes and have another midweek game coming up. Some rotation or trying something different would hardly be madness.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

We're at the stage where every decision is the wrong one, isn't it?

We haven't scored a goal in open play in about 400 minutes and have another midweek game coming up. Some rotation or trying something different would hardly be madness.

Leaving your leading goalscorer out, if that's true, in the home straight for me is madness. Over thinking. Salah is in the Ronaldo type camp, he doesn't need resting. Even Kane plays almost every game. Fernandes, almost every fucking Arsenal player.

Just now, Smell The Glove said:

Leaving your leading goalscorer out, if that's true, in the home straight for me is madness. Over thinking. Salah is in the Ronaldo type camp, he doesn't need resting. Even Kane plays almost every game. Fernandes, almost every fucking Arsenal player.

He’s been shit recently though.