You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) - Sun 10th Mar 2024 (3:45pm)

Am I alone in thinking Elliott has been one of our best in that half?

Nunez has been poor and keeps straying offside.

Diaz has been okay up to the final ball.

Bradley excellent going forward.

• Upvote 4

Neville fucking me off with this City by far the better team shite. We've had more possession and it's 7-7 on shots. We've had the better chances and the goal should have been chalked off if Endo was. But it seems City and Arsenal can block off every game and we can

• Upvote 1

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

I think weve done well considering the team we have out. How that goal was given ill never know as Ake is actually offside when the ball is struck and hes pushing MacAllister away from goal.

Can't be offside from a corner mate. But yeah, shit like that should be penalised anyway.

Just need to be calm in the final third, had opportunities but rushed it. 

To lose a goal from a set piece is fucking annoying. 

No way we would not have had the same disallowed and the prick refs would justify it. 

Getting shots on target would help. 

Bradley has been almost Heighway-ish on the right. Needs to back himself a bit more in front of goal. He’s capable. 

We were getting a bit tired just on halftime. Diaz for Mo at this stage. 

A Mo special assist for Darwin and a goal himself maybe. Macca needs to be a little further forward and trust Endo more. How tired will City get? Can we keep the press up? 
All will be revealed

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

He's done well enough, should have an assist for szoboszlai, but still want Mo on asap 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

He's been OK for me but Mo needs yo come on. Same applies for Robbo/Gomez

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

We need an attacking threat down the left. Robbo on Joe off. 
That at least gives Walker something to think about
. Mo needs to come on for Elliot, Mo and Bradley down the right will hurt City. 

Robbo would leave to much space for Foden, Diaz should be giving Walker something to think about more, as it stands I'd swap Salah for Nunez.

Behind to a really poor goal to concede, although it looks like City have spotted something in our set up and capitalised on it. 

City just edging it, for me. But, we’ve done alright so far. We just look a bit reluctant to shoot. Bradley and Elliott seem to be having a bit of joy down our right, so it seems sensible to bring Salah on as early as possible in the second half to try and capitalise on that. 

Endo and Mac Allister have done okay in midfield. Nunez need to stop going offside. 

Plenty to play for still. But, City look dangerous on the break and could step it up a gear. If they decide to stop fucking time wasting. 

Dont think that half was bad at all. Apart from a poor first five minutes, and some terrible defending on a corner we’ve been pretty good. I have the feeling we can score at least a couple against these, it’s gonna be about keeping control and not take too much risk. If we take too much risk too early they’re likely to kill us off on the break.

Also a bit about quality and a cool head in the decisive moments, both Eliott and Bradley have had very good shooting chances inside their box, bit seemed to be a bit scared to take the responsibility to shoot. And of course Szoboszlai could and really should have scored.

This can still be done, come on you mighty Reds!!