You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People Or Things You’re Not Personally Emotionally Attached To That Make You Weep

Anubis

I saw a video on instagram earlier about a bee who befriends a woman, now they pick it fresh flowers everyday and it just hangs around their house. It was a lovely. 

NSPCC and RSPCA adverts always hit me hard. Sat eating my tea next thing I’m balling into my bolognese 

I find it almost impossible to cry, I'm sure that's connected to why I get anxiety. I cried when me mum's fella died even though we didn't like each other, possibly due to shock as I'd seen him dead in the hospital. Before that the last time was when my granddad died when I was 17. I've lost people since then and not shed a tear. You could hold a luger to my mellon and I still couldn't do it.

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I find it almost impossible to cry, I'm sure that's connected to why I get anxiety. I cried when me mum's fella died even though we didn't like each other, possibly due to shock as I'd seen him dead in the hospital. Before that the last time was when my granddad died when I was 17. I've lost people since then and not shed a tear. You could hold a luger to my mellon and I still couldn't do it.

I don't think I've been upset enough since my mam and dad died. I never she'd a tear when my ma went, and even when me dad went it was only as YNWA was playing as we were leaving the crem.

38 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I don't think I've been upset enough since my mam and dad died. I never she'd a tear when my ma went, and even when me dad went it was only as YNWA was playing as we were leaving the crem.

I was the same when my Dad died.

I was trying to be stoic for my Mum and Sisters who were in absolute pieces so bottled it up. The problem with doing that though is it can bite you on the arse further down the line. Which it did.

Lesson learned.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I was the same when my Dad died.

I was trying to be stoic for my Mum and Sisters who were in absolute pieces so bottled it up. The problem with doing that though is it can bite you on the arse further down the line. Which it did.

Lesson learned.

I've already had one episode of suicidal thoughts, but I just can't stop bottling it up.

This picture of a young boy whose flock had been hit by a car killed me when I first saw it in National Geographic. It still does. The way his toque has bent his ear over, for some strange reason, just absolutely kills me. The patch on his elbow, so carefully sewn.

eduardo-condor-ramos-william-albert-alla

I wasn't alone. People donated to replace his sheep. Which led to this picture, which also kills me:

tumblr_inline_onk0111ROl1qfapoe_500.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2024 at 19:52, Bjornebye said:

NSPCC and RSPCA adverts always hit me hard. Sat eating my tea next thing I’m balling into my bolognese 

I'm absolutely the same. Anything that involves neglected or badly treated cats or dogs and i'm in absolute bits. Once i hit 50 i found i would have a weep about a lot of things that i wouldn't have 10 years before. It's cathartic. 

Nothing wipes me out more than Heather dying in Highlander though.  "You've got your sheepskins on, and the boots i made for you. Goodnight, Bonny Heather" - ah, i'm going again....