You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - EFL Cup Final, Sun 25th Feb 2024 (3:00pm)

Trumo

Admitting defeat on tomorrow. I’ll set my alarm early tomorrow and have another look but I’m not paying £750 . I had one for £520 in my basket this afternoon but jr got sold while I was authorising the payment. Taking the piss.

Hope everybody going has a great day and the winners wall is getting updated again Monday morning.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Extra time and penalties here we go. And more walking wounded afterwards.

Yeah it's hard to imagine what it'll do to us if it goes the distance. Let's hope we can get in done in 90. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

It is quite hard to imagine us not picking up more injuries here - although surely to fuck it has to ease and turn at some point...

Does it? I think you end up in that vicious circle where the less players you have, the less you can protect the players in the red. The only thing that gets you out of it is less games. And that's not happening from here unless we blow it in the fa cup and uefa cup. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah it's hard to imagine what it'll do to us if it goes the distance. Let's hope we can get in done in 90. 

Does it? I think you end up in that vicious circle where the less players you have, the less you can protect the players in the red. The only thing that gets you out of it is less games. And that's not happening from here unless we blow it in the fa cup and uefa cup. 

Just hoping can get by for next 4 weeks and then players come back and we have a normal sort of injury list for run in

Although yeah i fear with us so short it will only lead to more.

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just hoping can get by for next 4 weeks and then players come back and we have a normal sort of injury list for run in

Although yeah i fear with us so short it will only lead to more.

Yeah. I have no idea how good Sparta are. But hopefully we can find a way to play a few kids and keep key players fresh for the league. We could have done with Southampton winning today so their focus was on automatic promotion rather than settling for the playoffs. 

I reckon any of the young lads who do play will realise the situation we are in and play out of their skins. Whether that will be enough, I don't know, but I'm not as worried as some. One or more will definitely make a name for themselves tomorrow.

And fuck Chelsea.

33 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah. I have no idea how good Sparta are. But hopefully we can find a way to play a few kids and keep key players fresh for the league. We could have done with Southampton winning today so their focus was on automatic promotion rather than settling for the playoffs. 

I can't imagine Sparta being much cop - but away threre will no doubt be toughish as it will be a massive night for them and atmosphere will be very hostile.

They finished behind Rangers in group stage so clearly not much cop.

The game against the scabs is one that worries me most - tomorrow is a final, adrenaline and the fact it is a final speaks for itself - the game v abu dhabi again is massive and a bouncing anfield will help us - plus it is still a couple of weeks away so may get a couple of players back....

The game against the scabs is just one that worries me - we are always shite there, it is their cup final and it comes off back of a very busy week inc the final which would be compounded if it ends up going to extra time.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I can't imagine Sparta being much cop - but away threre will no doubt be toughish as it will be a massive night for them and atmosphere will be very hostile.

They finished behind Rangers in group stage so clearly not much cop.

The game against the scabs is one that worries me most - tomorrow is a final, adrenaline and the fact it is a final speaks for itself - the game v abu dhabi again is massive and a bouncing anfield will help us - plus it is still a couple of weeks away so may get a couple of players back....

The game against the scabs is just one that worries me - we are always shite there, it is their cup final and it comes off back of a very busy week inc the final which would be compounded if it ends up going to extra time.

Yeah, that will be tough. I'm hoping the lads who there was talk about being back for tomorrow are actually back for that one. If we can get sub appearances for Darwin, Salah and Dom, we'll fuck them. For now to be honest, I just want to get through tomorrow, get a win in 90 and rest a few out against Southampton. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, that will be tough. I'm hoping the lads who there was talk about being back for tomorrow are actually back for that one. If we can get sub appearances for Darwin, Salah and Dom, we'll fuck them. For now to be honest, I just want to get through tomorrow, get a win in 90 and rest a few out against Southampton. 

Yeah - about size of it.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Our medical team must be on crack.

How can you have two forwards, who both played an excellent 45 minutes each and scored a goal, disappear with injury since? Its fucking BIZARRE.

8 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It will be won in 90, but not by us.

I'll leave you all in peace now to kid yourselves that we're good.

I imagine you can both sleep soundly now you've posted that. Que sera sera and all that.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Oh no its so negative, how dare you question the club!

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest. I'm sure they wouldn't employ people who were so obviously bad at their job, some lad on the internet picked up on it. The team we put out, will be the team we put out. I reckon they'll be OK.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I haven't slept soundly in years ace.

Neither have I. Haven't slept properly since my boys were born. Genuinely hope you do sleep well mate. Light sleeping is a fucking nightmare.

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Couldn't give a fuck to be honest. I'm sure they wouldn't employ people who were so obviously bad at their job, some lad on the internet picked up on it. The team we put out, will be the team we put out. I reckon they'll be OK.

Neither have I. Haven't slept properly since my boys were born. Genuinely hope you do sleep well mate. Light sleeping is a fucking nightmare.

My 3 are 19, 17 and 13. I've been tired since November 2004.

We can sleep when we're dead mate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Admitting defeat on tomorrow. I’ll set my alarm early tomorrow and have another look but I’m not paying £750 . I had one for £520 in my basket this afternoon but jr got sold while I was authorising the payment. Taking the piss.

Hope everybody going has a great day and the winners wall is getting updated again Monday morning.

Bullshit thing is you can pick up a Chelsea ticket for about £200.

Ive done a final sat on my hands before and it really isn’t worth it.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Bullshit thing is you can pick up a Chelsea ticket for about £200.

Ive done a final sat on my hands before and it really isn’t worth it.

Strange where those extra tickets came from. When we played them in Cardiff weren't they all supposed to be on holiday?