You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sat 21st Oct 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Six in the morning here and my neighbours must be wondering why I'm shouting "THAT'S OFFSIDE FOR FUCKS SAKE!" at the television.

I'll give Pawson the benefit of the doubt due to where he was when it happened, and he did get it right eventually.

And as much as I hate international football, I think it helped Nunez, who looked great for Uruguay and great today.

Thank god that's over.

We've got some very smart players, but every now and then they act really stupidly. Trent repeatedly going for flash long passes when sound short ones were on in several directions, Dom going for wild shots, Diaz the same, Konate getting booked for the kind of silly foul he does way too often, Mo losing the ball over and over and over again, someone playing the ball to Nunez when he was running away facing the other way, all just hugely frustrating.

We won, that's what matters, but learning certain lessons matters, too. If we'd stayed cool, passed the ball better, we could have thrashed this lot.

We did get away with konate there. However, how many times has the referee gone to the monitor to give a pen? I've never seen it yet and if they have, it's only for a tackle and not blatant handball! It's a var decision only. Was convinced he wasn't going to give it but he wasn't that bad today.

Top of the league and we should be further ahead but it's another3 points and a great start to this little run of fixtures. 3 more wins is very very achievable and it'll set us up nicely for the December fixtures

• Upvote 1